BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

19 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Nyambe not in the starting XI again for Wigan. Hard to fathom how he thought going there was a better option than staying at Rovers.

Perhaps he thought he wouldn't get into JDT's Rovers side, so opted for a move, who knows. At the moment who cares ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I think overall, this is a really good community tbh. I’ve met people from the forum in real life who are sound and I’d class them as pals. I also know quite a few people that post on here too that I knew already. Does the ‘group think’ lean towards the negative side? Probably.

Is that because of the damage Venky’s have done to the club since they’ve owned us? I’d say most definitely. I suspect there’s more to it than that, but- some people are glass half full, some glass half empty. It’s only pixels on a screen, in any event.

What doesn’t help, is people telling people what to think and when they’re allowed to make judgments. Or conversely, when people are labelled ‘happy clappers’ when they have a different viewpoint. 

Everyone had a right to their opinion, however much you may disagree with them. Whether that be politics (not in the football forum please), music, food, or anything else that may matter to you in life the most.

From this forum, I’ve picked up a few things- whether that’s new metaphors, improved vocabulary or even putting myself forward to be a mod, or to be on the fans forum, I’d say as a whole, it’s been massively beneficial on a personal level. 

Do I spend far too much time on here?
Absolutely, it’s bordering on obsession. But, that’s mostly due to being obsessed with the fortunes of the club that is the reason we all visited here in the first place.

On this forum, as with life in general, I think we need to focus on what unites us, rather than what divides us.

Anyway, I’m rambling. Enjoy this hot weather everyone- it won’t be about forever!

Amen 👊🏻

2 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Nyambe not in the starting XI again for Wigan. Hard to fathom how he thought going there was a better option than staying at Rovers.

He didn’t pal. JDT & GB withdrew the contract offer when they realised they could save themselves 4yrs of his wages and get Brittain in for LESS money (In total).

Nyambe and his agent have absolutely blown it. Where are those who were predicting he would be plating in the PL and that his loss would decimate us now?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It's because he hasn't had a pre season so isn't match fit.

It’s cos he’s shit

Edited by Mellor Rover

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He didn’t pal. JDT & GB withdrew the contract offer when they realised they could save themselves 4yrs of his wages and get Brittain in for LESS money (In total).

Nyambe and his agent have absolutely blown it. Where are those who were predicting he would be plating in the PL and that his loss would decimate us now?

Did cost us a million to replace him though not the few hundred grand presumed !

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Did cost us a million to replace him though not the few hundred grand presumed !

Impossible to know. However, as most of us did predict, he’s been replaced with little or no pain and the only time we do remember him is when we point out that he could never have done this or that whilst watching Brittain play.

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I would say more along the lines of, a million to improve on Nyambe, in the system JDT wants to play. Not just replace him.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Impossible to know. However, as most of us did predict, he’s been replaced with little or no pain and the only time we do remember him is when we point out that he could never have done this or that whilst watching Brittain play.

Most? 

Deluded.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Got done over by his agent, yes. But now he is apparently sh it. Check stats when he was and wasnt playing for us. Mani, i thought you big up academy lads - dude was with us for how many years?

I love the academy, but I watch football with my eyes mate. I wanted Nyambe to stay because he was decent and one of our own. But at the point it was apparent he was going to leave I expressed openly that he would be the easiest to replace. At this stage there were quite a few in here talking up Nyambe as a PL standard full back and saying we would regret his loss.

Nyambe is not shit. He’s just ‘decent’. Him turning down a 4yr contract from Rovers is probably the worst decision of his life. I’m gutted for him as a person, I believe he’s a great lad. He’s just not a great right back.

• Like 3