BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 26/2/22

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sadly, when Pedersen crops up in conversation I always remember 'that header' at the 'Scoreboard' End with just minutes to go.  Football wise, not sure I'll ever get over it!

I can still see it.  If only.  Wow what a heartbreaking miss.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

So pleased with that show, ither than the missing of gilt edged chances.  How good is young Van Hecke.  If QPR are the best of the rest, we have kittle to fear.  Hope re-instated.

JPvH is absolute class. If we could get him on a perm that would be one serious bit of business. Sadly, I think our only chance of that would be if we go up.

I love his enthusiasm & fight, he really does seem to be enjoying his time here.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him lining up alongside Van Dyke for the Dutch national side in the not too distant future.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

JPvH is absolute class. If we could get him on a perm that would be one serious bit of business. Sadly, I think our only chance of that would be if we go up.

I love his enthusiasm & fight, he really does seem to be enjoying his time here.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him lining up alongside Van Dyke for the Dutch national side in the not too distant future.

He's quality at our level, but not sure he'll make it in the prem though. Against physical forwards he has struggled when isolated, and the forwards are a lot quicker and stronger in the prem. Personally would say Lenihan more likely to make the step up 

But we will see!

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

He's quality at our level, but not sure he'll make it in the prem though. Against physical forwards he has struggled when isolated, and the forwards are a lot quicker and stronger in the prem. Personally would say Lenihan more likely to make the step up 

But we will see!

you only get better by playing against better players and im`e sure JPvH would adapt quickly,the lad is class,lot loads of time on the ball and lots of composure,sadly,unless the brighton coaches have forgotten about him,he`ll go back and be a regular in their side next season

6 hours ago, TruRover said:

Disagree - if we want anything out of that game then we need travis. In my opinion he has been our standout player in the last month or so. Has clearly up’d his game from just a defensive midfielder - now seems to be one of our main driving forces and often looks for the forward passes between the lines. 

That’s my whole point though. If he is such a standout performer, I don’t want him suspended for Millwall and Bristol City 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

That’s my whole point though. If he is such a standout performer, I don’t want him suspended for Millwall and Bristol City 

Travis is walking a bit of a tightrope now. He's got three games to go to avoid picking up a yellow. After 37 league games the 2 game suspension no longer applies. I think he'll start at Fulham. I just can't see him avoiding a yellow between now and the Bristol City game.

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

If we want anything from that game...

Well, I do, but quite frankly as long as we don't lose it by more than 2 I will just shrug my shoulders and move on to the next game. They can be beaten on the right day, but they're also comfortably the best side in the league and we're going to their turf. As a reminder, they drubbed us 7-0 on our own turf.

We have improved remarkably since then, especially at the back, but we have to admit they are heavy favourites for this one. It's the hardest game on paper we will have all season. We have already lost some much easier games.

I fancy us to gets something from the Fulham game if we’re at our best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

But we will see!

He's 21 he has a lot of strength to gain yet Hendry was wiry at that age and even Lenihen has only got to grips with the physical stuff in the last few years.

Bags of potential this lad.

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Didn’t Ritchie Smallwood have a stack of yellow cards but manage to go ages without getting to the limit ?

Yeah, that rings a bell. I'm sure there were a few posts on here at the time saying Smallwood's game had been affected as a result of it. He wasn't making the same challenges from what I remember.

• J*B unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Travis is walking a bit of a tightrope now. He's got three games to go to avoid picking up a yellow. After 37 league games the 2 game suspension no longer applies. I think he'll start at Fulham. I just can't see him avoiding a yellow between now and the Bristol City game.

Both Lenihan and Buckley are on 9 yellow cards as well.

And as a team Rovers have the most yellow cards in the Division.

1 minute ago, only2garners said:

Both Lenihan and Buckley are on 9 yellow cards as well.

And as a team Rovers have the most yellow cards in the Division.

As mentioned on another thread, we need Ayala back yesterday.

Losing Lenihan would mean either Johnson filling or, or a change to 4 at the back.

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes I think he would have been subbed if we’d have been able to. He wasn’t moving very freely at the end. 

Was on the end of a whack around 80 mins too on the second giles breakaway chance.

Johansen did look good and I was a big fan at Fulham. Very much a luxury player though, didn’t fancy running backwards much did he… another CM battle won by Trav and the (again) superb Johnson this season. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I might be wrong but were 2 of Lenihans not part of a red therefore do not count?

He did have two yellows for a red but I think they were on top of the 9 single ones he has. Had he not picked up the red he would have been up to 10 already and have had a two game suspension.

4 hours ago, only2garners said:

Well he's picked up 9 in 33 games, so just under 1 in every 4 games....

Biggest worry if he's one away from 15 towards the end of the season and misses the potential playoffs as a result...

In Delap's Derbies, players who played for both Rovers and QPR, there are two photos of Roy Wegerle, one in a QPR shirt and the other in a Rovers shirt being tackled by a Norwich player. Surely that Norwich player is Chris Sutton. Correct me if I'm wrong.