BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

Swansea away, 5.30pm kick off (thanks to Sky) but it's imperative that there are as many Rovers fans at Vetch Field (or what ever the fuck it's called these days?!) on Saturday.

February is one hell of a tough month and we all need to galvanise as one and get behind this brave bunch of young lads in the cause of the both the red rose, BRFC and do our utmost to see us back where we belong....Bournemouth, QPR, who the fuck are ya?!

I'll be in Swansea with my pals as normal, (another long day) I really hope that a couple of thousand of you at least, join us in South Wales.....

COYB!!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

• Like 3

Undecided on this one. Usually a Saturday away game is a no brainer and the team deserve the support, but have to admit the journey, cost and kick off time is testing me. My mates are going to the pub for the afternoon watching the football there. Tempted to join them and save a lot of time, money and hassle.

2 minutes ago, duckson said:

Predicted line up anyone?

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton 

Nyambe Rothwell Travis Giles

Khadra   Buckley   BBD

Straightforward selection for me. And immeasurably stronger than the team that started against Luton, let alone the one that finished it. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Swansea away, 5.30pm kick off (thanks to Sky) but it's imperative that there are as many Rovers fans at Vetch Field (or what ever the fuck it's called these days?!) on Saturday.

February is one hell of a tough month and we all need to galvanise as one and get behind this brave bunch of young lads in the cause of the both the red rose, BRFC and do our utmost to see us back where we belong....Bournemouth, QPR, who the fuck are ya?!

I'll be in Swansea with my pals as normal, (another long day) I really hope that a couple of thousand of you at least, join us in South Wales.....

COYB!!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Swansea play at the Liberty stadium these days.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, darrenrover said:

COYB!!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

I wouldn't mock Bournemouth or Q.P.R serious promotion contenders,

12 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I think if there's six or seven hundred of us who make the trip it will be a good turnout.  Under-23's home on Friday night and then trek down to Swansea on Saturday - a proper footballing weekend.

I am doing the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duckson said:

Kaminski

Khadra   Buckley   BBD

Has to be the team, fitness permitting.

Giles has to start, Zeefuik looked uncomfortable on his wrong side at Luton. Rothwell needs to come back in.

The questions perhaps come up front. Khadra had a hamstring injury, if there is any risk then it makes no sense for him to play, Hedges should then start.

Brereton is obviously the key, I wish he wasn't playing for Chile tonight. I also wonder if Gallagher will be ok, last time he was coughing up blood he came back almost instantly. 

Only just noticed that Swansea host Luton tonight in one of their 'in hand' games. Hopefully this is good news for us as we have a full week recovery and preparation whereas Swansea will be focusing on tonight and only have a couple of days to prepare for us.

I hope it is a gruelling match which wears them down and they end up limping to victory.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Only just noticed that Swansea host Luton tonight in one of their 'in hand' games. Hopefully this is good news for us as we have a full week recovery and preparation whereas Swansea will be focusing on tonight and only have a couple of days to prepare for us.

I hope it is a gruelling match which wears them down and they end up limping to victory.

I dunno, this sort of thing hasn't gone in our favour recently.

vs Huddersfield at Ewood we had an extra 24 hours recovery and preparation time and we never looked like breaking them down outside the first 10 minutes.

vs Hull again we had an extra 24 hours recovery and preparation time and well, we saw what happened there.

vs Luton they played Saturday, Tuesday compared to our one game on the Monday night, but again we didn't look any sharper than them. Although we were well up for the battle.

There have been some poor sides at Ewood this season but Swansea stand out with their daft 'play it out from the back at all costs' approach. That was on the opening day and we won 2-1 (we should have had more), but if we'd have faced them like that in November or December we'd have absolutely thumped them with the form we were in then.

Haven't seen Swansea since that game so not sure if they're any better now but their league position, with mainly only the stragglers below them, wouldn't suggest so. Have to be going there to win this one.

15 minutes ago, frosty said:

There have been some poor sides at Ewood this season but Swansea stand out with their daft 'play it out from the back at all costs' approach. That was on the opening day and we won 2-1 (we should have had more), but if we'd have faced them like that in November or December we'd have absolutely thumped them with the form we were in then.

Haven't seen Swansea since that game so not sure if they're any better now but their league position, with mainly only the stragglers below them, wouldn't suggest so. Have to be going there to win this one.

From what I saw of them against QPR, yep, they still play out from the back and are very much a possession focused side.

For my money they’re exactly the type of team that we should flourish against, so we need to be targeting a win here. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, duckson said:

Kaminski

Khadra   Buckley   BBD

Looks nailed on to me if Rothwells head is right.

Quality team that where you have 100% confidence in every player (assuming Giles is as good as everyone says). 

Frustrating we don't have good attacking options on the bench. Looking forward to Dack coming back in to give us that wow factor from the bench in the last 30 mins.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Giles has to start, Zeefuik looked uncomfortable on his wrong side at Luton. Rothwell needs to come back in.

The questions perhaps come up front. Khadra had a hamstring injury, if there is any risk then it makes no sense for him to play, Hedges should then start.

Brereton is obviously the key, I wish he wasn't playing for Chile tonight. I also wonder if Gallagher will be ok, last time he was coughing up blood he came back almost instantly. 

Given the way Swansea play if Gally comes in it should suit him as one good element of his game is relentless closing down as Swansea pass it around.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I would play them all at some stage, the latest signings need a game or two to prove themselves. I can't wait for the forest game to see them in action. I can't afford away matches.

9 hours ago, duckson said:

Kaminski

Khadra   Buckley   BBD

That's a very strong lineup, but what's the bench going to look like?

(actually that's not a completely rhetorical question, I have lost track of who is injured and who is fit and who got shipped out on loan - if anyone can give me a summary that would be ace)