BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2

Plenty of useful frees knocking about. Take with a pinch of salt as some may have 12 month options like Brereton.

I would be looking Luton's right back James Bree, Fulham centre back Alfie Mawson, Reading centre back Tom Holmes and Bristol City left side midfielder Callum O'Dowda 

There will be a whole range of clubs after him but Scot Twine banged in 4 goals for Mk Dons at the weekend. I think he has something like 33 goals + assists for the season now at the age of 22. As it stands we wouldn't have a hope of getting him since if he's to move on I'm sure he'll have his pick of a few clubs. But he's the type of player that if we did have the club in order, with a new and attractive manager and backroom team in place quickly, we could be swooping in for him. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

There will be a whole range of clubs after him but Scot Twine banged in 4 goals for Mk Dons at the weekend. I think he has something like 33 goals + assists for the season now at the age of 22. As it stands we wouldn't have a hope of getting him since if he's to move on I'm sure he'll have his pick of a few clubs. But he's the type of player that if we did have the club in order, with a new and attractive manager and backroom team in place quickly, we could be swooping in for him. 

As you say there’ll be lots of clubs after him unfortunately.

On 01/05/2022 at 09:05, JoeH said:

Anderlecht fancy Khadra permanent. Burnley talks with Lenihan. West Brom talks with Lenihan & Rothwell.

There'll be fury if Lenihan rocks up at the Dingles.

On 01/05/2022 at 09:05, JoeH said:

Anderlecht fancy Khadra permanent. Burnley talks with Lenihan. West Brom talks with Lenihan & Rothwell.

I think Rovers should at least inquire about signing Khadra and/or maybe Poveda permanent or on loan again. In a functioning team, I think both would be effective. Van Hecke too but not sure about valuation and availability. Might well be they have higher aspirations and offers.

10 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I think Rovers should at least inquire about signing Khadra and/or maybe Poveda permanent or on loan again. In a functioning team, I think both would be effective. Van Hecke too but not sure about valuation and availability. Might well be they have higher aspirations and offers.

Khadra and Poveda I’d take on loan but I wouldn’t be signing them. Van Hecke, I’d sign if we can get him.

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

Agreed with enquiring, JPVH will be a premier league footballer next season though.

Would definitely take Khadra on a permanent deal. Has lots to offer and can turn into a real player. Stretches the opposition and has a good right peg. Decision making not the best, as pointed out.

Wouldn't mind Semenyo from Bristol City or O'Hare from Coventry, not sure about O'Hares price tag though.

On 01/05/2022 at 09:27, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lenny’s not a Premier league standard centre half. West Brom maybe. I’m not a Khadra fan, another one that dribbles when he comes to a pair of feet.

I reckon like Shane Duffy Lenihan is a better player than people give him credit for. Out of the trio who are leaving (Lenihan, Nymabe, Rothwell) Lenihan is the one who will get a modest Prem career in my opinion.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I reckon like Shane Duffy Lenihan is a better player than people give him credit for. Out of the trio who are leaving (Lenihan, Nymabe, Rothwell) Lenihan is the one who will get a modest Prem career in my opinion.

Agree with this. He seems to be sensing danger and reading the game much better this season - I always thought he was one of those defenders who look the part when going in for challenges, but they often only need to do that to make up for lapses in concentration.

Nyambe and Rothwell both have important aspects to their game which will be hard to replace, but Lenihan is the best player of the three by a decent margin for me. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Agree with this. He seems to be sensing danger and reading the game much better this season - I always thought he was one of those defenders who look the part when going in for challenges, but they often only need to do that to make up for lapses in concentration.

Nyambe and Rothwell both have important aspects to their game which will be hard to replace, but Lenihan is the best player of the three by a decent margin for me. 

Sometimes he goes in for challenges when he shouldn’t. He gets carried away with natural enthusiasm. He leaves the guy he’s marking to fire fight, does quite make the challenge and his guy is left un marked. He should have learnt years ago  “ do your job and let the other players do theirs ”.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sometimes he goes in for challenges when he shouldn’t. He gets carried away with natural enthusiasm. He leaves the guy he’s marking to fire fight, does quite make the challenge and his guy is left un marked. He should have learnt years ago  “ do your job and let the other players do theirs ”.

I think that's right, but it's much less a feature of his game than it used to be. He seems much more disciplined in his decision making now than he was even 1-2 years ago. I think the penny might've dropped a little earlier had he been paired with a wiser head in defence earlier in his career. I know Mulgrew was experienced but he was never really a defensive leader in that sense.