BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The last HoR has only just left and stayed on to put plans in place and line players up.

That's not assumption that's the official line.

Maybe his taste in players isn’t to the taste of the new coaching team. That would be hardly surprising. The best thing Park could have done was work on a large data base of likely players to hand over.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The last HoR has only just left and stayed on to put plans in place and line players up.

Which according to unleaded we have scrapped.

Funnily enough I am strangely reassured to hear that we've scrapped anything that was to do with Park but if true it does leave us very much up against it time wise

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe his taste in players isn’t to the taste of the new coaching team. That would be hardly surprising. The best thing Park could have done was work on a large data base of likely players to hand over.

It's quite a convenient excuse to throw about though.

Park knew who was leaving and what positions in the squad require filling, he also knows the domestic market better than JDT's team i assume.  So to rip up his entire list might be a bit of a pointless thing to do, he'd also brought a certain type of scout in which was signed off by GB.

RIP to one of them by the way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Refer to my earlier responses to two posters who rubbished it.

At least two/three other posters on this MB know it's almost certainly correct.

Not that 2/3 random other posters could verify it, but who?

Even if it was true, as I said that alone doesn't necessarily mean the sort of despair you are trying to provoke is justified. McGoldrick is also going to Derby ahead of Sheff Utd, again with a likely carrot of regular football.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Which according to unleaded we have scrapped.

Funnily enough I am strangely reassured to hear that we've scrapped anything that was to do with Park but if true it does leave us very much up against it time wise

Got to hope Parks replacement comes in with a “ready to go” list of players. Hopefully Broughton has done his homework and brings someone decent in 👍🏻

17 minutes ago, unsall said:

I understand that especially seeing Burnley and Preston doing early business, but he wanted to see what he’s got, squad wise while in Portugal and hopefully we are a bit nearer with a few quality signings, think it might be next week before one or two come on board. 
We need to get the permanent signings first because getting the usual loans from premier clubs will be last minute. 

Burnley have done some good business, but Preston have signed Robbie Brady who is crocked and Ben Woodburn who has a lot to prove and is definitely a risk. Wouldn’t be overly enthused if I was a PNE fan, although being a rovers fan “enthused” is the last thing I am right now 😂

4 minutes ago, Butty said:

Got to hope Parks replacement comes in with a “ready to go” list of players. Hopefully Broughton has done his homework and brings someone decent in 👍🏻

or they could just check Park's browser history

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Butty said:

Burnley have done some good business, but Preston have signed Robbie Brady who is crocked and Ben Woodburn who has a lot to prove and is definitely a risk. Wouldn’t be overly enthused if I was a PNE fan, although being a rovers fan “enthused” is the last thing I am right now 😂

i work with few pne fans and they are not happy🙂

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Am I right in thinking , Park only signed Hedges ...?

A Division One trundler at best but he cost money £350000 maybe more ... Ironically he was on a free in the summer...A very strange signing indeed ...

He was here before we signed anyone last summer. He was the one who apparently initially spotted Khadra, ultimately it is hard to judge on such a small budget last season in only one season.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He was here before we signed anyone last summer. He was the one who apparently initially spotted Khadra, ultimately it is hard to judge on such a small budget last season in only one season.

I wasn’t Khadra’s biggest fan either. A bit of a “ Roadrunner “. Beep, Beep.

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Invariably I am underwhelmed, yes. But I make the choice to live in hope because it means I can live the next four weeks happily rather than bitter about something I have no ability to effect.

Its not In my nature to whinge…im grateful for what i have and only worry about stuff that’s within my control. If I can’t fix it, it’s not my problem.

That's fine if that's how you choose to view things. I'm not sure why you expend so much time and energy on castigating people who choose to view it differently though. Adopting a stance of realism based on recent history is perfectly reasonable.

I wonder how much of your emotional gains are outweighed by lamenting the thought processes of your fellow fans (and perhaps the disappointment when what you decided to expect to happen invariably doesn't). That said, this summer there is a bit more room for hope than most, with the new team. You'll note that I, who am often critical of what we do, am advocating patience in this early stage of the window. It's because I think it makes sense, not because of a positive or negative mindset.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Am I right in thinking , Park only signed Hedges ...?

