BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

19 minutes ago, Butty said:

Not sure about that one, 13 goals in league one last season in 40 games doesn’t scream like a player who can play in the championship. 

I don't know the player or what his strengths and weaknesses to give an opinion on him. 

Its a decent goalscoring record for a team who weren't in the top 6. 

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

looking at the other end of the height scale,faz and andy todd we`nt particularly tall but both of them could get up well ,david speedie was touching 5"7 and his heading was fantastic,never seen a player hang in air for so long,his timing was brilliant

It’s funny but some players can seem to hang there and others can’t.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well if you don't want to explain then what the point of reply to my post. 

3 or more clubs linked = rumour is false

Not sure if Alan Nixon came up with the rule, but he refers to it frequently

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

They have DL down as 1.87 & unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, Wharton definitely looked taller than him to me.

Think the 'measured him as a kid' line could well be possible.

Yeah, thought Scott was around 6 foot 2..

• Like 1

Not a transfer story (for us) but nobody has posted for 3 hours and I dunno where else to put it..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/soccernet.ng/2022/07/id-chain-him-up-former-blackburn-boss-warns-against-cashing-in-on-chelsea-linked-super-eagles-star.html/amp

Either my memory is beyond terrible and I need to see the doctor, or I've slipped into an alternate reality...this article thinks Barry Ferguson was once our caretaker manager?!

This one is a transfer story about us though, and I haven't seen it posted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-united-qpr-bristol-city-and-blackburn-in-transfer-chase-for-aston-villa-player/amp/

In other news our young keeper Felix Goddard has gone off on loan. I can't get the actual story to load though so, dunno where!

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-united-qpr-bristol-city-and-blackburn-in-transfer-chase-for-aston-villa-player/amp/

In other news our young keeper Felix Goddard has gone off on loan. I can't get the actual story to load though so, dunno where!

Edited by blondie

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not a transfer story (for us) but nobody has posted for 3 hours and I dunno where else to put it..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/soccernet.ng/2022/07/id-chain-him-up-former-blackburn-boss-warns-against-cashing-in-on-chelsea-linked-super-eagles-star.html/amp

Either my memory is beyond terrible and I need to see the doctor, or I've slipped into an alternate reality...this article thinks Barry Ferguson was once our caretaker manager?!

Hoping this is the calm before the storm next week.  Discussing Scott W height is hopefully the lull point 👍

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, blondie said:

Bamber Bridge

Yep it finally loaded. Northern Premier, same level he went to last season. I know we have too many young goalies and need to loan some out, but seems pointless to loan him to the same level again at this early stage of the summer, unless he didn't do very well I suppose, but he was quite highly rated.

If he is any good you would think it makes sense to wait for a conference team to potentially sniff and I'm sure if they didn't then another club from that level would still be interested later. Pretty minor in the scheme of things of course, but I'm just not convinced we do a great job of loaning our youngsters.

10 hours ago, KentExile said:

Or a young squad with plenty of time for growth and development

I've no time for all that, we will be down with a team full of our kids.  We need fully fledged championship players or quality from JDT and GB little black books.....that's if they have one

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yep it finally loaded. Northern Premier, same level he went to last season. I know we have too many young goalies and need to loan some out, but seems pointless to loan him to the same level again at this early stage of the summer, unless he didn't do very well I suppose, but he was quite highly rated.

If he is any good you would think it makes sense to wait for a conference team to potentially sniff and I'm sure if they didn't then another club from that level would still be interested later. Pretty minor in the scheme of things of course, but I'm just not convinced we do a great job of loaning our youngsters.

Do we have a loans manager in place?...nobbers have just brought one in because the feeling there is that it needs improvement. 

50 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Any truth in the young villa player possible coming on loan? 

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

So basically "he's shit".