BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos both of them 2 who develop and improve here. Both are good player and the right age to grow here into their prime. 

Plenty of championship experience players who are under 28 now. 

I don't feel that him would be what we need or fit how JDT will play

I have full faith in Rovers, Gregg Broughton and Jon Dahl Tomasson to bring in good quality players in. It could be a couple of weeks before we make our first signing depends who we are targeting. 

why are you sceptical? 

Why? you seen much of him? what are his strengths and Weaknesses? Thanks in advance. 

You haven't read my post, and have continued to assume that I suggested Hourihane INSTEAD of a player of the sort of age range that you suggested. A player in his early to mid 20s to grow and a more experienced option to give us a bit more know how and proven quality. Ticking 2 different boxes with 2 such signings, with potentially one fee required, to boost an area which is particularly depleted after 3 first team exits.

A couple more weeks before a first signing would be no good, that would make it very difficult to get involved before our first game. I would be very disappointed if that was the case and if there was any truth in the LT article, it would suggest that a number of deals have hit snags. IF we haven't signed a player by that last friendly at Lincoln, would you be at all conerned/frustrated out of interest? And before you suggest it, I am not advocating signing inferior players.

Why am I skeptical? Because we have lost a number of key players including our captain, our player of the season, our only competent right back, a key midfielder who has since gone to the Premier League and also a winger who played regularly, all with no money coming in. We will also likely sell our only goalscorer from last season. To replace or even better that calibre of players with a few million under a strict wage ceiling and in a market with additional work permit restrictions will be incredibly difficult.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am roughly aware of what Cantwell is on but given the room in our wage bill now, we can afford to pay him this. 

I'm sure we will sign players of at least of similar quality or even better. 

So why can't they used the Rovers website and RoversTV to do an interview to reassures the fans

We didn't get 15 million but around 10 million after Newcastle got their cut. That went towards to cover the debt from last season. 

If I remember correctly, I posted a story about Boro and Stoke being in trouble with FFP and could be in trouble with sanctions. 

Looks very good  Hayden Carter in that. 

I wouldn’t bother with anymore shots from distance, that one will be hard to beat.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

You haven't read my post, and have continued to assume that I suggested Hourihane INSTEAD of a player of the sort of age range that you suggested. A player in his early to mid 20s to grow and a more experienced option to give us a bit more know how and proven quality. Ticking 2 different boxes with 2 such signings, with potentially one fee required, to boost an area which is particularly depleted after 3 first team exits.

I have read your post so please stop this nonsense. 

I think we only need 2 centre midfielder signings and then use Garrett who I think is ready for first team action here. Plus we have Travis and Buckley aswell which would give us 5 centre midfielders 

I would look to sign 2 players between 22 to 26. Players who will develop and play in the prime here or develop so well we sell them for a profit. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A couple more weeks before a first signing would be no good, that would make it very difficult to get involved before our first game. I would be very disappointed if that was the case and if there was any truth in the LT article, it would suggest that a number of deals have hit snags. IF we haven't signed a player by that last friendly at Lincoln, would you be at all conerned/frustrated out of interest? And before you suggest it, I am not advocating signing inferior players.

A player could be involved in our first game just like Kaminski was when he signed 3 weeks before the season started and had to quarantine due to Covid rules and he played in the first game. Plus it would depends whether he is match fit if you sign a player who has been playing regular in the league or pre season games. 

No I would not be concerned or frustrated as the transfer market is what it is. 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why am I skeptical? Because we have lost a number of key players including our captain, our player of the season, our only competent right back, a key midfielder who has since gone to the Premier League and also a winger who played regularly, all with no money coming in. We will also likely sell our only goalscorer from last season. To replace or even better that calibre of players with a few million under a strict wage ceiling and in a market with additional work permit restrictions will be incredibly difficult.

Yes we have lost several players who played a major part in the season but they are all replaceable with similar or better quality. 

