BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Those 4 players you mention aren't irreplaceable. We will sign players of similar ability or even better.

Haha, totally baseless comment.  2 of those players have gone to a more ambitious Championship team who will very likely finish higher than us this season and one is now playing in the Premier League.  How can you possibly say we will sign players of similar ability or better.  We COULD do, but it's going to be a hell of an uphill battle unless GB and JDT are very well supported financially.

Actions speak louder than words.  A month into Broughton's appointment we've had nothing more than positive soundbites. It can change and we all hope it does, but it won't help resorting to stubborn statements with no substance or evidence.

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I didn't say they were irreplaceable.

But replacing them with as good or better with minimal money is going to be nigh on impossible.

We don't even what money we got to spend. 

Given we a budget I will suggestion some potential signings if you want. 

As pointed out during the contract saga, if we couldn't pay Lenihan and Nyambe what they wanted how are we going to pay as good if not better?

Well that's why you target and scout players within your budget 

And if it was so easy to do better for less cost then why aren't Middlesbrough doing that and saving themselves a heap of money?

We've been had. Hook line and sinker. And my alarm bells are ringing as to the involvement of our former manager in this saga.

I have no idea what the budget or will wage bill there or who they are want 

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ye makes you wonder why Wilder is bothering with Nyambe when he can go get any old League 1 full back instead, ten a penny according to some on here...🤔

I do find it curious that Wilder in particular has gone for Nyambe. He even expects his wider centre backs to contribute going forward, let alone his wing backs. 

Must think that he can get a tune out of him where Mowbray couldn't, but he strikes me as close to the opposite style of full back to what he would usually go for. 

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I do find it curious that Wilder in particular has gone for Nyambe. He even expects his wider centre backs to contribute going forward, let alone his wing backs. 

Must think that he can get a tune out of him where Mowbray couldn't, but he strikes me as close to the opposite style of full back to what he would usually go for. 

Probably thinks if he spends some time actually coaching his final ball then it's probably a 10m full back on his hands.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think you've really dealt with anything I said.

No we don't know what money we have to spend. But given the trajectory of the last 2 years, drastic cutbacks, lack of spending, lack of activity so far and the exodus of key players I think it is probably quite safe to assume at this point there isn't a big budget.

You can spend your days talking about potential players who in all probability won't come here but I think that is a waste of time. I also think that Waggott and the Venky goons want us to do that - be distracted by talk of possibilities none of which will materialise. They then get credit in the bank for 'trying' and failing to sign decent players but the end result is we miss out.

Irrespective of Middlesbrough's budget the point is the same - if it was so easy, straightforward and sensible to get players as good or better than Lenihan and Nyambe, on less money, then surely Middlesbrough would do just that? Or are you saying that they have such scope under FFP that they are able to spend money unnecessarily?

How long until Middlesbrough get their FFP points deduction / embargo? Any year now won't it?

• Backroom
33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Those 4 players you mention aren't irreplaceable. We will sign players of similar ability or even better. 

We been linked with Todd Cantwell 

Just quoting this to come back to as I hope I look daft very soon but I’m be amazed if we do sign players equal to or better than Khadra, Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell in this window 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If we can’t afford the wages of Nyambe and Lenihan, we definitely won’t be able to afford Cantwell. Unless Norwich are feeling incredibly philanthropic of course!

We don't know what Nyambe and Lenihan wanted wage wise. 

We know that we got the same wage bill as last season but more room for wages, So Cantwell could be affordable. 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Just quoting this to come back to as I hope I look daft very soon but I’m be amazed if we do sign players equal to or better than Khadra, Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell in this window 

Somebody tell Chaddy that being linked with a player is the easy bit! Just over 2 weeks till the season starts and not one signing for a team that has been decimated. 

Got faith in the new Coach and Director but the way the Club operates may well drag them down too.

We remain a basket case.

20 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Haha, totally baseless comment.  2 of those players have gone to a more ambitious Championship team who will very likely finish higher than us this season and one is now playing in the Premier League.  How can you possibly say we will sign players of similar ability or better.  We COULD do, but it's going to be a hell of an uphill battle unless GB and JDT are very well supported financially.

Actions speak louder than words.  A month into Broughton's appointment we've had nothing more than positive soundbites. It can change and we all hope it does, but it won't help resorting to stubborn statements with no substance or evidence.

If the Club has handled this properly we would have got £9M for the 3 we lost. That would have given us a good start on its own without having to worry about ffp.

