BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well your first part is very wrong and incorrect. 

Who knows what is going on in the background regarding the next appointment, I have heard several different stories from people about us already interviewing some candidates or have spoken to this people or not. Whether its true I don't know but we see in the coming weeks. 

You have changed horse here Chris.

A week ago, you were certain that there was a shortlist of 6 already interviewed. You were adamant that Farke had the job due to credible sources of Nixon, Mullan and someone else.

It has since been proven to be nonsense.

At least you have now regained your senses. Nobody knows what the loons will do or when they will do it.

So first we were reliably informed that Nyambe and Rothwell can’t wait to ‘go down south’, latest update is Lenihan (and his entire family) would not suit a north east lifestyle.

Chadster is missing his calling presenting Location, Location, Location…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

You have changed horse here Chris.

A week ago, you were certain that there was a shortlist of 6 already interviewed. You were adamant that Farke had the job due to credible sources of Nixon, Mullan and someone else.

It has since been proven to be nonsense.

At least you have now regained your senses. Nobody knows what the loons will do or when they will do it.

Wrong again. Never said a 6 man shortlist had already interviewed or Farke had the job. Maybe look back and read properly. I named a 6 man shortlist that I thought the club would interview and Farke was one of the favourites for the job

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Makes sense as when Wilder was in charge at Sheff UTD there were rumours about them being interested in Lenihan. Boro be a good move for him I think they’ll be up there next season, I hope he stays though of course but wouldn’t blame him for leaving to a club where he will get paid more and have a more realistic chance of getting promoted. 

Personally I don't see Boro as being a more realistic promotion candidate than us.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong again. Never said a 6 man shortlist had already interviewed or Farke had the job. Maybe look back and read properly. I named a 6 man shortlist that I thought the club would interview and Farke was one of the favourites for the job

Lads, let's stop bickering about who said what .

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why do you claim to know the inner workings of every players family?! 

I never said I did but I know Lenihan lives in Manchester. 

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Time is also of the essence and he won't wait forever even if he would consider who our next manager was, and you seem keen to share most rumours but when you have asked (another) journalist a question on twitter and their response does not particular hint at a quick appointment, I find it interesting that you choose to exclude sharing that!

Alan Myers or Rich Sharpe won't have insider sources like 2 other national journalists do like Alan Nixon or Pete O'Rourke have. Has Rich Sharpe ever broke a story with the club given him the info? 

I will stick with my point that I expect both appointments of Sporting Director and head coach done by end of the May. 

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You mention promotion aspirations, Wilder is probably as good and ambitious an appointment as you can get at Championship level, and Boro massively improved upon his appointment, so if you are talking Premier League aspirations, surely that move (if its true, my point isnt specific to gossip and rumours specific to Boro, I mean about any move) would fit in line with that anyway?

Just like we should have promotion aspirations for next season if we have the right appointment,

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

There's no way we bought the lad for £6-7m AND added a sell on clause, right? We're not that moronic, surely. 

According to the LT, who have stated it on a few occasions now, we are indeed precisely that moronic.

Not that the percentage is confirmed to be 20%. They have said it's a lot less significant than the Armstrong sell-on. But since that was 40% of profit, I'd say it still could be anything up to 20%. At a guess I'd say it's in the 10-20% region, purely from assuming based on how the LT have spoken about it.

Edited by bluebruce

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I never said I did but I know Lenihan lives in Manchester. 

Alan Myers or Rich Sharpe won't have insider sources like 2 other national journalists do like Alan Nixon or Pete O'Rourke have. Has Rich Sharpe ever broke a story with the club given him the info? 

I will stick with my point that I expect both appointments of Sporting Director and head coach done by end of the May. 

Just like we should have promotion aspirations for next season if we have the right appointment,

I would say about Rich Sharpe that he never breaks any stories really but equally he doesn't come out with the shite that Nixon comes out with, the £50m warchest and the 6 man shortlist being obvious examples.

Out of interest, if you don't think that Rich Sharpe or indeed Alan Myers have any worthwhile insider information, why are you questioning them both on twitter for bits of gossip?

Your comments second guessing the Lenihan familys preferred location to live was laughable.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would say about Rich Sharpe that he never breaks any stories really but equally he doesn't come out with the shite that Nixon comes out with, the £50m warchest and the 6 man shortlist being obvious examples.

How is the 6 man shortlist wrong? 

He got plenty right or close to as Glen Mullan said last week

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, if you don't think that Rich Sharpe or indeed Alan Myers have any worthwhile insider information, why are you questioning them both on twitter for bits of gossip?

