BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They play very much like Rovers did last season, pass it around until you lose it style football.  If we press hard we should be able to take advantage of that.

I enjoyed that this was in italics, made it feel like it was important 🧐

Watched them against QPR the other week, no great shakes albeit in an away game against a team on fire. Losing to Luton clearly shows we should be going there to win of we have aspirations of a top two finish. 

Swansea are struggling so it's not a must win but it's a game we need to win and ought to win if we're serious about maintaining promotion momentum

It would be nice to win at a canter too so that key players can be substituted and rested

Our thin squad is going to have to be managed very carefully

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I enjoyed that this was in italics, made it feel like it was important 🧐

Watched them against QPR the other week, no great shakes albeit in an away game against a team on fire. Losing to Luton clearly shows we should be going there to win of we have aspirations of a top two finish. 

My lap top has a mind of it’s own. Now and again it likes a blast of italics. It’s behaving now.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Mercer said:

Swansea have 5 points from their last 5 games and have lost the last 2.

Absolutely nothing to fear and a nailed on Rovers' win for me

Unbelievably, you can get 2/1 for a Rovers' win.  This is superb value all things considered.  Just fill your boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its usually those stats that I fear the most. We tend to come unstuck against teams with those numbers.   

17 hours ago, Mercer said:

Swansea have 5 points from their last 5 games and have lost the last 2.

Absolutely nothing to fear and a nailed on Rovers' win for me

Unbelievably, you can get 2/1 for a Rovers' win.  This is superb value all things considered.  Just fill your boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, lets hope this is more likely than your other tip from the last 24 hours!

• Like 1

There are no gimme's in this league as we found out at Hull recently. Having seen Swansea and their possession game several times it's really important that we press high and at the head of the press we should have Buckley. Hopefully Dolan is fit enough to be on the bench as he is up there with Buckley when it comes to a high press. Hopefully it's another clean sheet which should see us winning as I think we can certainly score.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Oh dear, lets hope this is more likely than your other tip from the last 24 hours!

Win some, lose some!  As long as the former is bigger than the latter!  Rovers have done me proud on this super run and long may it continue!

I watched the whole 90 minutes of Swansea and Luton last night. Yes, they still play possession football but I thought they were a bit more polished and play through the lines more than when we played them at Ewood. However, they still take risks at the back and Fisher in particular didn’t look comfortable in that role.

I know it’s an old cliché but 1st goal will be so important on Saturday. Their heads dropped once they went behind last night.

7 hours ago, garnersfags said:

If we take a thousand plus to this game, it will be stratospheric support.

We've been unlucky with the Sky matches, in terms of away support, tho not at Luton obv.

Good luck to anyone going, you deserve plaudits, and 3 points....

Out of 'Dodge' at 9.30am, spot of lunch (both solid and liquid) in Symonds Yat, perhaps take in a bit of 'egg chase watching' en route and then on to 'the new Vetch Field' for 4.30, prior to the Sky induced 5.30 kick off.

If there's a thousand plus Rovers there, it will be a fantastic turn out.

As always with your mates, the full day watching Rovers away is always to be cherished and was forever thus.

I'm confident that we'll be coming back from South Wales with 3 points. Just as long as we don't change what works and isn't broken and maintain the high press from the front.

COYB!!!

• Like 1

Comfortable 2-0 win for me this.

I think there'll be a little buzz about the squad just due to a few little things. Diaz being back most of all, Khadra and Joe hopefully returning to the team and despite a few sulking about it on here some new faces in the squad wanting to make a good first impression. 

Diaz and Rothwell the scorers. I can see Rothwell putting in a MOTM performance. 

Hi everyone, 

I’m a committee member at the Glynneath Town afc Sports Bar. We are about 15 miles from Swansea, two minutes off the A465, so directly on your route to the stadium! 

We offer a huge range of drinks and the best breakfast in Wales! Search Glynneath Sports bar on Facebook for more info. 

If you’re looking for somewhere to have a good swig on the way to, or indeed on the way back from the game, feel free to call in on your way past! 

Let me know if you’re interested. 

Thanks and all the best,

Lee

8 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Based on the press quotes looking thin on the ground!

Hedges and Giles likely to come straight into the mix, particularly if Khadra doesn't make it.

Zeefuik at LWB likely?

Rothwell hopefully able to slot straight back in, and BBD available from the start.

That's the ideal scenario, however I think Giles at LWB which is just as good at LWB?

We just need a player in the box he can deliver to which isn't likely

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We don't have 1 fit attacker for this game.

Personally think we are fucked!

@rovers11back to full strength?! You just read TMs comments? Lol

Diaz. On your other point about Mowbrays comments. Mowbrays biggest fault has always been the bollocks he speaks to the media.  

Edited by rigger
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, rigger said:

Diaz. On your other point about Mowbrays comments. Mowbrays biggest fault has always been the bollocks he speaks to the media.  

I don’t know why people get so bothered about what he says to the media. It’s completely irrelevant. No manager is truthful during interviews so it always needs taking with a pinch of salt.

Having said that I’ve always found his post match comments relatively honest. Certainly an improvement on one or two previous managers I can think of..

• Like 5