All come back to having a good recruitment department and knowing who you want and going for them. On the work permit rules are there and your recruitment department will know them so will only suggested players who met them. There is a website that can tell whether a player meets the rules so Rovers will use a similar system

Its the same wage budget as last season. I wouldn't say its strict at all. 

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

our only competent right back,

No clue why you continuously use adjectives like this to describe our players, like competent and incompetent

It literally makes no sense

Notwithstanding the fact that Dan Pike is an extremely "competent" footballer. He'd run rings around you. But he's a young lad and he's good

So is Brown. He looked more than "competent" with a ball at his feet against one of Birmingham City's best players. Was you there or was you pretending he was incompetent on here? Blues fans talked him up after the game as a decent defender

Compare and contrast with your views on signings our 6 fingered neighbours make. Some lad you had never heard of but described as interesting, young and fast, after scoring a few goals in the Turkish league and 2 in the Belgian league. Meanwhile our lads aren't competent

You are on the bloody wind up, it's the only way to explain it

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Antonio Colak now gone to Rangers … JDT & Rovers miss  out …….was one of the targets ….loan with option .. 

I called this one when he was first appointed. Been following their pursuit of him, many articles said other interested parties which I knew would be us but was well aware we wouldn't be able to compete with the wages Rangers are offering. 

So far, I'm not impressed with the lack of pull for the better previous players that the coach has worked with. 

25 minutes ago, Neal said:

So far, I'm not impressed with the lack of pull for the better previous players that the coach has worked with. 

We are skint Neal, they’ll not play for peanuts regardless of who the manager is.

JDT is now working under the same financial restraints as Mowbray, time to earn his money and use those European contacts, or we’re right in the mire.

• Like 1

Missed Out FC. We'll be able to make an 11 from it soon. That's Anel, Hourihane and Colak in the team for now. Thanks for the update, Unleaded. Always appreciated.

There will be many more that we 'miss out' on from now until the window shuts as part of the PR scramble.

Swag should use that as part of his marketing ploy. Make sure YOU don't miss out! Season tickets from only £430.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Missed Out FC. We'll be able to make an 11 from it soon. That's Anel, Hourihane and Colak in the team for now. Thanks for the update, Unleaded. Always appreciated.

There will be many more that we 'miss out' on from now until the window shuts as part of the PR scramble.

Swag should use that as part of his marketing ploy. Make sure YOU don't miss out! Season tickets from only £430.

Hourihane is just another Bradley Johnson signing for me; the ones I would like us to stay clear of. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Hourihane is just another Bradley Johnson signing for me; the ones I would like us to stay clear of. 

Fair enough. I think he could have offered us something. Good passer, experienced, has done it in this league before.

There's time to be proven wrong yet, but the way things are looking so far, we could struggle to find better than Hourihane on this meagre budget. I hope JDT has other ideas, obviously, and pulls one or two out of the bag.

28 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Warburton is in David Moyes ear regarding  Ben Brereton Diaz like he did with Mowbray !! 

Good, give Ben his chance and give Rovers an opportunity. 

• Like 2

Colak is 28, 29 soon, and frankly his CV is uninspiring for a forward. Mostly played in poor leagues and only had a good goalscoring record in a few seasons (in the German 4th tier, top Croatian league twice, and last season with Malmo) and an ok season in the Polish top tier (10 goals in 30). Just before Malmo, with PAOK in Greece, he was a 1 in 7 guy at his best. His best spell in the Bundesliga was 4 goals in 22 games.

I'm not mad about missing this one, on paper anyway.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Colak is 28, 29 soon, and frankly his CV is uninspiring for a forward. Mostly played in poor leagues and only had a good goalscoring record in a few seasons (in the German 4th tier, top Croatian league twice, and last season with Malmo) and an ok season in the Polish top tier (10 goals in 30). Just before Malmo, with PAOK in Greece, he was a 1 in 7 guy at his best. His best spell in the Bundesliga was 4 goals in 22 games.

I'm not mad about missing this one, on paper anyway.

But half the thread needs a pat on the fucking back for mentioning him when we appointed JDT 😁