BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

So to rehash what someone asked the other day - how many signings do we expect to make before the Stanley game? Lol

I originally answered 1 permanent and 1 loan... though I did state i'm an optimist 🤣 How wrong I was!

The lack of activity (and even the lack of rumours) is bizarre considering the calibre of players we've lost recently... let's hope things start getting done around here, I dread the thought of kicking off the season off with the squad we currently have.

Edited by TheRevAshton

13 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I really hope Broughton is successful but I don't think he is particularly well qualified for his current role after working mainly in youth football at smaller clubs. He is an unknown quantity and has a steep learning curve - especially with Venky's in mind.

I think Paul Senior had more experience and that didn't exactly work out.

Paul Senior ?

Behave yourself.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

So to rehash what someone asked the other day - how many signings do we expect to make before the Stanley game? Lol

I originally answered 1 permanent and 1 loan... though I did state i'm an optimist 🤣 How wrong I was!

The lack of activity (and even the lack of rumours) is bizarre considering the calibre of players we've lost recently... let's hope things start getting done around here, I dread the thought of kicking off the season off with the squad we currently have.

It was always going to be zero.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phili said:

Our main creditors are Venky's, Bank of India and the tax man.

Derby was more to Michael Dell and Mel Morris than anyone else. Our smaller creditors and Derby's will be similar. Morris wrote of £200m in loans he gave the club on admin as well as selling the training ground and stadium for a fraction. The new owners had to pay most of the Michael Dell loan back.

As I understand it we don’t owe anyone any money certainly not Mr Taxman

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

As I understand it we don’t owe anyone any money certainly not Mr Taxman

That may well be the case as this year's accounts are not out, but we certainly did owe HMRC according to last year's accounts.

13 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Although it wouldn't be preferable, if we kick-off the season with the present squad, so be it. Get on with the job, a coherent plan on the pitch will be a good start. Aim for promotion and a couple of cup runs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, phili said:

That may well be the case as this year's accounts are not out, but we certainly did owe HMRC according to last year's accounts.

We'll also have a bank overdraft and in the past external loans have at times been used, so yes we will owe.

Just not enough to be in the mire.

49 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I didn’t say that’s what we’ve done historically - if you draw a straight line between what GB and JDT said upon their appointment and the aim of being a sustainable Premier League club, the answers to what they are trying / hoping to do lie somewhere in what I’ve said. I appreciate that there’s no evidential proof of that happening previously but it appears to be what they want to do.

Rowing back there Paul Mani....😅 we are the opposite of  Brentford 🙄

• Like 1

Dwight Gayle, ciarian Clarke and Jeff Hendrick dumped into the u23s at Newcastle due to them having to many squad players and need to be moved on. All three linked with champ clubs. I’d be all over Gayle and wouldn’t mind the other two 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Dwight Gayle, ciarian Clarke and Jeff Hendrick dumped into the u23s at Newcastle due to them having to many squad players and need to be moved on. All three linked with champ clubs. I’d be all over Gayle and wouldn’t mind the other two 

Would all do a job here and add a bit of experience to the squad.

Can't see us paying the going rate for any of them though unfortunately.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

They are all the wrong side of 30 but I reckon Gayle would still have a couple of seasons left in him at this level. 

Not sure on the other 2, Hendrick might not be a bad shout (even if he was a Dingle) but always thought Clarke was pretty terrible? 

We need some decent links or news soon. Can tell it's dragging when people would be happy with McGoldrick, Clarke, Hourihane and the like.

We need better than that if we want to go anywhere. We've had enough players that are past it/on the decline after another pay day.

• Like 1

Ah Rovers fans ever the patient one. Our fan base reminds me a little bit of the town people in South Park who when they are not happy you just hear 'Rabble, Rabble, Rabble" and then on to the next topic. 

to see players like McGoldrick, Gayle, Hendricks, Clarke, Hourihane all mentioned as players our fans would enjoy I think seem to forget what the DNA of the club has become and what the missions statement JDT proclaimed when he joined. It is about adding value to players and developing them. How does any of the above fit that system that JDT wants to employ at the club? Quite simply it doesn't. Signings are likely to be individuals who are from a youngish age that we can sell on with a significant profit like an Armstrong and a Diaz. 

It is quiet at the moment but most clubs have been quiet the ones that haven't we haven't got the financial might to compete with them. So they can go out and easily sign the player they want and carry on. I anticipate our window will be a slow one. One we have to take our time though. I would be more interested in solving our outgoings first in Ayala and Diaz before concentrating on incomings. Unless Diaz signs a new contract (which i think he should for his own development as i feel like JDT could be a good fit for him. 

12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

They are all the wrong side of 30 but I reckon Gayle would still have a couple of seasons left in him at this level. 

Not sure on the other 2, Hendrick might not be a bad shout (even if he was a Dingle) but always thought Clarke was pretty terrible? 

If we are going to be blooding as many youth team players as I suspect this season we are going to need old heads around

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Ah Rovers fans ever the patient one. Our fan base reminds me a little bit of the town people in South Park who when they are not happy you just hear 'Rabble, Rabble, Rabble" and then on to the next topic. 

to see players like McGoldrick, Gayle, Hendricks, Clarke, Hourihane all mentioned as players our fans would enjoy I think seem to forget what the DNA of the club has become and what the missions statement JDT proclaimed when he joined. It is about adding value to players and developing them. How does any of the above fit that system that JDT wants to employ at the club? Quite simply it doesn't. Signings are likely to be individuals who are from a youngish age that we can sell on with a significant profit like an Armstrong and a Diaz. 

It is quiet at the moment but most clubs have been quiet the ones that haven't we haven't got the financial might to compete with them. So they can go out and easily sign the player they want and carry on. I anticipate our window will be a slow one. One we have to take our time though. I would be more interested in solving our outgoings first in Ayala and Diaz before concentrating on incomings. Unless Diaz signs a new contract (which i think he should for his own development as i feel like JDT could be a good fit for him. 

Do we have a DNA? If it is in bringing through youngsters, fine but we have lost our captain and also our most experienced player from an already inexperienced squad so we need at least a couple of more experienced players regardless of ideals about DNA.

The specific names you mention in the main are underwhelming aside from Hourihane who I think would have been a good player to have, good on the ball, very good left foot, experienced and has proven himself at this level over a number of years. 

Also, we cannot afford to allow further time to pass on the basis that we want outs first, we need the bulk of our business to be done before the season, ideally in the next week or so to allow the new players to gel, they have already missed the Portugal trip and likely the first friendly.

Brereton will be going but that situation may rumble on beyond the first game so we simply cannot wait. With Ayala, we don't know if he will go, if he does then we should just an additional vacancy that we need to fill.

1 hour ago, Ruaney said:

You have some strange opinions on players. He's an awful footballer.

In your opinion, scored 9 goals in prem last year and has probably forgotten more goals than BBD has scored....to say he's awful is taking the piss mate...had a great career.  Would have been relatively cheap and I reckon can still play at championship level.

• Like 1