BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - Valentine’s Day 💙🤍

14 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Unaware of Ash Phillips...talk to me, is he a top talent on our books?

Yikes just googled him...all the big boys in for him...can someone give a bit of background to him please.

16 year old, tall for his age, physically strong, does not look out of place in the U23s, great vision, very calm under pressure and shows good decission making. Seems to instill confidence into the defensive units he has played in. He sees a pass early and has the ability to play it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rigger said:

16 year old, tall for his age, physically strong, does not look out of place in the U23s, great vision, very calm under pressure and shows good decission making. Seems to instill confidence into the defensive units he has played in. He sees a pass early and has the ability to play it. 

Top potential but not ready for this Championship promotion gig yet.

8 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

My line up would be

Kaminski

Nyambe     Ayala     Wharton     Giles                        

Buckley Davenport

Dolan           Rothwell     Khadra

Brereton

You’d drop Travis? To put it kindly I think you’re absolutely mental. 😂 he’s the bite in our midfield without him we’d fall apart, Hull looked like Brazil gliding through our midfield when Trav was missing. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Mogga is contemplating going back to 4 at the back.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19915753.blackburn-rovers-tony-mowbray-weighs-formation-change/

Just keep it simple and changes to a minimum, please Tony. Stick to what works.

Though I agree with you - many on here are saying we have been found out - so (if that is the case) you have to change tactics.

13 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

It is my most controversial opinion but I dont rate Travis at all. I think he is poor as a defender, poor on the ball and offers nothing going forwards. He simply gets himself about but at this level that doesn't cut it. 

I'd agree that he has to be better but you can't have no one there doing the role he does. I'd actually say Rothwell does less on a regular basis. But some of the shortcomings of both players are down to the way the team is set up.

3 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Though I agree with you - many on here are saying we have been found out - so (if that is the case) you have to change tactics.

We may not have changed formation but I'm not sure if Mowbray has already tried to change the way we play over the last few games. Possession stats would suggest we have gone back a season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

It is my most controversial opinion but I dont rate Travis at all. I think he is poor as a defender, poor on the ball and offers nothing going forwards. He simply gets himself about but at this level that doesn't cut it. 

Travis does most of his good work out of possession with his closing down and tracking runners. My gripe is that in possession he normally slows our play down by either taking too many touches of not seeing early passes. I would however keep him in the side for the former.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

We haven't been found out at all, we are running on empty because of the threadbare squad.

January was a wonderful opportunity to push on, these owners meddled in the Rothwell deal and failed to support the manager to secure that 2nd position and we are where we are......

47 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Travis is excellent at what he does although he's capable of playing a bit more football probably but that isn't his job in this system. He just needs to cut back a bit on the silly needles fouls and handbags that prompts refs into blowing against the whole team all the time.

This midfield is twice as competitive as any we've had in this league with the likes of tidier players like Evans and Holtby strolling around stealing wages. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Gav said:

We haven't been found out at all, we are running on empty because of the threadbare squad.

January was a wonderful opportunity to push on, these owners meddled in the Rothwell deal and failed to support the manager to secure that 2nd position and we are where we are......

Who idea was it to allow players to go out on loan in the Jan transfer window in this threadbare squad ?

4 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Who idea was it to allow players to go out on loan in the Jan transfer window in this threadbare squad ?

We replaced most of them with potentially better players, wouldn't you agree? 

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

We replaced most of them with potentially better players, wouldn't you agree? 

I see you say potentially better,too early to tell so far,It would help if Mowbray would play them in their best positions,2 games in and Tony Tombola has already played Hedges at RB and Giles as a wide forward.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Jeez change the record! 

And your just making your own assumptions about the owners not backing the manager, by most itk acounts money was made available but Mowbray, waggot & co. Couldn't make use of it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The only mistake with the loaning out was sending Carter away.

The players out on loan aren't world beaters but i was reacting to Gav's assumption that it's the owners fault we have a threadbare squad when it was managers decision to send players out on loan which made the squad smaller.

42 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I see you say potentially better,too early to tell so far,It would help if Mowbray would play them in their best positions,2 games in and Tony Tombola has already played Hedges at RB and Giles as a wide forward.

You didn't answer the question, you criticised Mowbray for sending players out on loan, player that weren't getting a game, we replaced them with players that are challenging for the first team, more of less evened the numbers up, wouldn't you agree?

30 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Jeez change the record! 

And your just making your own assumptions about the owners not backing the manager, by most itk acounts money was made available but Mowbray, waggot & co. Couldn't make use of it

If you don't like it maybe ask the mods for help, the ignore function could be just the job. Thats how things work around here, we don't shut down debate because we don't like the opinion.  

Edited by Gav

18 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Jeez change the record! 

I don't know about that but Mowbray did say that by selling Rothwell he could have bought two '23 or 24 year olds' to bolster the team. Nobody knows for certain but that statement indicated to me that he had to generate his own transfer kitty. 

• Like 3