BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

1 hour ago, Geoff66 said:

It's not Bournemouth i am worried about, Q.P.R have games in hand and Huddersfield are in a healthy position. Great to hear Dolans not far off returning, he gives the team a bit more pace.

Points on the board > games in hand. We know that better than most teams at this level. I remember a couple of seasons ago, we were 3 points off the top 6, 2 games in hand against Stoke and Wigan at home, drew both 0-0 and lost Dack for a year.

Edited by Mellor Rover

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Interesting, when he asked about upper or lower tier, you obviously stated that it could be either. He's posted an edit that say's they're in the Upper tier. Haven't all away fans been in the lower tier this season? I can't think of any that have been shoved upstairs.

Personally, I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference to the players, but I always think it generates a better atmosphere when they're in the lower tier.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its probably better to play them at the end when the league has taken more shape and many of those opponents may have nothing to play for, including Fulham.

Not for me, not a single team on that will have nothing to play for when they play them, other than possibly Millwall. The rest will all still be in and around (not mathematically out of) the playoff race.

According to the BBC, Forest played with four at the back in their defeat against Cardiff at the end of January. Cardiff gave them 60% possession but managed to win 2-1. Against Leicester, Cooper brought the on-loan Villa forward, Keinan Davis back in and from the looks of things, did "a Mowbray" playing three forwards, with their 'target man' Keinan Davis out wide left, Zinckernagel through the middle and Johnson on the right. 

So, it looks like it will be like for like tomorrow, in terms of formation, almost exactly.

With all the rain recently i dread to think what the pitch is going to be like by the end of the game tomorrow,probably going to ruin the pitch for the rest of the season.I know it's a non league team but Chorley's game tonight has just been postponed showing how much it's been raining the last few days.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Somewhat amazed to learn we have the best home record in the division, better than even Fulham. Time for our goal shy midfielders to step up; 4 goals from Buckley, Rothwell and Travis is pathetic (a thought brought on by Super-Atko being Rovers goal of the day on Instagram).

Bucko is a bit too greedy but he should create or score a few more although he is still raw yet.

Rothwell is played too deep and only has the odd foray forwards rarely getting near the box. Saturday was the perfect chance to move him forwards but no he got moved even further back. Naive stuff.

Travis well he does his job well further back every game so it's not really his job but maybe he should be taking the set pieces instead of young Mr It's all about me Buckley !

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Bucko is a bit too greedy but he should create or score a few more although he is still raw yet.

Rothwell is played too deep and only has the odd foray forwards rarely getting near the box. Saturday was the perfect chance to move him forwards but no he got moved even further back. Naive stuff.

Travis well he does his job well further back every game so it's not really his job but maybe he should be taking the set pieces instead of young Mr It's all about me Buckley !

Rothwell has had by far his most productive season from a deeper role. And Buckley rarely if ever takes set pieces.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Rothwell has had by far his most productive season from a deeper role. And Buckley rarely if ever takes set pieces.

In response to the point about scoring goals he hasn't been productive in the team sense even if personally hes contributed more.

As for Buckley 'if ever' taking set pieces i'm confident that's bollocks.

Just now, tomphil said:

In response to the point about scoring goals he hasn't been productive in the team sense even if personally hes contributed more.

As for Buckley 'if ever' taking set pieces i'm confident that's bollocks.

I don't think that Rothwell has ever suggested in his career that he is likely to become a regular goalscorer. His goal record is not really hindered this season by the move and if anything he has been more likely to assist someone else.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think that Rothwell has ever suggested in his career that he is likely to become a regular goalscorer. His goal record is not really hindered this season by the move and if anything he has been more likely to assist someone else.

Yes he's played really well in his new role that's why clubs were after him but in response to Exiled Rovers point, about him not getting enough goals, well it's unlikely he will from that position. Apart from Saturday when i think he should've been moved forwards there can't be any complaints about his position this season.

I'd suggest thought that if he was in a more forward central role he'd bag a few more but that wouldn't fit this seasons system. There isn't a lot to compare him to previously because he's been in and out i different positions. Nice to see a player make a role their own finally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Yes, but they are all crap at shooting. Rothwell hits one like vs Cardiff once a year, Bucko was lucky to get his one and Travis never pulls the trigger.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Yes he's played really well in his new role that's why clubs were after him but in response to Exiled Rovers point, about him not getting enough goals, well it's unlikely he will from that position. Apart from Saturday when i think he should've been moved forwards there can't be any complaints about his position this season.

I'd suggest thought that if he was in a more forward central role he'd bag a few more but that wouldn't fit this seasons system. There isn't a lot to compare him to previously because he's been in and out i different positions. Nice to see a player make a role their own finally.

