BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

10 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I don’t know why people get so bothered about what he says to the media. It’s completely irrelevant. No manager is truthful during interviews so it always needs taking with a pinch of salt.

Having said that I’ve always found his post match comments relatively honest. Certainly an improvement on one or two previous managers I can think of..

So your first sentence says he isn't truthful, your second says that he is. My take on it is that I don't believe what he says at any point.

Edited by rigger

On 01/02/2022 at 21:58, JHRover said:

Swansea hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us - don't think we have won at that stadium. 

We need a win Saturday. They are struggling and ineffective, we need a win and a return to goals.

We won 4-1 there on the opening of the stadium when it had no name.

I was there..

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I don’t know why people get so bothered about what he says to the media. It’s completely irrelevant. No manager is truthful during interviews so it always needs taking with a pinch of salt.

Having said that I’ve always found his post match comments relatively honest. Certainly an improvement on one or two previous managers I can think of..

A curious development with modern football I suspect, although maybe it's always happened to a degree. I definitely don't think it's just a Rovers thing - media performance seems like another thing which a manager gets judged on which to be honest, I really don't get. 

Even taking an ultra-extreme example of K**n and the nonsense he came out with, I would've been fine with him calling Ribero Dennis Irwin if he was even semi-competent at managing the club. 

Seems like Saturday's game may fall into a bit of a limbo between us struggling for a squad and for any attacking options and in a couple of games time (maximum) when we are struggling to pick a team/squad for the opposite reason with Brereton, Pickering, Dolan, Khadra and maybe Gallagher back.

If Khadra has any discomfort, we can't risk him with a hamstring injury, and the Brereton one might be too much of a risk too. If they both miss out though, I can't see who we possibly play on the left of the attack with Hedges on the right. I hope Zeefuik is not shoehorned in there as he is not an attacker, maybe we could put Giles there but we need him at left wing back, there is no one if we have to cope with the absences of Brereton, Khadra, Gallagher, Dolan and the longer term absences of Markanday and Poveda.

Also, not a clue either why people get so wound up by what Mowbray says in the media.

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Diaz. On your other point about Mowbrays comments. Mowbrays biggest fault has always been the bollocks he speaks to the media.  

Not really, his biggest fault is that up until this season results and performances have been crap!

If we were sat 2nd or 3rd in the League every season  I don't suppose anyone would pay that much attention to what he says in the media.

Edit: Anyhow massive chance to open up another mini gap between us and Bournemouth and stick the pressure back onto them again.

Points in the bank always better than games in hand!

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

, I can't see who we possibly play on the left of the attack with Hedges on the right. I hope Zeefuik is not shoehorned in there as he is not an attacker, maybe we could put Giles there but we need him at left wing

Thought Zeefuik looked OK defensively at left back just got a little bit lost further forward at times. Could stick him at left back and let Giles go forward 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Most managers come out with a load of claptrap to the media pre game, I couldn’t give a monkeys when sitting second place, odd that it seems to rile you so much, rigger?

I don't give a shit what other managers say. But yes it does rile me when the Rovers manager misleads the fans. I would prefer it, if he said nothing, and just referred us, to our league position.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bit concerned to see Mowbray is considering not starting BB because he might be tired.

Don't overthink it man, get him in and substitute him after an hour if needed.

I don't see how the travelling would particularly tire Diaz. I bet he didn't travel cattle class.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t care what Mowbray says in a Thursday afternoon presser never mind other mangers.

How is he misleading the fans?

Over his time with the Rovers, I would say that he has mislead the fans with some of his media statements. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

Over his time with the Rovers, I would say that he has mislead the fans with some of his media statements. 

Not sure if what he has said in the past misleads fans as such, just find a lot of what he's said in the past (and in particular last season) extremely disrespectful to the Club and the fans.

I.e. "I don't look at the League table" sounds fine when you're sat in 2nd or 3rd in the table. Don't get carried away and take it one game at a time etc etc.

If you're in the midst of the third worst run in your history as we were in the second half of last season then it's very disrespectful to the Club who pay his wages and the fans.

Anyhow here's to three points Saturday and then he'll be able to say what he wants post match within reason and no-one will care.

If we play badly and lose however then everyone will look at what he says that much more closely and seize on any obvious discrepancies between that and what actually went on out on the pitch.

It's only natural.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, rigger said:

But why do you take his comments so literally? He will be intentionally coy about team selection, transfers etc because other teams will be listening in. If you’re expecting transparency then you’re being naïve.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

But why do you take his comments so literally? He will be intentionally coy about team selection, transfers etc because other teams will be listening in. If you’re expecting transparency then you’re being naïve.

The best way to keep team selections unknown, is to say nothing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Exactly, nain of yir pish Tony, get him straight into the starting 11, already missed two important games. 

I'm hoping this is just a little bit of mind games in action. He arrived back in England on Thurs morning from what I understand. Game is sat evening. Get him straight in that team. There is no one else anyway cos you didn't sign a striker on Monday!

• Like 3

Brereton will rest thursday and friday and then play on saturdáy... he's young athletic and will be fine.

Kaminski

Lenihan, Van Hecke, Wharton

Nyambe, Rothwell, Travis, Giles

Khadra, Buckley, Brereton

If Khadra's not fit then its probably a place for Hedges for a start or Rankin-Costello.

• Like 5

How is it that scumbag Lockyer has escaped retrospective punishment for his elbow on Gallagher? The guy’s been coughing up blood and now missing the Swansea game.

Outside a football pitch that would be considered assault. Given our injury problems already I’m absolutely furious at this.

• Like 6