A Division One trundler at best but he cost money £350000 maybe more ... Ironically he was on a free in the summer...A very strange signing indeed ...

think you are being unfair there,i admit i was sceptical on his signing but towards the end of the season he showed enough to demonstrate he was good enough to play in this league,can`t be easy coming to a new club as an experienced pro and being told you need to learn the game by bloody mowbray

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not that 2/3 random other posters could verify it, but who?

Even if it was true, as I said that alone doesn't necessarily mean the sort of despair you are trying to provoke is justified. McGoldrick is also going to Derby ahead of Sheff Utd, again with a likely carrot of regular football.

If something is shared in confidence then you should respect that.  I was confident Hourihane would become a Rover and he ticked a number of boxes.  As he has now joined another club, I did not think it is unreasonable to share what I am confident was a real Rovers' interest/target.

I don't need to provoke despair as you claim.

Such despair has, IMO, been provoked by Rovers for some 12 years now - they do not need my help!

As I posted the other day, 5 automatic selections gone, 5 more squad players gone, not a single signing, the season kicks off in 25 days - who the feck wouldn't despair.  I have had a belly full of 'journeys' and 'players are coming'.  Time some woke up and smelt the coffee.    

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If something is shared in confidence then you should respect that.  I was confident Hourihane would become a Rover and he ticked a number of boxes.  As he has now joined another club, I did not think it is unreasonable to share what I am confident was a real Rovers' interest/target.

I don't need to provoke despair as you claim.

Such despair has, IMO, been provoked by Rovers for some 12 years now - they do not need my help!

As I posted the other day, 5 automatic selections gone, 5 more squad players gone, not a single signing, the season kicks off in 25 days - who the feck wouldn't despair.  I have had a belly full of 'journeys' and 'players are coming'.  Time some woke up and smelt the coffee.    

If its shared in confidence then you surely wouldnt try and verify it by saying that others know without saying who they are! I choose to go off your track record which is shocking to be fair.

Agreed on the 12 years of despair and I am not confident about our window either.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Invariably I am underwhelmed, yes. But I make the choice to live in hope because it means I can live the next four weeks happily rather than bitter about something I have no ability to effect.

The points I made about no head of recruitment, a new manager and a DoF who’s never lived outside of youth football are fact, as is our small budget. So I see no point in driving myself insane because we’re not signing players like Burnley or keeping up with West Brom or Sheff United.

I choose to be hopeful that we can find some rough diamonds and blood some more of our youngsters and then maybe have a little splurge at the end of the window if we sell Brereton.

Its not In my nature to whinge…im grateful for what i have and only worry about stuff that’s within my control. If I can’t fix it, it’s not my problem.

Or you don't want to upset any of your pals in the posh seats more like.

How do you know we have "a small budget" anyway? I can't see anyone at the Club divulging that sort of information with you but if they have, they shouldn't be doing.

5 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

I don't understand some of you people - seeming to enjoying the thought of everything coming crashing down & JDT feckin off. Closely followed by the usual suspects 'liking' said posts. I don't get it... 

He's just as likely to be gone when he realises how miserable & fatalistic some of the fan base are.

Well no, he isn't likely to be gone when he realises how hacked off and pessimistic some of our fan base are. Let's not be melodramatic here. I don't think football fans are renowned for their sunny dispositions. Especially so at a club like ours where the owners are billionaires, but there doesn't seem to be the wherewithal to keep the ground in good nick, there's been a parade of time servers through the club for the last decade or more and add the club stagnates, the only people to have done on out of it appears to be the agents. 

So yeah, I'm pessimistic. Although my post was tongue in cheek, it belies a weary resignation that had become my coping mechanism over twelve very long years. Of course, I how we get promoted and things start to improve, but that's just how talking, you can't live off hope. 

Conversely some people would welcome venkys back with open arms and consider Mowbray to be some sort of legendary messiah, who should have a statue erected in his honour. I don't get that attitude at all, but hey, it's all part of life's rich pageant

• Like 1

I agree i think JDT knows the task hes taken on and he'll only become aware of Vs way of working as we go along.  He has a DoF to work with so most of those issues will be GB's to deal with.

Usually though when a new manager comes in he gets at least one of the players he wants to bring in. Like a gesture of goodwill so lets hope he has his eye on a good striker somewhere as his marquee signing.

99% likely to be a loan obviously.

Edited by tomphil