BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems hypocritical to dismiss people who doubt him due to a lack of game time, only to then praise the player based on that same limited game time, although throwing in watching youtube compilations of his best bits which surely only further distort opinion. 

Would make more sense to be either of the opinion that all players should not be judged until x, including the more successful signings, or alternatively allow both, not picking and choosing which approach based on what makes the players look better.

Hirst is a loan player. If he is trying to prove he has a future at this level, he is not doing a good job of it.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

Once again, a handful of people critiquing a players performance on an obscure website, doesn’t impact said player or mean the fans aren’t ‘getting behind him’ one iota.

Just like it doesn’t if the critiquing is being done in the pub, in the car, walking up Livesey Branch. Just like BB always found, the Rovers support is very patient and supportive…

• Like 5

Does anybody know what happened with the Steven Caulker deal in the end? I mean, did we back out of it, opt for better options? did he get a better offer from elsewhere? I can't remember how it ended, apart from it not happening, obviously. I don't know if an official source mentioned why it didn't happen.

If I remember rightly, I think it was a Sierra Leone journalist/supporter who initially broke the news that we were in for him.

• 3 weeks later...

I’d like to see how good this batty and mola  actually are before we get another back up left back to Pickering,  a solid option at RB if Brittain isn’t firing or is injured would be good. Ideally I’d like a first team left back and Pickering as a solid rotation option. We also need a natural goalscorer . Someone who we confidently believe will piss 12 goals a season. I’d be happy with that in January as a starting point. Come summer Ben, Morton and dack will need replacing leaving massive holes (maybe Ayala) and we still need someone to replace pears as it will go pear shaped if kaminski gets injured 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d like to see how good this batty and mola  actually are before we get another back up left back to Pickering,  a solid option at RB if Brittain isn’t firing or is injured would be good. Ideally I’d like a first team left back and Pickering as a solid rotation option. We also need a natural goalscorer . Someone who we confidently believe will piss 12 goals a season. I’d be happy with that in January as a starting point. Come summer Ben, Morton and dack will need replacing leaving massive holes (maybe Ayala) and we still need someone to replace pears as it will go pear shaped if kaminski gets injured 

Personally I think Mola is good enough now for the left full/wing back position. Batty in a couple of seasons, but could adequately fill in now if needs be. I agree about needing a reasonable striker. Markanday may fill that role if he is played through the center, but he is never a winger.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Personally I think Mola is good enough now for the left full/wing back position. Batty in a couple of seasons, but could adequately fill in now if needs be. I agree about needing a reasonable striker. Markanday may fill that role if he is played through the center, but he is never a winger.

Haven’t seen enough of mola or Markanday really to be swayed either way. Guess time will give me a clearer opinion

48 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Haven’t seen enough of mola or Markanday really to be swayed either way. Guess time will give me a clearer opinion

For the u21s Mola has been mostly played at center-half, he looks uncomfortable there. When he moves to the left hand side and moves forward he is very good. He is strong in the challenge both on the ground and in the air. He is quite fast and picks out a good pass. 

Markanday has been used as a right winger/wide forward. He does not have a particular skill for going outside a defender and always seems to lose the ball. He hasn't got the strength to beat a defender by coming inside. What he has got is a good shot if he gets the ball in or around the penalty box. He might be useful in a forward central pairing. 

Both may or may not make it at Championship level. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rigger said:

For the u21s Mola has been mostly played at center-half, he looks uncomfortable there. When he moves to the left hand side and moves forward he is very good. He is strong in the challenge both on the ground and in the air. He is quite fast and picks out a good pass. 

Markanday has been used as a right winger/wide forward. He does not have a particular skill for going outside a defender and always seems to lose the ball. He hasn't got the strength to beat a defender by coming inside. What he has got is a good shot if he gets the ball in or around the penalty box. He might be useful in a forward central pairing. 

Both may or may not make it at Championship level. 

Regarding Mola - there’s an old saying in football. “ Centre halves are born not made “.