BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Will he really be missed ? He’s hardly played this season.

Football goes beyond ability on the pitch, I'm convinced he cracked up at half time against Derby and set Mowbray straight, probably backed up by others, he's mates with Dack.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Johnson had some effective games, more in his first season, and chipped in with a few goals. We definitely got him some time past his sell-by date though, and you could see this season that he's past the point of being able to contribute in any meaningful way at this level. Johnson at false 9 will remain as one of Mowbray's most infamous decisions and live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 6

Johnson has done a job in his time here hes only ever really been a squad player but a handy one.

Seemed popular with this team of lads, always on the sidelines when not involved and probably a steady hand behind the scenes. It's another wage off the books but another bit of experience out the door.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Will he really be missed ? He’s hardly played this season.

I know his contribution this season has been minimal, my concern is that, assuming Davenport is off (his contract is up, right) and Rothwell too, we are looking light on midfielders.

Not saying I want Johnson to stay but we'll probably have to spend something in a replacement/improvement.

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

Johnson had some effective games, more in his first season, and chipped in with a few goals. We definitely got him some time past his sell-by date though, and you could see this season that he's past the point of being able to contribute in any meaningful way at this level. Johnson at false 9 will remain as one of Mowbray's most infamous decisions and live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons.

This last 2 seasons, he's been the nearest thing we've had to someone who knows the "dark arts" of football. And I don't mean like Trav being "a bit of nuisance".

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I thought it was quite telling that neither Johnson nor Rothwell mentioned the manager in either of their goodbye posts.

Judging by Johnson’s comment on Rothwell’s Instagram post it looks as though Rothwell has his prem move in the bag.

6 hours ago, toogs said:

Just thinking this thread will be 500 pages before we sign anyone. 🥺

Need to sort the manager situation out first. Whilst not impossible to make signings, can't imagine too many footballers (especially decent ones) would sign a contract without knowing who they're playing for. 

42 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

Rothwell has also confirmed now that he is leaving.

And Johnson has said “enjoy the big stage” so we know where he’s going!!

6 hours ago, Tugay Et Labore said:

Judging by Johnson’s comment on Rothwell’s Instagram post it looks as though Rothwell has his prem move in the bag.

Fair play to him. Superb player on his day, nailed down some consistency in our good run of form. Became pretty much non existent after not getting his January move, mind you. 

Assuming it's Bournemouth, he will be in a battle to stay up but good luck to him I say. At 27, this might be his only chance for Prem footy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Fair play to him. Superb player on his day, nailed down some consistency in our good run of form. Became pretty much non existent after not getting his January move, mind you. 

Assuming it's Bournemouth, he will be in a battle to stay up but good luck to him I say. At 27, this might be his only chance for Prem footy.

He was instrumental in our loss of form when Venkys refused to sell him, he sulked, his head went down and I have no time for him.

Mowbray plucked him from the scrap heap, turned him into the player he is today and this is the way he paid his manager back?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gav said:

He was instrumental in our loss of form when Venkys refused to sell him, he sulked, his head went down and I have no time for him.

Mowbray plucked him from the scrap heap, turned him into the player he is today and this is the way he paid his manager back?

Were the rest of the players sulking too?

Because Van Hecke and Kaminski aside the rest had a drop in form.

Quite clearly Mowbray has an issue when the opposition work out his tactics, as evidenced by his woeful results second half of season at all his clubs. 

I'm not Rothwells biggest fan but blaming our second half of the season form on his failure to be sold is nonsense imo.

The managers failure to react to the opposition working us out is the reason we failed to make the playoffs

• Like 5

Bradley Johnson went up an infinite amount of notches for this post alone!
image.png.1cab32205d3fe2490609080bdeaf1c09.png

Seems to be literally ripping the p*ss out of Mowbray for coming up with the hair-brained idea of throwing him into that position!
Sad to see him go, he was a useful player for us down through the years but in all honesty we should have had Davenport in front of him in the pecking order this season to see what he could do with more game time. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

Bradley Johnson went up an infinite amount of notches for this post alone!
image.png.1cab32205d3fe2490609080bdeaf1c09.png

Seems to be literally ripping the p*ss out of Mowbray for coming up with the hair-brained idea of throwing him into that position!
Sad to see him go, he was a useful player for us down through the years but in all honesty we should have had Davenport in front of him in the pecking order this season to see what he could do with more game time. 

Yeah he blatantly had a fall out with Mowbray during Derby half time. Barely played a minute since (one match was it?) and as you say, literally been ripping Mowbray online since about it.

As for Rothwell, he’ll be off to Bournemouth no doubt.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, neophox said:

I think the injury to Markanday and Brereton could had an small impact in getting to play offs. With these two available along with Khadra we could had end up above Luton.

By the same token BBD and Dack were back in the squad for how many games ?

The manager brought in 4 in January including Giles and Hedges.

Losing BB and Khadra upset the balance but there was never a plan B and those 2 brought in for cover were messed around.  Again no real plan there just bodies brought in and thrown in and out.

The manager is responsible, players at every club pick up injuries, get tired, lose form.

It is how that situation is managed that is they key.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Were the rest of the players sulking too?

Because Van Hecke and Kaminski aside the rest had a drop in form.

Certainly not, but with Diaz unfit or unavailable from around the same time, that was massive for us.

That said young Buckley certainly suffered a dip in form, could have been linked to having a sulking Rothwell not pulling his weight, Injuries across the whole side, it was predictable with such a small squad’ most called it in January.

Edited by Gav

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Certainly not, but with Diaz unfit or unavailable from around the same time. Young Buckley certainly suffered a dip in form, could have been linked to not having a sulking Rothwell pulling his weight, Injuries across the whole side, it was predictable with such a small squad.

Yeah but all that still doesn't take away from the fact that throughout Mowbrays managerial career he struggles in the second half of the season at all his clubs.

Rothwell wasn't denied a move last season and yet we still had a run of 2 wins in 17 matches.

And the manager said he could have brought an attacker in in January but HE decided not too

• Like 1