BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - Valentine’s Day 💙🤍

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't know about that but Mowbray did say that by selling Rothwell he could have bought two '23 or 24 year olds' to bolster the team. Nobody knows for certain but that statement indicated to me that he had to generate his own transfer kitty. 

We had an offer accepted for Siriki Dembélé though and I'm certain we must have made enquiries about other forwards, I just don't think Mowbray has the pulling power to attract players unless those players have no other decent offers on the table and they're desperate for 1st team football, obviously wages likely came into it as well but i can't imagine his demands would have been extortionate. 

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

We had an offer accepted for Siriki Dembélé though and I'm certain we must have made enquiries about other forwards, I just don't think Mowbray has the pulling power to attract players unless those players have no other decent offers on the table and they're desperate for 1st team football, obviously wages likely came into it as well but i can't imagine his demands would have been extortionate. 

The truth is nobody knows except the inner sanctum at Ewood. We can guess and speculate, believe or disbelieve 'itk's' but very rarely can anybody on here say anything about transfers and the like with absolute certainty 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Gav said:

You didn't answer the question, you criticised Mowbray for sending players out on loan, player that weren't getting a game, we replaced them with players that are challenging for the first team, more of less evened the numbers up, wouldn't you agree?

If you don't like it maybe ask the mods for help, the ignore function could be just the job. Thats how things work around here, we don't shut down debate because we don't like the opinion.  

Or we could have kept the loan players that might be needed in the run in if injuries and suspensions hit us or running on empty like you say we are atm.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The truth is nobody knows except the inner sanctum at Ewood. We can guess and speculate, believe or disbelieve 'itk's' but very rarely can anybody on here say anything about transfers and the like with absolute certainty 

In terms of Dembele, the Peterborough chairman himself said us Birmingham and Bournemouth all had bids accepted for 1.5 million. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Sure, but as Butty says above..... And i cant see any reason why they'd lie. 

If we had at least couple of 1.5 - 2mill available we could/should have found somebody to offer reasonable backup up front 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

In terms of Dembele, the Peterborough chairman himself said us Birmingham and Bournemouth all had bids accepted for 1.5 million. 

To be fair even though they're a smaller club than us and Birmingham the choice of Bournemouth Dembele made is the one most players looking to play in the Prem would have chosen.With parachute payments they could also probably offer him more money too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Or we could have kept the loan players that might be needed in the run in if injuries and suspensions hit us or running on empty like you say we are atm.

We don’t have the budget.

3 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

To be fair even though they're a smaller club than us and Birmingham the choice of Bournemouth Dembele made is the one most players looking to play in the Prem would have chosen.With parachute payments they could also probably offer him more money too.

Sorry, But the point is that we did clearly have funds Available 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Agents and younger players must like to work with Mowbray look how many younger players he has had under him that have gone on to better things.

Armstrong he worked with at Coventry before here and he got a big move to the Premier League.Brererton after a few years developing looks like another that will move for big money.Maddison when he was at Coventry.

City loaning us Tosin, then Bellis.Last season Harvey Elliot from Klopp.

We don't pay the wages that established players are accustomed too and that's what is stopping us getting established players in imo.

Take Dembele as an example he will be getting paid on par or above our highest earner we couldn't justify to the rest of the squad putting him amongst our higher earners.

I feel Mowbray is weak tactically and he (apart from this season) likes to work with big squads less quality more numbers which I disagree with and is extremely stubborn but I do think generally he has done well overall with transfers and I'd be surprised if working with him isn't a pull for younger players.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sorry, But the point is that we did clearly have funds Available 🤷‍♂️

You have to ask if there was money available on deadline day where was plan B after Dembele decided to go to Bournemouth,more lack of planning from the powers at Ewood.

39 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Oh absolutely. They’ll be paying him triple what we would have offered probably. 

• Like 1

Livermore failed in appeal so is out for 4 games.

No doubt Bruce will put another clogger in but I'm happy not to have to watch a game with Livermore in it.

It's going to be a hard one but I will be ok with a point, want the win.

