BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

cut down on the funny fags mate,they don`t do you any good in the long run

Quality post, we'll let the board decide, you can't hide the tripe you've posted 😀

Edited by Gav

5 hours ago, J*B said:

From what I’m told there’s an open secret at Brockhall that Tony stays regardless of this season. Owners trust him, the Rovers staff are built around him, the players like him. 

That’s Mowbray off at the end of the season then. Thanks as always Josh 🙌🏻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think the one thing we have learnt in recent months is that no one really knows what is going on behind the scenes. Just over a month ago, Rothwell was down on the south coast signing his deal at Bournemouth whilst simultaneously training at Brockhall. 

Does that analysis warrant not being able to stand him?

How does he show a lack of ambition? Its the owners that show ambition or not by how much money they put in. You can question his competence although if we finish this season where we

Its quite clearly a post of hyperbole as this time 4 years ago we was about to clinch promotion. The season after was a comfortable finish, then we beat that by 4 places, then last season was shit and he should have gone. He didnt and unexpectedly he has us in the play offs, if we finish there he deserves credit that seemingly wont be forthcoming from many on here. If he doesnt make the play offs then by all means its time to look elsewhere.

Was the football good in league 1? I don’t remember smashing teams. We had dack and Graham that could dig us out a hole in 30-45 min spells in games, but I remember thinking at the time it was poor. Then the whole not winning the league debacle, I knew then mowbray wasn’t the man for me. Not a winner, happy to just get by. 
from them In the champ it’s been same old rollercoaster seasons, same mistakes, same trying to play the players in positions that don’t suit them, same strange transfers not addressing key positions, 

imagine mowbray in the prem? Hahahahahaha . No thanks

i disagree with you on most things, il just add this to the list 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Was the football good in league 1? I don’t remember smashing teams. We had dack and Graham that could dig us out a hole in 30-45 min spells in games, but I remember thinking at the time it was poor. Then the whole not winning the league debacle, I knew then mowbray wasn’t the man for me. Not a winner, happy to just get by. 
from them In the champ it’s been same old rollercoaster seasons, same mistakes, same trying to play the players in positions that don’t suit them, same strange transfers not addressing key positions, 

You have said repeatedly Mowbray is not the man for you which is fair enough. He delivered promotion and that's wad the aim. Just look at how long it's taken other teams to get promoted from league like Sheffield United, Leeds and teams like Sunderland can't get promote

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The difference between us now and where we were in the 80's is that we actually had ambition back then.

The club genuinely had little to no money yet still had aspirations of promotion and even winning trophies.

Now we have owners who are supposedly billionaires yet we are in a worse place than where we were back then. 

Crumbling infrastructure, sub standard pitch and zero desire for anything better than mid table mediocre anonymity. 

The whole situation is totally unacceptable. 

.........and a largely harmonious fanbase, with no symptoms of Stockholm Syndrome.

• Like 6

We all year things but the truth is nobody knows. We have errant, disinterested owners who still rely on self serving advisors. In my view the biggest indicator is Mowbray going to India. They don't have the bollocks to sack him face to face so why is he going?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gav said:

You can't hide the posts above Asia:

Here is what you said  -  McKay never had the 80s equivalent of today's 5 million to spend on one player

Gary Lineker he bid for

Sheringham he bid for

Andy Payton he bid for

David Speedie he bid for

Mike Newell be bid for

Over to you....

Don had access to JW money for a limited time. He couldn't attract the likes of Lineker hence JW moved on to King Kenny.

For most od Don's time at Rovers he had very limited cash available and Saxton near as no matter none.

Anyway the playoff final defeat and FMC were achieved on very little cash. I know that. You know that or should as the self appointed Rovers history ace. That made me laugh.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Don had access to JW money for a limited time. He couldn't attract the likes of Lineker hence JW moved on to King Kenny.

For most od Don's time at Rovers he had very limited cash available and Saxton near as no matter none.

Anyway the playoff final defeat and FMC were achieved on very little cash. I know that. You know that or should as the self appointed Rovers history ace. That made me laugh.

I don't disagree with any of that Asia.

We had some rewriting of history last night, thats what I disagreed with. 

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

We all year things but the truth is nobody knows. We have errant, disinterested owners who still rely on self serving advisors. In my view the biggest indicator is Mowbray going to India. They don't have the bollocks to sack him face to face so why is he going?

He ain’t there yet Arbitro. They’ve pulled that plan once or twice before.

Last time he went for face to face meetings the first thing they did was discuss his contract extension and permission to buy drones.

He came back with that all signed and sealed so no reason to expect anything different this time. He is NOT going to India to be sacked or step aside so remove all notions of that. If Vs were to remove him it would be like all the others and someone else would do the dirty work.

If they wouldn't do it someone else would be temporarily parachuted in to do the deed.

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Last time he went for face to face meetings the first thing they did was discuss his contract extension and permission to buy drones.

He came back with that all signed and sealed so no reason to expect anything different this time. He is NOT going to India to be sacked or step aside so remove all notions of that. If Vs were to remove him it would be like all the others and someone else would do the dirty work.

