BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 26/2/22

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Ok, I've been in the pub,  but bear with me......

Dolan for me has to start. Yes, he's raw, but he's an absolute PITA for defenders

Start with gally (yeah, I'm not his biggest fan either) but as a true centre forward.  If it's not going our way, bring Vale on as something different .

Buckley needs a rest but will obviously start with JR out. Drop him little bit deeper with Trav.

Dack on the bench as a morale boost!

Windy, I think you are onto something with these moves. 

I would say the easiest of these, is Gally, as a center forward. We simply have no one else. Dack, I’m 100% on board this.  I think most of us embrace this. Dolan, he can cause discomfiture to defenses, & finally, Buckley as you say. I see no way but to play him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Ok, I've been in the pub,  but bear with me......

Dolan for me has to start. Yes, he's raw, but he's an absolute PITA for defenders

Start with gally (yeah, I'm not his biggest fan either) but as a true centre forward.  If it's not going our way, bring Vale on as something different .

Buckley needs a rest but will obviously start with JR out. Drop him little bit deeper with Trav.

Dack on the bench as a morale boost!

I've not been the pub but agree with all of this.

There's lots of excuse making at present, not so much on here, but within our fanbase in general about us over achieving to be in this position. Now look at the QPR team that played on Wednesday. How many of those players would people take? Chair is the obvious one but after that I'm struggling. You'd probably take Gray or Austin given our circumstances but neither is flying this season. 

So bollocks to the excuses, we have enough quality to be up there challenging and we damn well work our backsides off to sort this goal drought right out. We still have an excellent home record apart from the obvious Fulham horror show, Forest we didn't deserve to lost 2-0.

As a stat nerd, our h2h vs QPR at home is excellent. Played 15, won 11, drawn 3 and lost just 1. Gonna stick my neck on the line and say they won't add to that 1 today.

2 nil home win.

Khadra to make amends and if either Hedges or Dolan start I'll tip either of them 2 to score the other. Mowbray death spirals come and go, they always come to an end though and let's just hope today's the day because ultimately it may just become too late to salvage the season if not.... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Windy, I think you are onto something with these moves. 

I would say the easiest of these, is Gally, as a center forward. We simply have no one else. Dack, I’m 100% on board this.  I think most of us embrace this. Dolan, he can cause discomfiture to defenses, & finally, Buckley as you say. I see no way but to play him. 

Dolan is a little boy lost... why have 1 or 2 touches when you can have 20🤷‍♂️  

Just not for me.  So easy to defend against players like him.  No real pace just tricky feet....

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Just not for me.  So easy to defend against players like him.  No real pace just tricky feet....

The lads only 20yrs old and has been injured an ill this season, he's without doubt one of our most exciting prospects from a blossoming academy.

Is this another Buckley moment Sparks?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

The lads only 20yrs old and has been injured an ill this season, he's without doubt one of our most exciting prospects from a blossoming academy.

Is this another Buckley moment Sparks?

Academy. .give over gav.  He's been raised in other academies.  We got him cos he was released.  We will see.

A Buckley moment....still not sure what he does...there's better out there...

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

Regardless of who plays, we need to regain an ounce of COMPOSURE in the final 3rd, when it matters.

I don't think this happens automatically, TM need to understand how important this is and work work work on it.

We've started games ok since Xmas, but run out of steam because we haven't taken 1st half chances.

Confidence is now compounding this rabbit in headlights feeling when we reach their penalty area.

It needs to be focused on. If Tony has realised this, we'll be ok today.

As always, a big IF.

COYB!!!!

• Like 1

A difficult day today and it could be somewhat defining for us as a club, short term and long term. 

Which ever 11 Mowbray puts out there need to be strong physically and mentally …this  is an area I question ..eg why was Khadra ( loan player ) allowed near the penalty …where were the Lenihans, the Pickerings, the Travis’ ?? 

We’re seen by other fans as being dirty , tough, uncompromising…I only see stupid yellow cards ,strange  challenges …and as for “ Strongman” , Travis ….he’s no more than a clown who needs to concentrate on his responsibilities not the crowd .

I hope to see the present slump arrested…but I do hope that Mowbray puts the necessary bollocking words in their ears as they leave the dressing room….NOT ….you’re a young blossoming team..go out and enjoy it ….I’m looking for MEN today who pull on that shirt and SHOW that it matters….we will see ! 

• Like 2

No two ways about it we simply have to win today. A draw isn’t enough, we need to snap out of this atrocious form and come away with a morale boosting victory. A loss here today and against Fulham and the damage would be too far done IMO.

One in off their defenders arse would do. COYB.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Head down, buzzes all over the place but usually to no effect. Gallagher's "work rate" on steroids. 

I don't see the fuss over him but having said that he'll probably score a hat-trick

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Disagree completely. Decision making needs big improvement but he’s 20 yrs old. If he gets that right he won’t be with us for long. 

Just as winning can become a habit so can losing. If we get nothing less than a win today ahead of possibly our toughest match of the season next week then I think top six ambitions will be over. Historically Mowbray has shown he doesn't have the wherewithal to arrest a losing streak so personally I fear the worst.

Going out on a limb here and reckon the loser of this won't make the playoffs. Too many in form teams, slides need arresting from both clubs. If they can't beat such an out of form team then the slide won't be arrested in time. 

Here's hoping it's a Rovers win.

Great minds @arbitro. And at the same time too. 

Edited by Blue blood
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Going out on a limb here and reckon the loser of this won't make the playoffs. Too many in form teams, slides need arresting from both clubs. If they can't beat such an out of form team then the slide won't be arrested in time. 

Here's hoping it's a Rovers win.

Great minds @arbitro. And at the same time too. 

Today's referee is Jeremy Simpson who I believe is second only to Gavin Ward on the worst referees list. I don't think QPR are in the same shithousery stable as the likes of Luton  and Sheffield United which will make his job easier. As long as we aren't talking about him at 2.30 I'll be contented.