I asked about Duncan Ferguson being interested in the Rovers head coach job which he didn't respond so that could mean he has applied for the job here. 

Also nothing wrong with asking questions of them finding out what they know. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How is the 6 man shortlist wrong? 

He got plenty right or close to as Glen Mullan said last week

I asked about Duncan Ferguson being interested in the Rovers head coach job which he didn't respond so that could mean he has applied for the job here. 

Also nothing wrong with asking questions of them finding out what they know. 

I don't think it is a good journalistic quality to find something out but rather than release a story, to keep that information to yourself only releasing it if someone asks you on twitter!

• Like 2

On 13/05/2022 at 16:32, Butty said:

Him and Travis could be the biggest shit house pairing the league has ever seen. 

Haha. Reminds me of a FM career mode a guy detailed on Reddit where he sought to turn Millwall into the most aggressive team ever: https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/e42qkj/i_turned_millwall_into_the_most_aggressive_team/

If I remember right, he does end up with a midfield of Travis and Pearson haha (and Lenihan as a CB). He keeps at it for a while and I think he actually does achieve promotion eventually...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoverCanada said:

Haha. Reminds me of a FM career mode a guy detailed on Reddit where he sought to turn Millwall into the most aggressive team ever: https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/e42qkj/i_turned_millwall_into_the_most_aggressive_team/

If I remember right, he does end up with a midfield of Travis and Pearson haha (and Lenihan as a CB). He keeps at it for a while and I think he actually does achieve promotion eventually...

That's actually a hilarious read. I'm on the third part and he's signed Richie Smallwood. 'Richie Smallwood doesn’t even have time to get a match rating, but still gets a yellow.'  He seems very happy with him. 'Richie Smallwood is booked on his debut. The fans will come to hate his performances, which usually consist of him being subbed on, fouling the opposition, and getting a 6.4 match rating. He is my Granit Xhaka.' There are far funnier bits in there, but obviously I'm focussed on the ex-Rover.

The last version of FM I played was the same one he seems to be using. Not surprised he went for Lenihan, who for me became a liability by getting booked and sent off far too often. But was still a part of my Premiership title-winning squad (as a rotation player and to fulfil homegrown requirements, but he could hold his own and developed a great partnership with Tosin, who was very good for me and got England call-ups.)

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

I'm sure they said there was about 30 or 40 serious applicants when Lambert left.

We still know which route they went there though and before that they even had Holloway in the office when his stock still had value.  Then we still ended up with the cheapest easiest option, no reason to expect anything any different this time.

There's just more window dressing going on led by perennial wrong callers like Nixon.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

I'm sure they said there was about 30 or 40 serious applicants when Lambert left.

We still know which route they went there though and before that they even had Holloway in the office when his stock still had value.  Then we still ended up with the cheapest easiest option, no reason to expect anything any different this time.

There's just more window dressing going on led by perennial wrong callers like Nixon.

I think at the time Lambert and his staff were a good appointment. It just didn’t turn out that way.

• Like 1

Just looking at media speculation about our players again. I can understand Rothwell to a degree we bought him, he has honoured his contract and has decided to move on. Lennehan and Nyambe I find more irritating especially Nyambe who has come through our academy. There is no loyalty in the game anymore. It is especially annoying as the speculation for both is other Championship clubs!! A premiership club I could sort of accept but I think going to a championship rival is nothing short of a kick in the teeth!!!

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think at the time Lambert and his staff were a good appointment. It just didn’t turn out that way.

It was and it didn't but i'm referring to post Lambert.

The drum was being beaten about all the applicants and the quality of them then they wheeled out Owen bleeding Coyle.  Quite simply because he was on the agency he'd never heard of's books and he said he'd do it cheaper.

Fully expect a similar route this time and i don't care who pitches themselves for the job it'll all come down to who is easiest to control and cheapest.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

id`e be seriously looking to get john swift here

His wages are out of our League. Supposedly Mowbray want to sign before but his wages are beyond our wage budget

4 hours ago, AJW said:

Callum O’Dowda anyone ? Contract expired at Bristol City seems to have been around forever but still only 27 years old

Would be decent winger for us..

On 15/05/2022 at 09:24, Sparks Rover said:

15m minus 7m minus sell on clause of 20% and we left with 6m.....we will see feck all

Why minus 7m the 20% would be off any profit made on the sale if there is a sell on so at £15m would leave 13/14m not 6m. Tho I do agree we would see fa of it tbf.

Edited by Beanie01289