BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

Oh ye of little faith (puts head in one's hands at the thought)

Tony, all we have to do is do what we did game in game out, from being embarrassingly thumped by Fulham until an inept display against Hull.

Revert to what bloody works generally: 2 banks of 3 (we know who), fill the rest with the plethora of talent at your disposal. Get on the front foot, front 3 harassing and chasing down, creating mistakes, wing backs giving energy, cover and width, tucking inside when necessary.

If it doesn't work, then revert to 'plan B', crosses in to a 'big lump' up top. Swansea was ridiculous.... crosses galore, all sweet as a nut, from Ryan Giles but Alan Shearer left in 1996....he'd have filled his boots!

Fed up (Swansea was an awful trip in more ways than one), not really I guess, we're still second but need to pull our collective fingers out in order to stay there!

• Like 1

Tough game and one where anything but a win will make a genuine top 2 push seem all the further away with other teams gathering games in hand.

Hopefully we have a few more players available, I think the main decision is who to partner Brereton with, Khadra had been poor for a few games prior to injury, Hedges had a fairly quiet debut and Gallagher has his faults although if fit may benefit from Giles more than most.

Buckley is not in the best form either and if Gallagher is available, then maybe having Hedges in that false 9 role would be worth a go, with it being critical to act as a third midfielder at times which Hedges could do whilst also offering a bigger goal threat. 

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

Nyambe Travis Rothwell Giles

Gallagher Hedges Brereton

Subs: Pears, Ayala, Zeefuik, Davenport, Johnson, Khadra, Buckley

If Gallagher doesn't make it, then put Buckley in and move Hedges to the right.

Johnson and Spence will be a big danger down their right/our left.

• Like 1

After the atmosphere and performance from today i'm hoping Forest struggle to get up for the league game on Wed,hopefully its an after the Lord mayors show game for them.Get BBD in from the start and get Giles to ping the crosses at him and it'll be 2-0 to us.

Hopefully it's a case of after the Lord Mayors show for them and they find our defense far less generous.

As for us i fear the tombola is back on the scene and there'll be a host of changes again that just won't click but we'll see.

Rovers 1   Forest  1

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

watching the bournemouth game,it appears parker has contracted mowbrayitis,loads of changes which ar`nt working and lots of passes and crosses that are going nowhere

If only it was a league game.

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

After the atmosphere and performance from today i'm hoping Forest struggle to get up for the league game on Wed,hopefully its an after the Lord mayors show game for them.Get BBD in from the start and get Giles to ping the crosses at him and it'll be 2-0 to us.

I would treat them with respect, forest are one of the improving teams in the championship. Rovers need turn up Wednesday.

• Like 6

Cooper is an excellent coach and Forest lucky to get him - think they must be absolutely puddled in Swansea!

Think Wednesday for Forest will be a bit like 'after the Lord Mayor's show'!

You can get Rovers' win at 6/4 which I think is fantastic value.

Giles is going to be huge for Rovers and I see him creating at least two goals for a 'rested' BB on Wednesday.

Gone big on Rovers' win and also stuck a £fiver on 3-1 at 24/1.

Lost on Saturday but Rovers really coined it in for me in recent times. 

Edited by Mercer

Spence at right wing back is in the Jones at Boro mould in being skilful and fast. Edun came to terms with Jones eventually and Giles will have to do so for this one, if he plays. I don't know if Giles has pace but he'll need it to keep Spence quiet. If he does, he'll have done better than the Leicester and Arsenal defenders. Only problem, then, is that Zinckernagel and Johnson are skilful runners too and in form.

We know we can rattle teams with fierce press and runners, when our's are fit. I think Buckley is being targeted by other teams and Mowbray needs to think about giving him more support in that area, or, shifting his role a little so not everything has to go through him. My guess, which could well be wildly wrong, is that Buckley in No.10 role will have diminishing returns in the current set-up. He's really a CM.

Edit: If Gallagher and Dolan aren't ready, I think Vale has to be on the bench. It makes more sense to have an in-form young forward come on than full backs trying to play up front.

Edited by riverholmes

If Diaz turns up and if the rest realise that a goal is scored by kicking or heading the ball into the Forest net then at Ewood we can prevail.

