BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

4 minutes ago, TruRover said:

If it were up to me I would get Ismael or Jokanvic in now. Try and save the season and if not gives the new man a head start on the summer. 

Ismael gone to Besiktas. Yet still some would argue Mowbray is better than him 

Bilic, Farke or Jokanovic are the big options to go for 

If we are looking down the divisions I'd be interested in Manning at MK Dons. Automatic promotion push in his first season and very highly rated.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Ismael gone to Besiktas. Yet still some would argue Mowbray is better than him 

Bilic, Farke or Jokanovic are the big options to go for 

If we are looking down the divisions I'd be interested in Manning at MK Dons. Automatic promotion push in his first season and very highly rated.

i don`t think bilic will come here,id`e love one of the other two,farke in particular,he plays football where the ball goes forwards

29 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think bilic will come here,id`e love one of the other two,farke in particular,he plays football where the ball goes forwards

I’m not convinced. In fact I’m pretty sure he’s only ever been hired because he’s got a German accent, wacky hair and Klopp is doing well. 

It needs to be someone who knows how to work with and develop young players that's a must here now. Also another vital is being able to work the loan market to maximum effect. 

Otherwise there isn't much point i'm afraid.

I, like the many fans have had my fill of captain charisma now and want him gone. I am worried though that he ends up going to India, charming madam and ending up with a 5 year contract. Many people seem confident he is gone at the end of the season when his contract runs out. I hope this is not misplaced.

If replacing him is the plan then a normal run club would have his replacement lined up by now. I worry that it drags on and God wiling we have a new face, they aren't able to plan properly before pre season.

8 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Would Rafa Benitez come to Blackburn?  The club needs a biggish name to attract good players. 

Bed time time Nuttall, you’ve had enough to drink today. 

• Like 7

Rovers needs a manager with profile the ones we've had in the last 10 years fit in with the mostly midtable water treading ambitions.  Apart from Coyle who wasn't even that good.

It's just another penny that never drops in Pune maybe someone should try and explain it to them in motor racing terms. You can have the fastest car on the track but if you don't have the best driver for the job you won't win enough races.

If we want promotion and if they wan't to attract players and get bigger crowds we need a good manager with a bit of clout. They have the wonga that's the most annoying thing about it but they'd rather just waste it.

• Backroom
4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Mowbray and co(Venus, Lowe, Benson and Park) are leaving when their contracts ends then I would right now be looking to appoint a director of football then appoint first team head coach and head of recruitment before the end of May/Start of June.

I would be looking at former Celtic and Reading director of football Nicky Hammond or former WBA Director of football Luke Dowling. Then I would look to first team head coach who will be in charge of first team matters who is good tactical, good coach and has a background in developing young players. I wish we could have got Steve Cooper when he was available but I don't see him leaving them for us. So I would look at Damien Johnson, Ryan Mason from Spurs, Jason Wilcox from Man City or Rob Edwards at Forest Green Rovers to fill this position. At the same time I would be looking to appoint a new Head of Recruitment and Would look at bringing in Ian Pearce who is in charge of recruitment at WBA and has been linked with similar position at Bristol City recent months.   

I am a fan of the work Steve Cooper has done at Swansea and Forest during his short managerial career and just how he improves and developing players. I would like Rovers to follow a similar path now

Is Dowling the same fellow who was Head of Recruitment under Appleton? Wow he's made a great career of himself.

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Is Dowling the same fellow who was Head of Recruitment under Appleton? Wow he's made a great career of himself.

Yes it is. 

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If it’s Tony’s definition of a youngster it’s probably chapman

The player in question is Luke Brennan