2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I think 10 of the 11 pick themselves:

.                            Kaminski

Lenihan    Van Hecke   Wharton

Nyambe                                                  Giles

Travis                Rothwell

Buckley

????????????          Brereton

If Gallagher is fit, I’d go with him. Coming off the right he should be getting on the end of Giles’s deliveries. 

No need to disrupt a successful formula unless necessary. It would be harsh to drop Buckley off the back of an admittedly poor performance on Saturday.

No need for Johnson and Davenport both to be on the bench, I’d have Vale or Dack (or both) amongst the subs instead.

Has to be Khadra surely. He frightens teams and is perfect for our counter-attacking.

I think edge this one 1-0 akin to the 'Boro game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Very tough game, after the loss at Swansea it’s important to win this game. Lose and our hopes of second spot are over, win and it is all back on

I agree, except with your statement about if we lose, then our hopes of second spot are over. It would be hard, but not impossible.

9 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Buckley

If Gallagher is fit, I’d go with him. Coming off the right he should be getting on the end of Giles’s deliveries. 

No need to disrupt a successful formula unless necessary. It would be harsh to drop Buckley off the back of an admittedly poor performance on Saturday.

No need for Johnson and Davenport both to be on the bench, I’d have Vale or Dack (or both) amongst the subs instead.

Got to be Khadra upfront. Back to what's got us where we are now.

It is a concern that now we have such a weapon in Giles delivery, Mowbray will opt to use it all the time.

Back to what was working. Gallagher to sub on and start trying to get on the end of crosses as option B.

Tough, tough game now and it's a tipping point that we are either on a standard Mowbray death spiral or to show some resilience, which we will really need of we have any promotion aspirations, and get back to putting points on the board.

QPR and Bournemouth with 2 games in hand, we need the 3 points but I can't see it. 

1-1 I think.

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, I’m not sure about Khadra, he’s really quick but his decision making isn’t all it should be.

i think thats why he`s here and not in brightons first team,,he`d be very dangerous indeed if his mind worked as quick as his legs,still a valuable asset though,pace is a defenders worst nightmare,we need to start getting back to what started this winning run,direct play using diaz,khadra,dolan and rothwell( who should always be further up the pitch),lock mowbray in a cupboard if you have to so he can`t tinker,after watching the the hull and swansea games  i think the biggest handicap we have is the bloody manager,stop ****** around with the team shape,like for like replacements are allowed

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think thats why he`s here and not in brightons first team,,he`d be very dangerous indeed if his mind worked as quick as his legs,still a valuable asset though,pace is a defenders worst nightmare,we need to start getting back to what started this winning run,direct play using diaz,khadra,dolan and rothwell( who should always be further up the pitch),lock mowbray in a cupboard if you have to so he can`t tinker,after watching the the hull and swansea games  i think the biggest handicap we have is the bloody manager,stop ****** around with the team shape,like for like replacements are allowed

Rothwell has played deeper all season. And like for like replacements simply werent at full fitness at the weekend nor at Luton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Rothwell has played deeper all season. And like for like replacements simply werent at full fitness at the weekend nor at Luton.

Giles at left wing-back. If Diaz and Khadra were not fully fit, they shouldn't be on the bench. As they where deemed fit enough for the bench, they really should have been starting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

Giles at left wing-back. If Diaz and Khadra were not fully fit, they shouldn't be on the bench. As they where deemed fit enough for the bench, they really should have been starting.

What nonsense rigger....

Have you ever travelled 14,000 miles in 7 days and played football at altitude? You're at the top of your game, you're fit for the bench but not to play a full 90 minutes.

Dack will get a place on the bench shortly, great impact player, but wont be fit enough to play a full 90 minutes.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gav said:

What nonsense rigger....

Have you ever travelled 14,000 miles in 7 days and played football at altitude? You're at the top of your game, you're fit for the bench but not to play a full 90 minutes.

Dack will get a place on the bench shortly, great impact player, but wont be fit enough to play a full 90 minutes.

Still doesn't excuse the fact he could have given Brereton and Khadra one half each. Instead he opted to play 60 minutes with no strikers and we gave the epitome of being the better team playing with no strikers. Crucial points tinkered away.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Still doesn't excuse the fact he could have given Brereton and Khadra one half each. Instead he opted to play 60 minutes with no strikers and we gave the epitome of being the better team playing with no strikers. Crucial points tinkered away.

Manager knows his players, I'll defer to Mowbray on this one. 

21 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Buckley

Eleven out of eleven pick themselves for me, Khedra not Gallagher.

We've generally picked up good results without Gallagher in the side and poorer ones with him in it. If Mowbray strays from what has served us so well this season he'll get everything he deserves if it goes pear shaped and we as fans have to suffer as a consequence for him thinking he can be clever and shuffle it about.

11 hours ago, Gav said:

What nonsense rigger....

.......But if Mowbray had started BB (as he should have done) no doubt you'd have been fully supportive of that decision as well.

16 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Very tough game, after the loss at Swansea it’s important to win this game. Lose and our hopes of second spot are over, win and it is all back on

Average points required to finish second over last 10 years is 87.7 points. We are on 53 pts now, with 16 games to play. To hit 87.7 points we need 35 points - an average of 2.2 points a game. Or to put it another way : 12 wins from 16, or 10 wins and 5 draws from 16. To me seems a very challenging total even if we win at Forest. 

Bournemouth and QPR have 2 games in hand so looks a bit better for them. Around 2 pts per game.

That said this year given all the top teams except Fulham are dropping points left, right and centre the target total for second is likely to be lower than 87 pts. The lowest total for second in the last 10 years was 79 points. That would give us a target of 26 points from 16 games which feels much more achievable -  1.6 points a game, or 8 wins and 2 draws from 16.

I suppose when you boil it down it all comes down to whether a team can put together a really good run and put the pressure on everyone else. Hopefully that will be us again.

31 minutes ago, TonyM said:

Got a feeling Dack will be on the bench tomorrow night ....more as a morale booster than a serious option. 

Sure I read that he needed 3 U23 matches before he could play for the first team (believe he's made 2), but may have just been some Mowbray waffle!

I have a feeling we'll win tomorrow night. Forest put in one hell of a shift on Sunday and we usually pull it out of the bag just when we're expecting defeat:

Rovers 2 Forest 1

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!