BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

4 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

I'm hoping this is just a little bit of mind games in action. He arrived back in England on Thurs morning from what I understand. Game is sat evening. Get him straight in that team. There is no one else anyway cos you didn't sign a striker on Monday!

Correct ...

BBD  returned  very late on a Friday for our game against Coventry earlier in the season  and was completely ruled out of the game only to appear as a substitute to everyones surprise ?

Take what TM says with a pinch of salt ..

24 minutes ago, Miker said:

How is it that scumbag Lockyer has escaped retrospective punishment for his elbow on Gallagher? The guy’s been coughing up blood and now missing the Swansea game.

Outside a football pitch that would be considered assault. Given our injury problems already I’m absolutely furious at this.

A pal of mine played semi pro for Netherfield and later Great Harwood. He had his cheek bone fractured in a similar incident with a well known thug of a player. He was a joiner and he was off work quite a while. He was one of the first players to take his assailant to court and he won the case.

• Like 5

Can Hedges not play a role up front, scored some nice goals, good finishes on his highlight reel. 

Need to teach Buckley how to shoot so we can add him as a goal threat.

Top priority has to be a clean sheet.  Hope to nick one, a la Middlesborough

• Like 1

4 hours ago, USABlue said:

Can Hedges not play a role up front, scored some nice goals, good finishes on his highlight reel. 

Need to teach Buckley how to shoot so we can add him as a goal threat.

Top priority has to be a clean sheet.  Hope to nick one, a la Middlesborough

Pretty sure he’ll play as a wide forward as we haven’t really played with anyone up front since we changed to 3 at the back.

Buckley & Dack will rotate in the false 9 position centrally and Hedges, BBD, Khadra, Dolan and Gally will fight out for the two wide forwards positions. Poveda will hopefully supplement them from April and Markanday joins that pack from next season. 

• Like 3

Kaminski

Lenihan.  JPvH.   Wharton

Nyambe  Travis    Rothwell.    Giles

Hedges.    Buckley.   Brereton

Subs - Pears, Ayala, Zeefuik, Johnson, Davenport, Khadra.

I don’t think Khadra will start because he hasn’t really trained. He’d be a good player to bring on for BBD at 70 mins.

If they decide BBD isn’t fit to start I think they might put Zeefuik at LWB and play Giles as the left wide forward.

Looking forward to the game. Would love to see a return to form and 0-3

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m about disappointed we didn’t make more out of the fact two of our players were fouled out of tomorrow’s game by that pub team at Luton.

Don’t necessarily disagree but think Edun has struggled at LWB since Pickering’s injury so looking forward to see what Giles can do.

17 hours ago, Miker said:

How is it that scumbag Lockyer has escaped retrospective punishment for his elbow on Gallagher? The guy’s been coughing up blood and now missing the Swansea game.

Outside a football pitch that would be considered assault. Given our injury problems already I’m absolutely furious at this.

It was absolutely disgusting. What I find amazing is that he received a booking. I could understand it if nothing was given as it was off the ball and every chance the officials could have missed it. 

But once it was seen it was a straight red and an automatic 3 game ban. I don't want the manager to be coming out every game and using officials as an excuse. But when one of our players has been assaulted I'd expect a little more to be made of it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

It was absolutely disgusting. What I find amazing is that he received a booking. I could understand it if nothing was given as it was off the ball and every chance the officials could have missed it. 

But once it was seen it was a straight red and an automatic 3 game ban. I don't want the manager to be coming out every game and using officials as an excuse. But when one of our players has been assaulted I'd expect a little more to be made of it.

Me too. I liked a bit of rough and tumble as a player but not when the ball was 40 yards away. 

• Like 2

This has been discussed but the problem with letting all the reserve forwards go, especially, Butterworth, is that there's a risk of rushing players back early from injury to fill gaps or playing makeshifts up front. We play with such intensity expected of players, I'd be concerned about Dolan or Khadra damaging their hamstrings further if they play. And I don't want to see Zeefuik  upfront, though, perhaps, JRC might do a job as wing forward, if fit and called upon.

