BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 26/2/22

44 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Today's referee is Jeremy Simpson who I believe is second only to Gavin Ward on the worst referees list. I don't think QPR are in the same shithousery stable as the likes of Luton  and Sheffield United which will make his job easier. As long as we aren't talking about him at 2.30 I'll be contented.

I don't think I've seen worse referring, on a consistent basis, as we've seen in this division over the past few years Tony. 

Maybe it just seems that way, but we've seen some absolute dross working the games.

Edited by Gav

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don't think I've seen worse referring, on a consistent basis, as we've seen in this division over the past few years Tony. 

Maybe it just seems that way, but we've seen some absolute dross working the games.

This season has been especially bad. I know they say it evens out, but it feels like in the majority of matches this season the referee has been poor from our perspective. Wednesday was particularly bad, let Sheffield United get away with murder. At times it seems like the officials dislike us as much as Sky do. 

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I predict we will be moaning about Gally not being able to control the ball, head the ball, get in the box, have shots or be of any use at all.

I’m already frustrated by his performance today. He’s the teachers pet though and he’ll be shoehorned in, even at the expense of better players. 

Just now, TonyM said:

Perhaps TM is going to shock us all and play Gallagher through the middle, with Khadra & Dolan wide .... (doubt it though)

That’s way too  intelligent/logical, this is Mowbray remember. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

There were rumours on Twitter that it was slightly worse than being portrayed and he’d miss a couple games at least. Guess it could be true.

I had him down as about the only one who may be able to pull a rabbit out the hat.

He didn’t pull any out in Feb: no goals, no assists, no trademark runs and no shots remotely on target that I can recall.

31 minutes ago, Dan said:

This season has been especially bad. I know they say it evens out, but it feels like in the majority of matches this season the referee has been poor from our perspective. Wednesday was particularly bad, let Sheffield United get away with murder. At times it seems like the officials dislike us as much as Sky do. 

People often say you don't notice the ref when things are going well Dan, but we had some absolute dross even when we we're winning!

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

He didn’t pull any out in Feb: no goals, no assists, no trademark runs and no shots remotely on target that I can recall.

You wont find me arguing. Just saying he’s about the only one who can produce a bit of magic other than maybe Khadra. We’re desperate for something, anything today.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

I see Gallagher is starting again after some of the worst performances I've seen in a Rovers shirt.

I suppose he has to with being the only player that looks like being vaguely capable of scoring a goal.

What a shitshow the transfer window is looking now.

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

People often say you don't notice the ref when things are going well Dan, but we had some absolute dross even when we were winning!

Definitely. There’s not been many matches win or lose that I’ve thought the ref was decent. Usually the sign of a good referee is one that you don’t feel the need to talk about during the match, that has been very rare this season!

35 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Travis and Johnson in midfield....

Going to get rolled here

Absolutely baffling. No idea why you wouldn't drop Buckley back into a more familiar role. Just because he's playing poorly as a false 9 doesn't mean he can't do a job in midfield.

1 minute ago, booth said:

Absolutely baffling. No idea why you wouldn't drop Buckley back into a more familiar role. Just because he's playing poorly as a false 9 doesn't mean he can't do a job in midfield.

Mowbray logic.

Picking Johnson who genuinely can't pass a ball, and Gallagher who can't hold a ball up or head a ball or dribble

• Like 1

Johnson does have the odd good game and hopefully we won’t get as bullied with him in the team. 

He might even have some shots on goal! Was it Derby last season that he got 1 or 2 goals against? 

We could do with more from Nyambe, every single time he got in a decent position on Wednesday, the ball went backwards and the attack inevitably fizzled out. Though he will need someone to aim for, which will mean out forwards will actually have to get into the box. Hopefully Dolan will play in front of him to give him more support. 

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Mowbray logic.

Picking Johnson who genuinely can't pass a ball, and Gallagher who can't hold a ball up or head a ball or dribble

I think we've reached that point in the season where TM genuinely has no clue what to do and the tombola is out. He'll be on his knees right now praying for something to click. Mowbray logic indeed, just a wing and a prayer.

• Like 1