BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

Very interesting thread started and post by @TheRoversReturn. You make some good points there. 

On Mowbray's future, I would get him a new contract if we get promote or achieve a top 6 finish but no promotion. If we don't achieve top 6 at all then I think we need a change of manager. 

Any new manager need to be able develop our academy players and bring through into the first team, good tactical and has modern training methods. 

Here my shortlist

Damien Johnson as internal candidate 

Neil Critchley from Blackpool

Mark Robins from Coventry

Paul Warne from Rotherham

Gareth Ainsworth from Wycombe

2 Left field choices

Rob Edwards from Forest Green Rovers(could be another Steve Cooper)

Kjetil Knutsen from bodo glimt in Norway. 

Recruitment for next season will be crucial in the summer and thats why I hope that John Park our chief scout and his scouts and data analysis people are already identify players we need. I will do a more in depth recruitment plan on Sunday when I had time to look into squad needs for next season and players I would look at recruit. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very interesting thread started and post by @TheRoversReturn. You make some good points there. 

On Mowbray's future, I would get him a new contract if we get promote or achieve a top 6 finish but no promotion. If we don't achieve top 6 at all then I think we need a change of manager. 

Any new manager need to be able develop our academy players and bring through into the first team, good tactical and has modern training methods. 

Here my shortlist

Damien Johnson as internal candidate 

Neil Critchley from Blackpool

Mark Robins from Coventry

Paul Warne from Rotherham

Gareth Ainsworth from Wycombe

2 Left field choices

Rob Edwards from Forest Green Rovers(could be another Steve Cooper)

Kjetil Knutsen from bodo glimt in Norway. 

Recruitment for next season will be crucial in the summer and thats why I hope that John Park our chief scout and his scouts and data analysis people are already identify players we need. I will do a more in depth recruitment plan on Sunday when I had time to look into squad needs for next season and players I would look at recruit. 

The Bodo Glimt manager? Do you watch a lot of Norwegian football?

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here is post from a Rovers scout John Brown on LinkedIn 

Screenshot_20220310-175019_LinkedIn.jpg

Summed up as:

A man who owes his job to Mowbray brown noses Mowbray

Wouldn't trust anyone who can't spell honour correctly

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Summed up as:

A man who owes his job to Mowbray brown noses Mowbray

Wouldn't trust anyone who can't spell honour correctly

Your response doesn't surprised Jim but John Brown will know what is going on behind the scenes and know much more than we do. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Does that matter? 

We had a post on here from a Rovers fan who is Norway based and given us an in depth report on him. 

Who are your suggestions than?

I wouldn't know where to begin.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Your response doesn't surprised Jim but John Brown will know what is going on behind the scenes and know much more than we do. 

No one would come out and say "thank god I am away from that idiot, I hated working for him" is he?

Not saying that working for Mowbray isn't good, it may well be, but take such statements with a pinch of salt.

• Like 2

Players out: Brereton, Rothwell, Lenihan, Nyambe, Johnson and Davenport. Perhaps Phillips but I dont know enough to say. 

Mowbray 100% has to go. We need a clear plan in order to get back to the premier league and I believe what the club is best at is developing youth players. Therefore, we need a manager with a good pedigree at getting the most out of youth team players and also improving players in general. We then set up of a system of buying young/project players and the academy, then improving them and cashing in to fund solid purchases. 

Edited by CambridgeRover

From what I’m told there’s an open secret at Brockhall that Tony stays regardless of this season. Owners trust him, the Rovers staff are built around him, the players like him. 

36 minutes ago, J*B said:

From what I’m told there’s an open secret at Brockhall that Tony stays regardless of this season. Owners trust him, the Rovers staff are built around him, the players like him. 

Jobs for life used to be confined to banks and the civil service

Never come across it in football before

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J*B said:

The last open secret was Mowbray was being sacked in April 21, then summer 21, now he’s safe in 22 😂

Not aimed at you J*B, but the Brockhall rumour mill is complete and utter bullshit with respect, but I think this ones a safe bet without insider information. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, J*B said:

if we had a competent ceo/chairman who actually knew about the game,he`s be telling tony "thanks for the last five years,but now we need a younger manager with fresh ideas" then get on the phone to rooney`s agent asking him if he wants the job here,whats he`s done at derby is very impressive

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if we had a competent ceo/chairman who actually knew about the game,he`s be telling tony "thanks for the last five years,but now we need a younger manager with fresh ideas" then get on the phone to rooney`s agent asking him if he wants the job here,whats he`s done at derby is very impressive

Rooney's a great shout.  He would be able to attract good players also.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I'm told very different to this personally, but everyone hears different things I suppose.

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The guy at Bolton is a decent outside bet. Of course we are talking football logic here and that doesn’t apply at Rovers so it could be anybody. I’m pretty long suffering but another season of Mowbray would be a step too far for me.

Five months in the top 6 must be awful for you Tyrone.

What the hell has happened to this site? 

When did success, all be it under these Venky rats, be seen as failure?

This season is the best season we've had under Venkys and the manager is getting pelters?

3 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

What a load of sycophantic bullshit 🤣

Agree. What's the point of running through a brick wall? I just want someone to put that spherical thing between those 2 sticks. Its not that hard is it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

This season is the best season we've had under Venkys and the manager is getting pelters?

I goal in 8 games might have something to do with it Gav. The effects of that pre-Christmas run are fast wearing out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’ve had enough of rewarding failure at the club. Would they keep you on at your place of work if you kept fucking up ?  Most of the places I worked at you were only as good as the last job that went through the door. He’s had 5 years. If we are really lucky we’ll be exactly where we are now in another 5 years.if we’re unlucky …

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Bodo Glimt manager? Do you watch a lot of Norwegian football?

Strange request for a manager suggestion. I don’t watch a lot of Norwegian football but I know this guy is very highly regarded, look at their results in Europe is enough to convince me that he would be worth a crack. 6-0 v Roma, dismantled Celtic with ease 

• Like 1