BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - Valentine’s Day 💙🤍

Not sure why Gallagher is being seen as a pick by many, he showed up better than  he normally does but when push came to shove he reverted to type and muffed his lines by missing a sitter put on a plate for him by Dolan.

The obvious thing is to go back to the line up which has served us well which Mowbray hasn't done in the last two games.

Then and only then should he try to change it if things aren't going well in game.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure why Gallagher is being seen as a pick by many, he showed up better than  he normally does but when push came to shove he reverted to type and muffed his lines by missing a sitter put on a plate for him by Dolan.

The obvious thing is to go back to the line up which has served us well which Mowbray hasn't done in the last two games.

Then and only then should he try to change it if things aren't going well in game.

Do you think Khadra played well last night? 

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

I'm sorry but relying on a 16 year old centre half, as good as he is at that level, is borderline suicide. He'd be absolutely bullied.

Well I totally disagree with you. The one thing he would not be is absolutely bullied. I am not advocating starting Phillips, but if someone had to come on at center-half he would be a better option than Johnson. He steps up to U23 level, and he is made captain. you don't do that with someone who gets bullied.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Thought Gallagher was really good too, and he offers more height for crossing.

If Dolan plays I think it will be with us sticking with 343 and he comes in for Buckley.

If we’re being honest Gallagher looked a better bet than Brererton going off Wednesday nights performance but  would you be prepared to leave him out ?

14 hours ago, rigger said:

Well I totally disagree with you. The one thing he would not be is absolutely bullied. I am not advocating starting Phillips, but if someone had to come on at center-half he would be a better option than Johnson. He steps up to U23 level, and he is made captain. you don't do that with someone who gets bullied.

Who gets bullied against other non-puberty bodies... Any striker in the league would be stronger than him, basic evolution.

22 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Mogga is contemplating going back to 4 at the back.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19915753.blackburn-rovers-tony-mowbray-weighs-formation-change/

Just keep it simple and changes to a minimum, please Tony. Stick to what works.

This is when Mowbray worries me. The cornerstone of the great run we went on was built on a back three/five and wing backs. It suited the players we had and brought out the best in them. From the usual three Lenihan is missing but surely Ayala can just slot in for him. With change comes a Mowbray penchant to over complicate and I fear that is what he will do.

• Like 8

It’s hard to escape the feeling that other teams/managers have worked out how to nullify the way we play. It’s not exactly complicated. Having said that I think that Bruce and WBA will want to play an attacking game on Monday. First home game and all that. That should suit us, so on the strength of that I’d gave the 3 at the back another go before I consider it’s time to change things. Nyambe at right back .I think Zefuik might be injured after he limped off the other night, not that I’d pick him over Nyambe.  Ayala for Lenihan.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Who gets bullied against other non-puberty bodies... Any striker in the league would be stronger than him, basic evolution.

I take it you have never seen him play. Get down to the U23s on Monday and watch him. I bet our strikers are not stronger than him, hence he trains with the first team. Basic evolution is a principle not a rule.

Edited by rigger

21 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It's one thing confusing the opposition pre-match.

It's another thing to bring confusion onto the pitch, which we all know has happened before.

Ya, that's true, but hopefully won't be the case this time. 

I would stick with 3 at the back and bring Nyambe and Pickering in

Has Pickering played with the under 23s? 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, that's true, but hopefully won't be the case this time. 

I would stick with 3 at the back and bring Nyambe and Pickering in

Has Pickering played with the under 23s? 

Yeah hopefully BDS, always a worry though.

Reading between the lines of that article, I wonder if he's looking to bring Pickering back in, but also keep Giles in the side, hence the mention of changing formation? I'm not aware of Pickering playing for the U23s, so his match fitness must be questionable.

15 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Yeah hopefully BDS, always a worry though.

Reading between the lines of that article, I wonder if he's looking to bring Pickering back in, but also keep Giles in the side, hence the mention of changing formation? I'm not aware of Pickering playing for the U23s, so his match fitness must be questionable.

Pickering and Giles would give some great balance in the side. Giles just looked  a bit caught in the headlights against Forest, whereas Pickering is very calm, mature beyond his years and keeps the ball very well 

During the six game winning streak, Lenihan, Wharton, Travis, Pickering, Nyambe, Rothwell, Buckley, & BB-D started all six. 

Van Hecke, & Khadra started five.

Kaminski, four; Pears, two. 

Dolan & Ayala started one, the first in the streak, vs Peterborough (arguably, the easiest to win).

The team should pick itself fairly easily, without changing formation. With Lenihan out, Ayala should start. If we change to four back, it should be Dolan, right?

I’m sure I’m missing something…I’m sure y’all will tell me what it is 😅

2 hours ago, rigger said:

I take it you have never seen him play. Get down to the U23s on Monday and watch him. I bet our strikers are not stronger than him, hence he trains with the first team. Basic evolution is a principle not a rule.

Apologies my wording was wrong, I meant that he might not get bullied by similar bodies but grown men's football is completely different and we saw that when Wharton first came on the scene and he was 3/4 years older than Phillips is now.

My ideal lineup for Monday:

TK

Nyambe Ayala JPVH Wharton Pickering

Trav Rothwell

Dack

Khadra Brereton

Predicted lineup:

TK

Nyambe Ayala JPVH Wharton Giles

Trav Rothwell

Dolan Gallagher Brereton 

The second lineup leaving us with about 30 yards between midfield and attack, leading to us having approximately 14 touches all half as we trail 2-0 at half time.

45 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Apologies my wording was wrong, I meant that he might not get bullied by similar bodies but grown men's football is completely different and we saw that when Wharton first came on the scene and he was 3/4 years older than Phillips is now.

You keep comparing Phillips to other players. You have to see Phillips for himself. Not only has he got a physical pressence, but he has a calm ability, and simple passing technique, that means for the most time he doesn't need his physicality. He is good enough to be on the bench, now. It may also be a way to sell the club to him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

This is when Mowbray worries me. The cornerstone of the great run we went on was built on a back three/five and wing backs. It suited the players we had and brought out the best in them. From the usual three Lenihan is missing but surely Ayala can just slot in for him. With change comes a Mowbray penchant to over complicate and I fear that is what he will do.

He just can't bloody help himself Tony.

• Like 1