Just do not expose ZeeF at LB or LWB to Spence or he and us will be well screwed.

Someone in our midfield will also be required to do a number on Garner because he will do on them.

Finally when Giles is putting 50+ crosses in it is rather a good idea to have someone in the centre who is at least brave enough to head the ball and has some idea of  where the goal if.

I hope not to see our lot losing possession easily and jumping out of tackles.

I also hope not to see JRC, vastly overrated shirt waster.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dallydally said:

Watching Forest destroy Leicester in the FA Cup. If they play like this on Wednesday we will be in deep trouble!

I think I'd rather we were playing Leicester on Wednesday, they were awful. If Forest are half as fired up as yesterday it is going to be a very difficult game. 

Fingers crossed ....

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Tough game and one where anything but a win will make a genuine top 2 push seem all the further away with other teams gathering games in hand.

Hopefully we have a few more players available, I think the main decision is who to partner Brereton with, Khadra had been poor for a few games prior to injury, Hedges had a fairly quiet debut and Gallagher has his faults although if fit may benefit from Giles more than most.

Buckley is not in the best form either and if Gallagher is available, then maybe having Hedges in that false 9 role would be worth a go, with it being critical to act as a third midfielder at times which Hedges could do whilst also offering a bigger goal threat. 

Kaminski

Gallagher Hedges Brereton

Subs: Pears, Ayala, Zeefuik, Davenport, Johnson, Khadra, Buckley

If Gallagher doesn't make it, then put Buckley in and move Hedges to the right.

Johnson and Spence will be a big danger down their right/our left.

I would broadly agree with that team. Buckley is one of our best players but looks like he needs a rest. Also could be used from the bench quite effectively either in midfield or false 9. 

Only change I would make is to start Khadra as he has goals and Forest are likely to give us lots of space in behind which will suit him. Also think Gallagher is better through the middle.

So :

Kaminski

Khadra Gallagher Brereton

Subs: Pears, Ayala, Zeefuik, Davenport, Johnson, Hedges, Buckley

• Like 1

Such a shame we've had a slip up because Bournemouth will be in panic stations. Poor league form coupled with the FA Cup loss to a non-league side. Take the lead and we'll win the game, concede first and I think it could be another February loss.

A win in this one is massively important. Not just to keep Forest at a good distance but also to immediately bounce back from defeat as we did with Middlesbrough the other week.

Concerning signs creeping in particularly away from home where we seem to be losing our effectiveness and the goals have dried up. We need to get back on track

A quick look at the fixtures this week suggests an opportunity. QPR play Middlesbrough and West Brom head to Sheff United. Two tough games for those sides and points being dropped along the way. We need to capitalise.

I think 10 of the 11 pick themselves:

.                            Kaminski

Lenihan    Van Hecke   Wharton

Nyambe                                                  Giles

Travis                Rothwell

Buckley

????????????          Brereton

If Gallagher is fit, I’d go with him. Coming off the right he should be getting on the end of Giles’s deliveries. 

No need to disrupt a successful formula unless necessary. It would be harsh to drop Buckley off the back of an admittedly poor performance on Saturday.

No need for Johnson and Davenport both to be on the bench, I’d have Vale or Dack (or both) amongst the subs instead.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dallydally said:

Watching Forest destroy Leicester in the FA Cup. If they play like this on Wednesday we will be in deep trouble!

Why turn up if you've no faith in Blackburn Rovers. Another game or two we will see the best of the new signings and BBD back from international duty. We can beat Forest if we give it 100%.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I think 10 of the 11 pick themselves:

.                            Kaminski

Lenihan    Van Hecke   Wharton

Nyambe                                                  Giles

Travis                Rothwell

Buckley

????????????          Brereton

If Gallagher is fit, I’d go with him. Coming off the right he should be getting on the end of Giles’s deliveries. 

No need to disrupt a successful formula unless necessary. It would be harsh to drop Buckley off the back of an admittedly poor performance on Saturday.

No need for Johnson and Davenport both to be on the bench, I’d have Vale or Dack (or both) amongst the subs instead.

10 of that 11 should have picked themselves in those positions on Saturday.  But Mowbray shuffled 4 positions. He should have started the two forwards who he later brought on. 

• Like 1