I assume JR & TM will learn from Saturday, and he will make more bursting runs into their box, and not worry about leaving a hole behind him, he has Trav and our 3 colossuses (colossi?) to cover him. 

What's been missing since December is our composure in the final 3rd. 

I can't see any light at the end of that tunnel unless, and until, Khadra and BBD rediscover their blistering form. For the last 2 seasons, BB has played in 'streaks', good and bad, and the evidence of the last month shows this may be continuing, albeit he had a half-season brilliant streak. 

Both players effectively stopped playing at half time in the Huddersfield game, and like it or not, it's up to TM to help them to regain their sparkling form. 

I'm usually buzzing and optimistic before a home game, especially this season, but I'm struggling to see how and why tomorrow will be any different than the last 7 or 8 games. 

I can see, however, a repeat of the Middlesbro game, which I'll gleefully take. 

I think TM will have to reign in his desperation to play Zeefuik if we're to get anything out of the game. It's that simple, to everyone except our Tone. 

I'm apprehensively looking forward to it. The team picks itself, injuries and tinkerman permitting. 

COYB.

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 3

It's quite simple for me, if we're as wasteful as we were last weekend we'll most probably lose. I'd we pull out fingers out, combined with home advantage, we'll win. Saturday was poor, but no way we deserved to lose, we won't go many more games this season missing so many sitters. We need to come out the blocks fast tomorrow and hopefully bang an earlyish goal in, otherwise I think nerves will grow as the game goes on. 2-1 home win 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

It's quite simple for me, if we're as wasteful as we were last weekend we'll most probably lose. I'd we pull out fingers out, combined with home advantage, we'll win. Saturday was poor, but no way we deserved to lose, we won't go many more games this season missing so many sitters. We need to come out the blocks fast tomorrow and hopefully bang an earlyish goal in, otherwise I think nerves will grow as the game goes on. 2-1 home win 

When we come out flying we usually do well. If we come out with a lethargic and lackadaisical attitude we usually lose. I can normally tell after 10 minutes how the game will go. When we’re taking the ball stood still from the off I know it’s going to be a long night.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Somewhat amazed to learn we have the best home record in the division, better than even Fulham. Time for our goal shy midfielders to step up; 4 goals from Buckley, Rothwell and Travis is pathetic (a thought brought on by Super-Atko being Rovers goal of the day on Instagram).

Certainly can’t plan on the chances falling to center halves. Buckley should have a 5-8 by now. Travis needs to pitch in and our wing backs should too. It’s can’t all be on Diaz and Khadra all the time. 

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t like the fixture but then I felt the same about boro. Our lads just seem off it just now and against in form forest it’s maybe not the night to correct it. Hope I’m wrong 

Not sure they fully deserve to be labelled in form forest. They've won 3 and lost 3 of their last 6 league games. Granted they played well in the cup game but so did the likes or Boreham Wood, totally different. 

We need to make the fans believe again and there's no better place than Ewood under the lights for that..  

• Like 3

Really hope we get a decent turn out tonight and we are vocal. BBE looks on its way to being near full. 

Really think we should have done some kind of midweek ticket incentive to get the ground bouncing. £20 for a match ticket is a snip anyway IMO but a few extra thousand could really help propel is on.

• Like 1

Even discounted midweek games are a tough sell with red button (and main channel coverage increasingly for us at the moment), plus all the other ‘life’ stuff that gets in the way for folk for work/school nights.

It is the weekend games we really need to push… so a cracking offer for Millwall please, Waggott.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Midweek games come along on the tv and in Blackburn where most people are permanently skint they tend to keep their powder dry for another day. Just the way it is and always has been so even 20 quid tickets don't have the desired effect, adding in quid a kid or something might help. Or some kind of voucher towards a more expensive ticket later in the season, or is that thinking too far out the box for our men in suits ?

What doesn't help in the ground is the amount of ST holders who swerve these as well leaving gaps in the usually more populated areas.

Still it doesn't really matter as long as whoever is in there gets behind the lads from the off. The busier the JW has got this season the more like a library it has become it's genuinely bizarre. Half the people don't even clap the team on, wtf is in the beer in that stand ?  Or do people just not drink enough of it ?

Seen a lot of comments online about how great Forest have been and how tough it is going to be so to bring some balance to things:

Last 7 away league games they have Won 2 against Swansea and Millwall, Drawn 3 against Reading, West Brom and QPR and lost 2 against Middlesbrough and Cardiff last time out.

It won't be easy but with the best home record in the league we have to be going into every game at Ewood expecting to win as this will reduce the pressure on our faltering away form.

• Like 3