Hopeless.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

With respect, I'm not sure you or anyone on here recommending signings is going to allay any/many fears.  At this precise moment, the transfer window is a disaster, simple as that.   7 or 8 regular first team players gone, Ethan Walker brought in.  The only thing that will change the creeping panic is proper action.  Anything else is window dressing.

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy, not being funny but can you please proof read what you type. 
This one isn’t to bad but some are completely incoherent 
I can understand if your on the go, like we all do at times
Apologies, i dont mean to cause offence 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

@chaddyroversI'm not sure if we will sign better.

What's to say we'll find anything near the quality of Nyambe?

Faith in Gregg Broughton and Jon Dahl Tomasson.

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I don't think you've really dealt with anything I said.

No we don't know what money we have to spend. But given the trajectory of the last 2 years, drastic cutbacks, lack of spending, lack of activity so far and the exodus of key players I think it is probably quite safe to assume at this point there isn't a big budget.

I dealt with them all. 

Gregg Broughton has said we have a healthy budget to clubs without Parachute payments. 

You can spend your days talking about potential players who in all probability won't come here but I think that is a waste of time. I also think that Waggott and the Venky goons want us to do that - be distracted by talk of possibilities none of which will materialise. They then get credit in the bank for 'trying' and failing to sign decent players but the end result is we miss out.

All of my suggestions are sensible, achievable and fit our budget in my opinion. 

Irrespective of Middlesbrough's budget the point is the same - if it was so easy, straightforward and sensible to get players as good or better than Lenihan and Nyambe, on less money, then surely Middlesbrough would do just that? Or are you saying that they have such scope under FFP that they are able to spend money unnecessarily?

How long until Middlesbrough get their FFP points deduction / embargo? Any year now won't it?

Boro are selling one of the players Spence to Spurs or someone else for 20 million pounds. So no problem with FFP. 

I don't know where Boro are with FFP in the past years. I have taken no interest in them

19 minutes ago, 47er said:

If the Club has handled this properly we would have got £9M for the 3 we lost. That would have given us a good start on its own without having to worry about ffp.

Hopeless.

I mentioned this earlier, with the money wasted we could of filled ewood for a full season for free!

As for the chicken chokers if they can afford to throw away £9m ... then good luck to them. Unfortunately we cant!
 Heads should/must roll for this

As for the new recruits, im beginning to think we wont sign anyone until bbd is sold

Edited by pomster
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We don't know what Nyambe and Lenihan wanted wage wise. 

We know that we got the same wage bill as last season but more room for wages, So Cantwell could be affordable. 

At the moment Cantwell is on around the same weekly wage as Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe combined, so we'll need a lot of leeway from Norwich to look at signing him.

It would be far cheaper to have just increased the 3 salaries than try and sign 3 new players of equal or better ability.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Probably thinks if he spends some time actually coaching his final ball then it's probably a 10m full back on his hands.

We'll have to wait and see on that one.

I liked Nyambe, but sometimes players just have weak aspects to their game. For all of Mowbray's serious flaws, he was talking about working on Nyambe's attacking for years now, so it's not as though it wasn't recognised. 

Too easy to blame the last manager on that one for me. Far more likely that he's just got a low ceiling on that side of his game.

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

Hopeless.

That is certainly how I "feel"...but my guess is that they wouldn't sign because they knew for some time -from agents etc- that better deals were available from other clubs.

I also think that the players "see" that ours is a club with no ambition to get out of this league-upwards anyway! Of course, decisions over he last decade do nothing to challenge that position.

Rovers masquerading as Crewe Alexandra?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Boro are selling one of the players Spence to Spurs or someone else for 20 million pounds. So no problem with FFP. 

I don't know where Boro are with FFP in the past years. I have taken no interest in them

We sold Armstrong for £15 million and still supposedly had a FFP problem.

And we will have to sell Brereton for hopefully similar.

On the contrary I recall you confidently predicting that Middlesbrough along with other rival clubs would face FFP sanctions due to their spending. That hasn't happened, they've poached our assets and now you are rowing back. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

We'll have to wait and see on that one.

I liked Nyambe, but sometimes players just have weak aspects to their game. For all of Mowbray's serious flaws, he was talking about working on Nyambe's attacking for years now, so it's not as though it wasn't recognised. 

Too easy to blame the last manager on that one for me. Far more likely that he's just got a low ceiling on that side of his game.

Rubbish, he's not been coached you can tell, he's not done repetition getting to the byline and pulling it back etc....the guy is a top notch full back and to say he can't learn is not right..it most certainly is the fault of our coaching department. 

If I could be arsed I could find at least 10 goals which he's set up so to say he can't do it is bollards

• Like 6