BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

23 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Brittain at Barnsley could be picked up for a reasonable fee and after watching him a fair bit he would definitely be an upgrade on Nyambe attacking wise and he defends well enough aswell 

Don't know much about him other than the fact he's been touted many times on this m/b.

Have we ever been officially linked with him though? If he did sign perhaps we could put your assertion to the test.

11 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Not even in Nyambes class based on 6 appearances, half of which were sub appearances in stupid positions? Give it a rest. He wasn't much use to us but none of us are in a position to say that based on ability.

You can maybe get all "I told you so" when we see who Nyambe's replacement actually is.

Bit premature at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't know much about him other than the fact he's been touted many times on this m/b.

Have we ever been officially linked with him though? If he did sign perhaps we could put your assertion to the test.

Sharpe mentioned an interest in him last season.

I'd take him and Styles from Barnsley altho Styles fee may be a bit higher now he switched allegiance to Hungary and is playing international football.

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So despite the much vaunted business this week talk.  It looks like no business this week.

Quelle surprise.

Yep.

Story in the LT week before last:

"Progress made with various transfer targets. Hopefully of getting a couple of deals over the line next week."

Nothing happened.

Story from Sharpe's sunbed this week -Ditto. See above.

Next week?

Have to say it is getting somewhat worrying despite wanting to put 100% confidence and faith in JDT.  Does anyone else also not find it noticeable how quiet both him and GB have suddenly gone after the initial daily blaze of feel good publicity when they were appointed?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Wonder if JDT would be able to get a tune out of Zeefuik 🤷‍♂️ 

Seemed to have the energy and attitude to suit a pressing game, just seemed very lost positionaly under Mowbray(but then thats no surprise...) 

Also didn't seem robust enough for the championship and easily frustrated.

Beggars can't be choosers though he was better than Paul Caddis or playing a midfielder there.

Sadly i think we'll see JRC in rwb again.

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep.

Story in the LT week before last:

"Progress made with various transfer targets. Hopefully of getting a couple of deals over the line next week."

Nothing happened.

Story from Sharpe's sunbed this week -Ditto. See above.

Next week?

Have to say it is getting somewhat worrying despite wanting to put 100% confidence and faith in JDT.  Does anyone else also not find it noticeable how quiet both him and GB have suddenly gone after the initial daily blaze of feel good publicity when they were appointed?

Well they have been away in Portugal and the person who would try asking the questions is away.

Be a worry if no comment by JDT after the game Saturday 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Wonder if JDT would be able to get a tune out of Zeefuik 🤷‍♂️ 

Seemed to have the energy and attitude to suit a pressing game, just seemed very lost positionaly under Mowbray(but then thats no surprise...) 

Far too injury prone.

26 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Sharpe mentioned an interest in him last season.

I'd take him and Styles from Barnsley altho Styles fee may be a bit higher now he switched allegiance to Hungary and is playing international football.

Pretty sure Chaddy will tell you he's mentioned Styles and Brittan as ideal signings. Styles a strange one for him though considering he's an ex dingle. 

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Does anyone else also not find it noticeable how quiet both him and GB have suddenly gone after the initial daily blaze of feel good publicity when they were appointed?

Noticeable? Yes. Odd? No, not at all. I'm sure they're focusing on getting on with the job, and I'm glad of it. They're new to the club and there's a lot to do. If anyone should be giving updates, it's Waggott, who now probably has less work to do with GB here. And frankly I'm not really interested in what he has to say anyway.

8 hours ago, phili said:

At the moment Cantwell is on around the same weekly wage as Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe combined, so we'll need a lot of leeway from Norwich to look at signing him.

It would be far cheaper to have just increased the 3 salaries than try and sign 3 new players of equal or better ability.

I am roughly aware of what Cantwell is on but given the room in our wage bill now, we can afford to pay him this. 

I'm sure we will sign players of at least of similar quality or even better. 

7 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Impossible when our only journalist is on holiday 

So why can't they used the Rovers website and RoversTV to do an interview to reassures the fans

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

We sold Armstrong for £15 million and still supposedly had a FFP problem.

And we will have to sell Brereton for hopefully similar.

On the contrary I recall you confidently predicting that Middlesbrough along with other rival clubs would face FFP sanctions due to their spending. That hasn't happened, they've poached our assets and now you are rowing back. 

We didn't get 15 million but around 10 million after Newcastle got their cut. That went towards to cover the debt from last season. 

If I remember correctly, I posted a story about Boro and Stoke being in trouble with FFP and could be in trouble with sanctions. 

6 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Who needs Nyambe anyway when you’ve got Hayden Carter!

Looks very good  Hayden Carter in that. 

45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You can maybe get all "I told you so" when we see who Nyambe's replacement actually is.

Bit premature at this point.

No element  of I told you so on my part, my point was that there's no way you can make a comparison on ability purely based on the little game time Zeefuik had for us, especially when the nobhead in charge played him out of position for part of his time here.

The only thing we can say is he's either a crock or had bad luck. We'll never know unless someone can be arsed to follow his career from now onwards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

No element  of I told you so on my part, my point was that there's no way you can make a comparison on ability purely based on the little game time Zeefuik had for us, especially when the nobhead in charge played him out of position for part of his time here.

The only thing we can say is he's either a crock or had bad luck. We'll never know unless someone can be arsed to follow his career from now onwards.

Fair enough.

I thought everyone was seduced by that exciting charge toward goal in his first cameo appearance at home.

Apart from that I thought he was bloody awful and I think we saw enough of him to form an impression personally.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why is it a "rather" situation? We need at least 2 midfielders with 3 going out, I suggested a more experienced option like Hourihane AND potentially someone of the age range of the players you mention whereby you bring in a potential asset AND get some much needed experience into the club.

Cos both of them 2 who develop and improve here. Both are good player and the right age to grow here into their prime. 

Plenty of championship experience players who are under 28 now. 

I don't feel that him would be what we need or fit how JDT will play

What a statement that is, especially with such assertiveness.

I have full faith in Rovers, Gregg Broughton and Jon Dahl Tomasson to bring in good quality players in. It could be a couple of weeks before we make our first signing depends who we are targeting. 

I am very skeptical of our ability to sign equal or better replacements for the outgoings, but I would say that Nyambe is probably the easiest of the departees to replace.

why are you sceptical? 

QPR are trying to get Millwall right back Dan McNamara on a cheap deal as he has only one year left on his contract. I suspect not but I wonder if he would be of interest.

Why? you seen much of him? what are his strengths and Weaknesses? Thanks in advance.