BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

32 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Tom Barkhuizen anyone?

Don't like his goal record one bit, but then again that includes spells at being played out wide and even as a wing back. 

We need numbers across the park, so i) if he's completely injury free, and ii) asking for sensible wages then I wouldn't be against taking him as a squaddie. Under no circumstances can we be signing him with expectations of him being a key goal threat. 

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

What about Barry Bannon from Wednesday if they don't get promotion? 

Always looked a decent player to me and seems to give 100 %. 

Lads a good player, but we couldn’t afford his wages.

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Depends or not if he wants to rough it in league 1 again. 

With only a few years left as a pro, would he rather play in the championship for a bit less? He's hardly likely to be skint. 

Be interested to know what his weekly salary at Wednesday is tbh. 

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

good player,getting to the veteran stage now,to say we can`t afford his wages when he plays for sheff wed,who are completely brassic and a division below us is a bit of a daft claim,i did hear there was a lad at chorley who has  a big future,we could`nt afford his wages apparently😁

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

Managers at BRFC get owner input to allow a competitive midtable budget and pay several players 14k pwk or above.

8 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Depends or not if he wants to rough it in league 1 again. 

With only a few years left as a pro, would he rather play in the championship for a bit less? He's hardly likely to be skint. 

Be interested to know what his weekly salary at Wednesday is tbh. 

Loyal to Wednesday, I’m told he’s on £20k per week, highest paid player in league 1, which puts him over our wage structure.

Good player, sublime pass for the goal last night, good shout Aqualung.

Edited by Gav

Very technically gifted player is Bannan, but really not what we need in my view. Bearing in mind that our midfield next year is already going to be including Buckley and possibly Dack, we need someone with the physicality to get about the pitch better than Bannan at this stage in his career. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Very technically gifted player is Bannan, but really not what we need in my view. Bearing in mind that our midfield next year is already going to be including Buckley and possibly Dack, we need someone with the physicality to get about the pitch better than Bannan at this stage in his career. 

Totally agree - in the two play off matches he disappeared for long spells - we need a physical player with good height (if we dont play three centre halves the team looks to be lacking in height).

7 hours ago, Gav said:

Loyal to Wednesday, I’m told he’s on £20k per week, highest paid player in league 1, which puts him over our wage structure.

Good player, sublime pass for the goal last night, good shout Aqualung.

About what we're paying for Ayala then.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rigger said:

Would he come to probably sit on the bench ?

Well if the Championship team of the season is anything to go off - it should be him and Lenihan* as first choice, with Wharton as back-up.  

image.png.0a41bf4310ce10449e397cbbc10f67ac.png

EDIT* - I've somehow got it in my head that Lenihan is staying. Not sure why.

Edited by LeftWinger
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well if the Championship team of the season is anything to go off - it should be him and Lenihan* as first choice, with Wharton as back-up.  

image.png.0a41bf4310ce10449e397cbbc10f67ac.png

EDIT* - I've somehow got it in my head that Lenihan is staying. Not sure why.

I would put Ayala ahead of him.