BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 26/2/22

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

We played 4-4-2 for less than half of ONE match, of a match we lost, and you think we can just switch back to it? 

we actually played for majority of the Blackpool match. 

the players are more than capable of doing so. 

But if you actually look at the team and formation I selected I went 4-3-3

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we actually played for majority of the Blackpool match. 

the players are more than capable of doing so. 

But if you actually look at the team and formation I selected I went 4-3-3

You can't switch to a formation you've played for 45 mins this season after one days training Chaddy.

Anyway, your 4-3-3 is a better shout, or we move Buckley back to his preferred position in CM and play a three with two central strikers. Just as forest did against us.

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

You can't switch to a formation you've played for 45 mins this season after one days training Chaddy.

Anyway, your 4-3-3 is a better shout, or we move Buckley back to his preferred position in CM and play a three with two central strikers. Just as forest did against us.

we have agree to disagree on the first bit. 

I think we need 3 attackers on the pitch and need to play more attacking and on the front foot similar to the Cardiff and Swansea games

• Like 1

I would be really wary of moving away from the back 3 which even recently has not been leaking goals. We don't have that good an attack in the absence of our 2 primary goal threats, to try and overcompensate for that at the expense of defensive stability is a big risk.

We definitely do need to change things, Hedges needs to start, Buckley needs dropping and Gallagher too. But I would probably keep the back 3.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not sure what I would do for this game tbh given how QPR play but I do think we need to be more attacking and we need 3 attackers on the pitch for. I would be even tempt to go 4-4-2. But we need to press the ball more and play on the front foot. 

Kaminski

Nyambe  Lenihan  Wharton  Pickering

Rothwell  Travis  Giles 

Hedges  Dolan  Gallagher

Subs:- Pears ,Van Hecke, Johnson, Khadra, Vale Buckley, JRC 

Would be very harsh on dropping Van Hecke but I want to play 4 at the back and was tempt to drop Nyambe but kept faith with him

I know he missed the penalty, but Khadra was far more effective than Gallagher. He won the penalty after a mazy run, he nearly scored with a curling shot at the end, he put in a ball at the start of the second half that was dying for a striker to tap in, (Gallagher was nowhere near) he hit a decent free kick in the first half, he got someone sent off and he got to the byline a couple of times, once with a very good cut back that Buckley got in Rothwells way for. What did Gallagher do bar win 2 free kicks miles out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoverCanada said:

It'll be my first Ewood Park game 🙂

(Glad I changed my original plan to go last weekend!)

I hope you enjoy the day and a win.

Let us know if the hairs on the back of your neck stand up as you see the pitch for the first time.

Mine did, almost 60 years ago - we won 7-2

• Like 2

I would go with;                                                                   KAMINSKI

LENIHAN                     VAN HECKE            WHARTON

DOLAN                                                                            TRAVIS                                                                     PICKERING

BUCKLEY                                             ROTHWELL

GALLAGHER                                        KHADRA

3 hours ago, RoverCanada said:

It'll be my first Ewood Park game 🙂

(Glad I changed my original plan to go last weekend!)

Hope you enjoy!

Few things to remember:

1) It used to be cleaner/well maintained

2) The beer selection inside is crap

3) You're unlikely to see us score a goal based on current form

I'm sure you'll have a great time though, nothing like watching Rovers live.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would go with;                                                                   KAMINSKI

DOLAN                                                                            TRAVIS                                                                     PICKERING

Formatting on your team all over the shop. Just an fyi 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Formatting on your team all over the shop. Just an fyi 

No it isn't, 3-5-2 with dolan and pickering playing as attacking wing-backs, one defensive midfielder and two attacking midfielders. We need wins and not draws now. 

Edited by rigger

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Tony is that you

your tombola has malfunctioned 

• Like 1

KAMINSKI

LENIHAN   VAN HECKE   WHARTON

NYAMBE                                         GILES

BUCKLEY(Rothwell)    TRAVIS

KHADRA                                Dolan

Hedges

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Not much of a shake up that Gregg. Pickering starts for me. As for Gallagher last night, dear me:

No headers 
Turned in the box and lost it 
Shot way over
Slid in when the ball was 2 yards away.

Turned in the box and lost it again. 
Pickering shows him how to shoot.

Sadly he is our only striker so gets in on a technicality. He has showed in the past he can hit a ball . Where Dolan and bucko can’t get a decent shot off to save there lives. After that I don’t know who else we have to play down the middle. I know it isn’t much of a shake up player wise  but positionally it is and I think it plays to the team’s strengths with the players we have available 

Edited by Oldgregg86

We see them practicing shots pre match and it looks impressive yet during games it rarely happens. Pickering had a good attempt last night that was blocked and Khadra had one narrowly missing top left. But that was it. No point practicing if we ain't using. 

Hedges before Gallagher is a no brainer for me. He knows exactly what to do to get a permanent team place and must be eager to get the ball and show Gallagher what's needed.  

Is it only me who thinks Gallagher has got progressively worse football wise since hes been back here ?

Never great but he's the shadow of the guy who was on loan here in a really poor side.  Always works hard these days but they've literally just turned him into a workhorse. If they'd made him a battering ram up top from the get go instead of winger/wide striker i'm sure he'd be a lot better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I know he missed the penalty, but Khadra was far more effective than Gallagher. He won the penalty after a mazy run, he nearly scored with a curling shot at the end, he put in a ball at the start of the second half that was dying for a striker to tap in, (Gallagher was nowhere near) he hit a decent free kick in the first half, he got someone sent off and he got to the byline a couple of times, once with a very good cut back that Buckley got in Rothwells way for. What did Gallagher do bar win 2 free kicks miles out?

Yes Khadra had a good game but post match his confience was shot. 

I want Gallagher in for his Height and I dont want 3 small attackers in the team. I want Dolan in my team. 

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Khadra had a good game but post match his confience was shot. 

I want Gallagher in for his Height and I dont want 3 small attackers in the team. I want Dolan in my team. 

Gallagher is crap though, at least Khadra makes things happen. I suppose we dont have great options though in attack in general.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Gallagher seems bulletproof. Rather have Dolan, Khadra or the tea lady.

How tall is the tea lady and can she jump, getting her feet of the ground, to head the ball.

If the answer is 5'5'' and maybe then tell her to get her boots on.

She can't be any worse and SG should be able to boil a kettle ...... maybe .....