BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

11 minutes ago, AspRover said:

That's a very strong lineup, but what's the bench going to look like?

(actually that's not a completely rhetorical question, I have lost track of who is injured and who is fit and who got shipped out on loan - if anyone can give me a summary that would be ace)

Think Bench would be : Pears, Ayala, Zeefuik, Johnson, Davenport, Hedges, Gallagher

Mowbray must look at Hedges as  immediately available - as he let Butterworth go. It will be interesting to see how at home in the Championship he is. Need him to make an immediate impact.

Could even see him starting if Khadra or BBD aren't fit.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, duckson said:

Predicted line up anyone?

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton 

Nyambe Rothwell Travis Giles

Khadra   Buckley   BBD

That looks a decent line up to be fair.

Wonder if the manager will see it the same way?

0-3.

Rothwell hat trick and everyone to put the pitch forks away and rush down to the Club shop on Monday to have "Super Joey Rothwell" printed over the Totally WKD patch.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Only just noticed that Swansea host Luton tonight in one of their 'in hand' games. Hopefully this is good news for us as we have a full week recovery and preparation whereas Swansea will be focusing on tonight and only have a couple of days to prepare for us.

I hope it is a gruelling match which wears them down and they end up limping to victory.

Well Naughton was substituted after 22 minutes so presumably an injury.

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Swansea hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us - don't think we have won at that stadium. 

We need a win Saturday. They are struggling and ineffective, we need a win and a return to goals.

I’ve never been one to talk us up before games but we really should win this one. Swansea are in the doldrums at the moment. We could do with Fisher throwing a couple in for us.

Swansea have 5 points from their last 5 games and have lost the last 2.

Absolutely nothing to fear and a nailed on Rovers' win for me

Unbelievably, you can get 2/1 for a Rovers' win.  This is superb value all things considered.  Just fill your boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Got to be that lineup fitness permitting

If everyone's up for it then it's a supremely balanced side. The back three sweep everything up, Travis covers, Rothwell drives through the middle, the wing backs give width, Buckley created a nightmare dropping off and Khadra and BBD get in behind. No one has an answer to it imo.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, duckson said:

Predicted line up anyone?

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton 

Nyambe Rothwell Travis Giles

Khadra   Buckley   BBD

That's a strong starting 11. The bench may be a bit light but hopefully we have enough for the 3 points.

With Bournemouth and QPR playing in the Cup this weekend it's a good opportunity to open up a bit of a gap (albeit they'll have games in hand).

Luton went life and death with a massively depleted squad of ours, on their own patch, never really looked like scoring and IMO only managed a draw due to us having none of our main attackers. 3 days later that same squad goes to Swansea and makes them look like a borderline league 2 team.

I think we're gonna absolutely spank Swansea on Saturday. 0-3

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They play very much like Rovers did last season, pass it around until you lose it style football.  If we press hard we should be able to take advantage of that.

I think this is completely right. The pessimistic view though is that for all our struggles against solid, well drilled teams last year, there were occasions when we got it right and were genuinely very difficult to get to grips with. Especially when we scored first.

I think we'll win, but there is an element of danger with this one. Teams that are capable of dominating the ball like they do can cause good teams problems, they took a point off QPR at their place only a week or two ago and could've nicked three.