Despite Butterworth's lack of form, shown in his last appearance, in prior games, he had, at times, made an impact. I recall an assist he had after a strong run down the flank and, also, in the same game, almost scoring with a long-range strike. He then lost his place on the bench and then came back to play against Luton.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 3

It's a tough one with Butterworth as he looks to have something about him but yet at times he's not really applied himself well enough when hes come on. Wears the look of someone who thinks he should be starting i think his comments have backed it up.

Really needs games though so hopefully he pulls his finger out at Fleetwood as i still think he can have a future here.

• Like 6

Jack Vale has just scored 6 in two games for the U23s. We’ve just signed Markanday based on his performances at the same level. If we really do have nobody up top we could do worse than having Vale on the bench tomorrow (although I’m guessing it’s doubtful after him playing tonight). Welsh lad as well so I’m sure he’d be keen to play the wrong side of the border tomorrow.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, riverholmes said:

This has been discussed but the problem with letting all the reserve forwards go, especially, Butterworth, is that there's a risk of rushing players back early from injury to fill gaps or playing makeshifts up front. We play with such intensity expected of players, I'd be concerned about Dolan or Khadra damaging their hamstrings further if they play. And I don't want to see Zeefuik  upfront, though, perhaps, JRC might do a job as wing forward, if fit and called upon.

Despite Butterworth's lack of form, shown in his last appearance, in prior games, he had, at times, made an impact. I recall an assist he had after a strong run down the flank and, also, in the same game, almost scoring with a long-range strike. He then lost his place on the bench and then came back to play against Luton.

We haven't let all the reserve forwards go. We have Vale, who has just notched 6 goals in 2 games, something none of the lads we have loaned out have achieved.

Soon, our options in that area will be BBD, Khadra, Hedges, Dolan, Gallagher, Vale. 6 players for 2 spots. With Poveda to also be available later in the season, most likely.

• Like 1

I'm a bit bemused that the bookies (Coral anyway) seem to have Swansea as firm favourites for this one. 2.5 for the win, we're 3.1 (draw is 3.1 too).

I get that they're at home, but we are 2nd, they're 19th. Our form over the last 5 games is also better (8 points to their 5). We have players available who weren't before (Giles, Hedges, and probably BBD). They've lost their last 2 games.

I fail to see how any of this makes them favourites with the bookmakers. Another confusing set of odds on Coral, Zeefuik scoring is about the same odds as Khadra to score. Admittedly Khadra may be absent (probably the only way Zeefuik might play up front) but Zeefuik has 3 career goals in about 170 appearances. Khadra has 3 in 18 appearances.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm a bit bemused that the bookies (Coral anyway) seem to have Swansea as firm favourites for this one. 2.5 for the win, we're 3.1 (draw is 3.1 too).

I get that they're at home, but we are 2nd, they're 19th. Our form over the last 5 games is also better (8 points to their 5). We have players available who weren't before (Giles, Hedges, and probably BBD). They've lost their last 2 games.

I fail to see how any of this makes them favourites with the bookmakers. Another confusing set of odds on Coral, Zeefuik scoring is about the same odds as Khadra to score. Admittedly Khadra may be absent (probably the only way Zeefuik might play up front) but Zeefuik has 3 career goals in about 170 appearances. Khadra has 3 in 18 appearances.

Bookies look at allsorts of factors, including our record recently at Swansea and will also factor in uncertainty over our starting 11. We were huge odds last weekend too for these reasons, we also haven't scored a goal in our last 2 away outings.

They've probably also heard Mercerman is filling his boots 🙄

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Still gutted I’m missing this one after the kick off time was changed. Would mean an overnight stay which I wouldn’t get away with lol.

Give me a wave as you’re driving through beautiful Herefordshire 😄 

Lunch in Symonds Yat for us lads en route.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Zeefuik was 33/1 to score first last time out. Loads of people backed him when they saw where he was playing and his odds rapidly shortened.  

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Nine clean sheets in our last 11… I never thought I’d be saying that 😅

Seriously, that’s where this game will be won. Our defending has been amazing. They aren’t perfect, but they are talented, & confident. 

It's a fine stat fir sure, but as much if not more so than talented & confident, they're brave & committed. It's great to see!

• Like 2