BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Derby will be in the PL before we are. Another like Wigan, Blackpool, Bolton used as a convenient example of what we would be if Venkys left but will ultimately rebound and rebuild whilst this club withers on the vine.

Here we go, you always seem to infer that we would have been better off going down the above clubs route, utter garbage, what those fans have gone through was terrible, if it happened to us most normal fans would have been devastated, just try and wait till the end of the transfer deadline then make a judgment..

• Like 4

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

I can't recall him mentioning it either but why would he come here without any money to spend?

He surely doesn't want his managerial career to die a death and I'm sure he would have done his research and will have known how many from last year's squad have departed.

A Coyle ,A Mowbray managers like that were desperate to get back in and would agree to working under those conditions.Why would a young manager like Tomosson when he had other offers?

Coming from overseas, he probably wasn’t as well informed about the club’s problems. Also, he could’ve been lied to, (I’m not saying this is necessarily the case).

43 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Let’s get it right, the gig here is to get the right players. It’s not a race…

I want us to sign some great players asap but not to tick a box Connor Hourihane? Please.

I still think we’ll get one in this week but remember this, we still don’t have a head of recruitment, there’s a new manager and the DoF has only ever worked in youth football.

I think, other than a RB, we can put a good first XI out. So let’s see who we get, whenever we get them.

To be fair Paul, you give it the positive 'lets see' every window.  Invariably,  I think it's fair to say you've been underwhelmed by the end of each window. 

So 4 weeks till the season starts and as you say, no head of recruitment and a dof who's only worked with youth. A manager who failed to attract one of his old players.  

I like the appointment of JDT but the whole thing has the venky stench of an underwhelming transfer window.  No doubt with the sale of Brereton late on!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

15% of the season happens before the transfer window ends. 

Id rather get business done as early as possible to have the strongest squad for the full 100%

If only we hadn't faffed around for 5 weeks hiring a manager, eh?

• Like 3

I’m not quite panicking yet but the fact teams that finished around us have moved fast and made some decent signings leaves us behind slightly.

Boro, WBA, Bristol City and even Millwall have been active and signed some good players. GB certainly talked the talk, I’m hoping his actions match.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
44 minutes ago, unsall said:

Here we go, you always seem to infer that we would have been better off going down the above clubs route, utter garbage, what those fans have gone through was terrible, if it happened to us most normal fans would have been devastated, just try and wait till the end of the transfer deadline then make a judgment..

I’m not judging entirely just yet, as we always appear to be slow in anything we do relating to transfers. It’s just a bit frustrating we haven’t signed anyone yet, while other teams are well under way…

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Coming from overseas, he probably wasn’t as well informed about the club’s problems. Also, he could’ve been lied to, (I’m not saying this is necessarily the case).

Yes but he would have done some research and would have been aware how many first team players have departed.

And agreed he Could have been given False promises just think it is a little early to be worrying no money to spend or won't be any permanent signings of the required quality as Broughton did say that they would have a good luck internally first.

The time it took to appoint Broughton and JDT Is the major reason we have inactive so far.

IF the speculation is correct and we were in for Anel then we must have a little bit of money available 

Our Deja vu transfer windows continue….

“Transfers due next week” “Blackburn target signs for rival” 😂😂

”Blackburn look to loans” 👀

I’m hoping this year is different and the signings have been kept quiet, vey strange there hasn’t been many rumblings either. 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Waiting doesn't necessarily mean we are going to get the better ones. Quite possibly the good ones will be gone by the time we are getting our business done.

It seems the assumption is that moving quickly means we are rushing or getting people in for the sake of it. On the other hand it could just mean we have a plan and are acting on it whereas rushing around at the last minute suggests no plan.

We ripped up the plan when the last manager and his head of recruitment left mate. Let’s get real.

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We ripped up the plan when the last manager and his head of recruitment left mate. Let’s get real.

