BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

13 hours ago, Gav said:

What nonsense rigger....

Have you ever travelled 14,000 miles in 7 days and played football at altitude? You're at the top of your game, you're fit for the bench but not to play a full 90 minutes.

Dack will get a place on the bench shortly, great impact player, but wont be fit enough to play a full 90 minutes.

I hope the pilots don't have the same attitude. Diaz hasn't walked the 14,000 miles, he will have travelled first class, not that tiring. How many minutes does fit for the bench qualify you for. If a striker got injured in the first minute would we bring on Diaz or say someone else will have to go on because Diaz cannot play a full game. I would like to think that Dack wont get a place on the bench until he has played a full 90 for the U23s.

PS. I have travelled a lot further than 14,000 miles in 7 days and still been expected to do a physical job. Not that it has any relevence to the Diaz situation.

Edited by rigger

14 minutes ago, Tabula Rasa said:

QPR and Bournemouth don't actually have two games in hand on us.

Depends how you look at it.

Teams around us play each other a lot in the next few weeks.

Some of those teams have to drop points.

Impossible for our rivals to win them all.

This is exactly what so many people don’t realise. They’re worrying about boro and sheff utd and forest and West Brom and QPR, and Bournemouth etc etc, they’ve all got to play each other, and more importantly fulham, and they can’t all win. 

8 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Could be a huge game for us this, QPR face Boro and Sheff Utd face West Brom on the same night.

For me I would like to see Boro and sheff utd win. But as long as we win, I am not bothered about anyone else.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sure I read that he needed 3 U23 matches before he could play for the first team (believe he's made 2), but may have just been some Mowbray waffle!

The normal plan they follow for players returning from a long term injury is 3 games for the under 23s playing 45, 60 and 90 minutes. Dack still needs a 90 minute game yet on that formula. 

But I guess it’s possible that he might make an exception for Davk.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

The pitch will be in shit tomorrow night

Give over. We have played one home game in more than 5 weeks and there has been plenty of dry weather in that time. There's rain forecast for tonight but it's looking dry all day tomorrow.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rigger said:

I hope the pilots don't have the same attitude. Diaz hasn't walked the 14,000 miles, he will have travelled first class, not that tiring. How many minutes does fit for the bench qualify you for. If a striker got injured in the first minute would we bring on Diaz or say someone else will have to go on because Diaz cannot play a full game. I would like to think that Dack wont get a place on the bench until he has played a full 90 for the U23s.

PS. I have travelled a lot further than 14,000 miles in 7 days and still been expected to do a physical job. Not that it has any relevence to the Diaz situation.

Goodness me, are you really comparing professional footballers to pilots? First class doesn't help you recover from running your socks off in La Paz 3.500mtrs above sea level.

As I said, I'll defer to Mowbray, he's getting most of the calls right this season. 

38 minutes ago, rigger said:

For me I would like to see Boro and sheff utd win. But as long as we win, I am not bothered about anyone else.

2 draws and a rovers win will do me just fine!

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Goodness me, are you really comparing professional footballers to pilots? First class doesn't help you recover from running your socks off in La Paz 3.500mtrs above sea level.

As I said, I'll defer to Mowbray, he's getting most of the calls right this season. 

No, I am compairing your statement of travelling 14,000 miles in seven days with the person who was sat probably 10 foot further forward. I would say being in first class Diaz probably relaxed or slept most of the time he was travelling, so yes that will help in his recovery from his exertions. So do you think Mowbrays team selection was good against Swansea, I don't. This is a rhetorical question. 

Whilst QPR and Bournemouth have games in hand, it shouldn't worry us too much. They still have to squeeze in the extra fixtures and get points from them, which isn't at all a guarantee.

I took note of the fact that both of them have somewhat difficult fixtures in April, right near the finishing line where they'll be pushing for points... hopefully they fold under the pressure, whilst we have something of an 'easier' run to end the season (for the most part).

If we can manage a couple of wins and a couple of draws from now until we play Fulham in early March i'll be pleased, since after that you'd fully expect us to win the majority of our remaining games.

I don't think QPR will beat 'boro tomorrow, hopefully Birmingham can grind a result at Bournemouth... and we'll beat Forest, 2-0!

Edited by TheRevAshton

50 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The normal plan they follow for players returning from a long term injury is 3 games for the under 23s playing 45, 60 and 90 minutes. Dack still needs a 90 minute game yet on that formula. 

But I guess it’s possible that he might make an exception for Davk.

It was dry prior to an hour before the Huddersfield game, it rained heavy for half hour pre match and the pitch was in shocking condition

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Manager knows his players, I'll defer to Mowbray on this one. 

If you believe Mowbray knows that a player can last 34 minutes but would not be able to last 46 minutes then fair play.

Maybe if La Paz was 300m lower, or the flight was only 12 hours instead of 14 hours they could have squeezed that extra 12 minutes out of them.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Anyway back in good old Blighty, we should have hammered Swansea, if only we'd taken the numerous chances that fell our way.....

We don't lose many at home, I'm going for a 2-0 Rovers win, get us back on track.

On 07/02/2022 at 11:01, JoeH said:

Such a shame we've had a slip up because Bournemouth will be in panic stations. Poor league form coupled with the FA Cup loss to a non-league side. Take the lead and we'll win the game, concede first and I think it could be another February loss.

It's not Bournemouth i am worried about, Q.P.R have games in hand and Huddersfield are in a healthy position. Great to hear Dolans not far off returning, he gives the team a bit more pace.

They won't rush Dack this time TM isn't worried about his job and to be honest there is no need to. We have more than enough options now to get some wins if they are used correctly.

The thing that might cost us is the 'wide strikers' policy when there is no one in the box to put things away. The winger is dead and it seems the center forward is as well now. 

On 06/02/2022 at 17:24, dallydally said:

Watching Forest destroy Leicester in the FA Cup. If they play like this on Wednesday we will be in deep trouble!

Forest have beat 3 lower half of the championship table teams before losing to cardiff. I think they were 200% up for it in the local derby cup tie against leicster. Rovers have beaten the same teams earlier in the season, not forgetting cardiff twice.