BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn lads who played for rovers

35 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

You were a few years ahead of me.

There were two lads from Leeds tipped for big things who would have been about your age. They both went to Auxerre in France.

They must be. I played against Kilbane regularly and never walked off the pitch thinking that that he was special. 

Played against John Mullin a few times...he played for Junior Clarets as a young lad...had a decent career

Can't think who the Leeds lads would have been

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Played against John Mullin a few times...he played for Junior Clarets as a young lad...had a decent career

Can't think who the Leeds lads would have been

Kevin Sharp and Jamie Forrester; 90 Minutes - Kevin Sharp

It may have sent you down the wrong path with Leeds. 

I do remember that it was a big deal that they went to Auxerre. 

26 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Kevin Sharp and Jamie Forrester; 90 Minutes - Kevin Sharp

It may have sent you down the wrong path with Leeds. 

I do remember that it was a big deal that they went to Auxerre. 

Interesting.  A lad I played with at Rovers and junior club as a youth is now the chief recruitment chap at Newcastle, he signed the papers with Guimares last week....👍 stevie nickson....  stevie's dad was and still could be a house parent down at Brockhall...looking after the u18s 

Edited by Sparks Rover

On 18/02/2022 at 20:25, broadsword said:

Mark Brennan, I remember him. Big hair, played for Ipswich, born in rossendale I think. 

That reminds me, went to Ipswich in 93 I think it. Was. Every time Ian Marshall touched the ball "you're just a new age traveller, be age traveller" 

I've never heard Mark described as having 'big hair' before ha ha. Yeah he was from Rossendale/Haslingden way I think. He was a very cultured player and my brother played in the same town and county team as him. I played in the same school team as him for a year (St Marys College) but only because he was that good he was playing in the team two years above his own.

• Like 1