Can't stand Bruce, but would be ok if he managed us. Odd, must be his accent.

4 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Everyone is told they needs years to integrate into our team. 

Dembele this, Dembele that…some people thought we were going to be lining up with Elliott and Solanke on Valentines day!!

Bournemouth have gone shit or bust with a clown as manager. Failure to go up this year and they will be lower leagues for the next 20. Nothing club, massive losses, parachute payments. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, superniko said:

Dembele this, Dembele that…some people thought we were going to be lining up with Elliott and Solanke on Valentines day!!

Bournemouth have gone shit or bust with a clown as manager. Failure to go up this year and they will be lower leagues for the next 20. Nothing club, massive losses, parachute payments. 

Yeah if they don’t go up it would be troublesome for them. But I think they will finish top two even with an unpopular Parker in charge. 

• Like 2

Parker is more a lucky than a poor manager.

Lucky to be appointed at Fulham to a club in the PL and then parachute rich. Same at Boscombe, parachute rich.

He will get his 2nd promotion out of Division 2 this season and this at the age of just 41.

Not too shabby for someone that the experts on here call a poor manager.

He will end up having a well paid career, poor or not and probably be invited into the PL manager D. & E. Club.

Bournemouth as a club have just shown some balls to invest for promotion, a calculated gamble of a few million to earn millions.

I like that approach more than chicken shit and hiding behind every excuse imaginable and some not yet even thought of.

Meanwhile how is the 'statue' fund going?

• Like 8

16 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The only mistake with the loaning out was sending Carter away.

Just seen on Twitter that the lad is getting rave reviews at Pompey - they absolutely love him. Comparing him to Clarke and Webster who both ended up at Brighton for a lot of money.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

This is how it goes. We will probably draw or lose to the baggies. We've had opportunities against worse teams but didnt take our chances.

We did the famous kiss of death 'Play Sweet Caroline..' at a football game. Like england celebrating something that hadnt and never happened( still scarred from Gary Neville singing it).

2nd is out of our sights now, forget about it hope for the best. Bournemouth were able to see the opportunity for what it was and shelled out some millions for maximum gains in the summer. ..great investment. We just cant compete and their jan transfers will ulitmately and already have been the difference.

Let's hope for minimum 6th and who knows playoffs are lotteries bit like the cup

Edited by starscascade

Buckleys suspension comes at a good tike for the lad. He looks like he needs a bit of a breather mentally, the chances he has missed recently have impacted his overall performance. 

With lenihan missing mowbray has talked about the possibility of going to flat back 4. And with 2 goals scored in 6 games there's certainly an argument to change it up. For me I wouldn't ditch the back 5 just yet. It's given us a solid platform to build upon and is a large part of what contributed to our good run, maybe we need to switch tactic if we go one nil down but I'd stick with it for now.

My team

Kaminski

Van hecke   Ayala   Wharton

Nyambe     Travis   Rothwell     Pickering(if fit)

Khadra     Dolan     Brereton

Subs

Keeper, Johnson, JRC, Giles, davenport, Hedges, Gallagher.

If Brereton is getting little joy then play Brereton as a 9 with dolan and khadra wide.

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Buckleys suspension comes at a good tike for the lad. He looks like he needs a bit of a breather mentally, the chances he has missed recently have impacted his overall performance. 

With lenihan missing mowbray has talked about the possibility of going to flat back 4. And with 2 goals scored in 6 games there's certainly an argument to change it up. For me I wouldn't ditch the back 5 just yet. It's given us a solid platform to build upon and is a large part of what contributed to our good run, maybe we need to switch tactic if we go one nil down but I'd stick with it for now.

My team

Kaminski

Van hecke   Ayala   Wharton

Nyambe     Travis   Rothwell     Pickering(if fit)

Khadra     Dolan     Brereton

Subs

Keeper, Johnson, JRC, Giles, davenport, Hedges, Gallagher.

If Brereton is getting little joy then play Brereton as a 9 with dolan and khadra wide.

Buckley isn't suspended for this is he?