But the Club has known they'd both be leaving for twelve months or more in reality. 

So to be scratching around now with half a squad and no Head of Recruitment with less than four weeks to go before the start of the season is as usual pretty poor forward planning tbh.

Can JDT turn the situation around? We can only hope so.

3 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

I don't understand some of you people - seeming to enjoying the thought of everything coming crashing down & JDT feckin off. Closely followed by the usual suspects 'liking' said posts. I don't get it... 

He's just as likely to be gone when he realises how miserable & fatalistic some of the fan base are.

Can see it now. Jon Dahl Tomasson has resigned after reading a few frustrated posts on an internet messageboard. 

People have been stung and damaged so much under these knobhead owners that they understandably perhaps act a little over the top, its a messageboard though.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Let’s get it right, the gig here is to get the right players. It’s not a race…

I want us to sign some great players asap but not to tick a box Connor Hourihane? Please.

I still think we’ll get one in this week but remember this, we still don’t have a head of recruitment, there’s a new manager and the DoF has only ever worked in youth football.

I think, other than a RB, we can put a good first XI out. So let’s see who we get, whenever we get them.

Why is it only quality OR speed in your mind, the 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

Quality is important but it is much better to get at least some in with time to integrate in pre-season. The window closes 7 games in so we cannot wait until then for example either, we need to get at least some in ASAP.

Hourihane has stemmed from Mercer so is undoubtedly rubbish and even if he has chosen Derby, it may well be for a better chance of first team football for similar money. But he would have been a decent enough addition, would have given us some experience and some quality passing, and did a role as a squad member at a top 6 side last season, so not sure what the "please" is about.

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

A little, but then you look at all the other players in the same boat and I doubt Nyambe has any worries. Cyrus Christie who has been heralded by many as massively better than Nyambe is still without a club too.

The wage bill has been cut to the bone over the last two years. It needs increasing from where it stands now if we are to avoid relegation, let alone have any aspirations of promotion.

Is that true? Many?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m not judging entirely just yet, as we always appear to be slow in anything we do relating to transfers. It’s just a bit frustrating we haven’t signed anyone yet, while other teams are well under way…

I understand that especially seeing Burnley and Preston doing early business, but he wanted to see what he’s got, squad wise while in Portugal and hopefully we are a bit nearer with a few quality signings, think it might be next week before one or two come on board. 
We need to get the permanent signings first because getting the usual loans from premier clubs will be last minute. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be fair Paul, you give it the positive 'lets see' every window.  Invariably,  I think it's fair to say you've been underwhelmed by the end of each window. 

So 4 weeks till the season starts and as you say, no head of recruitment and a dof who's only worked with youth. A manager who failed to attract one of his old players.  

I like the appointment of JDT but the whole thing has the venky stench of an underwhelming transfer window.  No doubt with the sale of Brereton late on!

Invariably I am underwhelmed, yes. But I make the choice to live in hope because it means I can live the next four weeks happily rather than bitter about something I have no ability to effect.

The points I made about no head of recruitment, a new manager and a DoF who’s never lived outside of youth football are fact, as is our small budget. So I see no point in driving myself insane because we’re not signing players like Burnley or keeping up with West Brom or Sheff United.

I choose to be hopeful that we can find some rough diamonds and blood some more of our youngsters and then maybe have a little splurge at the end of the window if we sell Brereton.

Its not In my nature to whinge…im grateful for what i have and only worry about stuff that’s within my control. If I can’t fix it, it’s not my problem.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hourihane has stemmed from Mercer so is undoubtedly rubbish and even if he has chosen Derby, it may well be for a better chance of first team football for similar money. But he would have been a decent enough addition, would have given us some experience and some quality passing, and did a role as a squad member at a top 6 side last season, so not sure what the "please" is about.

Refer to my earlier responses to two posters who rubbished it.

At least two/three other posters on this MB know it's almost certainly correct.

• Like 1