BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Joe Rothwell Poll

‘Super Joe’ will…  

112 members have voted

1. 1. On Feb 1st 2022, Joe Rothwell will play for…

• Blackburn Rovers
    • Bournemouth
    • Another Championship club (not Bournemouth)
    • Another Premier League club

Not really a poll is it 😂 more just guess work. 

I'm sure we all know where we want him to still be for years to come! 

I understand he's at an age where he needs to really be trying to see if he can hack it in the prem, but with our current league position and his form this season you'd hope he'd be sensible(and loyal!) enough to at least see the season out with us before making any decision. (same goes for Leninhan and Ryan) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Just have a horrible feeling he'll sign for Brentford and we'll fail to replace him. It would be a significant blow to our season and I think Rovers under Venkys have got me to always believe in the worst outcome.

So here we are.

So long as it's the end of the season, love him to stay he 's on the best form of his career.

Why are people slagging him off? Has he left the club? If not, shut the feck up until/if he goes.

Sunday a.m.

I wasn’t aware that he had decided not to play yesterday, not because he was injured. 
Apologies for any offence I may have caused by my original message. 

Edited by Riversider28
  • Like 3

Pretty clear he wants to leave. To be fair put yourself in his shoes. He's not a blackburn supporter and football is his job. He might be able to earn significantly more at another club for doing the same thing. 

I just hope our league position keeps him here until summer. If we go up he'll stay. 

I'd rather lose him for free and try for promotion that sell for a few quid and give up on the season. 

We won't get a replacement as good in the time available  

• Like 1

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Why are people slagging him off? Has he left the club? If not, shut the feck up until/if he goes.

Because he's not played today (his decision) due to wanting to leave.

I don't care how or why, but that is a shithouse move on your teammates in the position we're in.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Because he's not played today (his decision) due to wanting to leave.

I don't care how or why, but that is a shithouse move on your teammates in the position we're in.

Indeed. Especially when we could barely field a bench and had every attacker either injured or pick one up during the game.

• Like 3

I’m not sure if this is allowed;

Joe Rothwell can basically “fuck off” as far as I’m concerned.

If we where mid table, bottom of league etc - at least the argument is based on level.

The worst part is he can do whatever he wants for free in 5 months. It’s not even as if we’re in a position to demand anything.

Ridiculous turn of events.

• Like 8

This is a tricky one for Rovers to deal with.

On the one hand, players come and players go. Whatever. How many have left over the years? Simon Barker, Chris Price, Colin Hendry (twice), Shearer, Sutton, Le Saux, Bellamy, Jones, Bentley, Santa Cruz etc etc etc... As soon as they leave then, who cares? They're either at Rovers or they're nothing to us any more.

I think that the main thing is for us to get the best deal for Rovers and another player in. Can we trust a player on the way out to give it all and bust a gut in the run in? If we can get a new player in from this rather than losing him for nothing and have him moping around in the run-in potentially putting a dampener on squad morale, perhaps it's time to cash in our chips.

There've been so many cases of players who just aren't the same after having their heads turned. With a promotion battle on our hands, not sure I'd want players who aren't committed to the cause around the place.

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can’t imagine this happening to us in the souness promotion 

We were spending left, right and centre that season. Brought in the likes of Hignett, Marcus Bent, Freidel, Curtis, Mahon, Bjornebye. We'd have offered Rothwell the likes of money to have had him signed up again at this point.

We're punching above our weight considering the financial considerations, in that year we were a division below where we should have been to start with. If you want to compare 2000-01 to present times, then it's more comparable to our year in League One. Both times we were the big spenders and able to improve the team, too.

What Mowbray's done this season so far is as impressive as any performance since, perhaps, the days of Don Mackay. Who would have predicted that after the one win in 15 last season, or even after the home tonking by Fulham?!?

5 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

We were spending left, right and centre that season. Brought in the likes of Hignett, Marcus Bent, Freidel, Curtis, Mahon, Bjornebye. We'd have offered Rothwell the likes of money to have had him signed up again at this point.

We're punching above our weight considering the financial considerations, in that year we were a division below where we should have been to start with. If you want to compare 2000-01 to present times, then it's more comparable to our year in League One. Both times we were the big spenders and able to improve the team, too.

What Mowbray's done this season so far is as impressive as any performance since, perhaps, the days of Don Mackay. Who would have predicted that after the one win in 15 last season, or even after the home tonking by Fulham?!?

Tell me rothwell tells souness halfway through a promotion changing season that he is jumping ship without being put through a wall 

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Tell me rothwell tells souness halfway through a promotion changing season that he is jumping ship without being put through a wall 

To be fair, Souness got rid of a load of dead wood when he came in. We reaped the benefits...but where was the loyalty then? How about in the past year? Elliot Bennett was a good servant for us...we mostly wanted him out a good year or two before he left. Same with Downing and Evans. Bell and Holtby; tough titty, bye!! Rothwell? Oh no...we don't want you to go, you're playing well. Why won't you just stay six months? Why won't you think of the club, the fans etc? 

Football fans have no real loyalty to anyone, solely to the club. Why would any player have loyalty to them? I'm the same...as soon as Rothwell leaves, I don't care if he does well or not. I won't actually wish them to fail but I'm ambivalent if they succeed. 

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 1