If they wouldn't do it someone else would be temporarily parachuted in to do the deed.

As I say above though, let’s wait to see if he goes yet.

For what it’s worth I imagine he’ll still be here next season!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

My point was that 4 years ago, we was on the brink of promotion. Ive never claimed that it was an outstanding achievement (it was a good achievement because it wasnt a given) and I was as critical as any of the attitude towards the title, but he quite clearly did not deserve replacing 4 years ago as you implied. 

You seem to have cornered yourself like many into not allowing the manager to potentially prove you (and me, I wanted him sacked for a while) IF the season ends successfully. It might not, im not saying that I think it will, and his future should depend on that. 

If Mowbray got us into the Prem, I dont think he will, but if he did, even then you seen like you wouldnt praise him like he would undoubtedly deserve, and just laugh at the idea of him managing in the Premier League. If we went up, it would be crazy to sack a manager on the back of such an achievement. Any manager managing us on the back of promotion would be up against it.

• Like 1

Solskjaer would be worth a shot if he would work at this level! still a tallented popular relatively young manager and now has a point to prove and he knows the area well so settling in wouldn't be a big factor. I think he'd do best at a club like ours where he has full control t9 build a team from academy upwards and he works well with youngsters

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have said repeatedly Mowbray is not the man for you which is fair enough. He delivered promotion and that's wad the aim. Just look at how long it's taken other teams to get promoted from league like Sheffield United, Leeds and teams like Sunderland can't get promote

Because those clubs where badly run and managed for a long time! Didn't take Biesel l9ng to get leeds promoted once he got the job did it! And he doesn't even speak flippin english😄

Really funny how you try to pick and choose your examples to suit your thoughts. 

29 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Solskjaer would be worth a shot if he would work at this level! still a tallented popular relatively young manager and now has a point to prove and he knows the area well so settling in wouldn't be a big factor. I think he'd do best at a club like ours where he has full control t9 build a team from academy upwards and he works well with youngsters

Really he was absolutely awful at Cardiff and underachieved at united no thanks

• Like 4

Unless he achieves an absolute miracle and gets us up (he wont), I genuinely cant understand why anyone would want Mowbray here next season.

4 years in a row at this level we have seen the same story, average to decent until Christmas/January then a huge collapse afterwards. It's just that this season our good run went on a bit longer than previous seasons.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I was interested to hear Mowbray's terminology in his interview before the Millwall game. He was talking about Brereton possibly going to Chile while not being fit to play for Rovers.

Mowbray said ( from memory) "I can't influence the situation sat in my office with the owner's conduit".

I presume he is referring to Suhail Pasha but I find it interesting that he did not call him the owner's representative or advisor/spokesman/official. There are so many factors that make it impossible to run the club effectively under Venky's.

I can imagine the same situation on transfer deadline day when all other clubs would have all hands to the pump. Mowbray is sat in his office with a 'conduit' to people who are fast asleep in India and probably wouldn't respond if they were awake.

I'd be ecstatic with a return to the Don MacKay / Bill Fox  / no money period instead of multi billionaire owners with no interest who only communicate through a conduit.

• Like 2

I’ve stopped even thinking about new managers as these owners just don’t operate in a normal fashion.

As long as a manager keeps things ticking over and they like him personally then he has free reign to crack on. That’s why I knew he wouldn’t get potted on that horror run last season, as we weren’t going to go down and he was under contract. 

Obviously the main difference this summer is the fact that said contract will have run out, so perhaps they will move in a new direction. But it could well be too much effort for this lot when they have a steady Eddie already in the building.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

My point was that 4 years ago, we was on the brink of promotion. Ive never claimed that it was an outstanding achievement (it was a good achievement because it wasnt a given) and I was as critical as any of the attitude towards the title, but he quite clearly did not deserve replacing 4 years ago as you implied. 

You seem to have cornered yourself like many into not allowing the manager to potentially prove you (and me, I wanted him sacked for a while) IF the season ends successfully. It might not, im not saying that I think it will, and his future should depend on that. 

If Mowbray got us into the Prem, I dont think he will, but if he did, even then you seen like you wouldnt praise him like he would undoubtedly deserve, and just laugh at the idea of him managing in the Premier League. If we went up, it would be crazy to sack a manager on the back of such an achievement. Any manager managing us on the back of promotion would be up against it.

Let’s not give him credit for something that he hasn’t achieved and let’s face it, isn’t looking at all likely that he is going to. We are terrible at the moment and slipping down the table as per the mowbray way. 
to then come out today and say he has no regrets in the January window and that we don’t need a striker still shows the arrogance of the man, thinks he can say anything and naive supporters like yourself will believe it and accept it. Open your eyes! 

36 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Let’s not give him credit for something that he hasn’t achieved and let’s face it, isn’t looking at all likely that he is going to. We are terrible at the moment and slipping down the table as per the mowbray way. 
to then come out today and say he has no regrets in the January window and that we don’t need a striker still shows the arrogance of the man, thinks he can say anything and naive supporters like yourself will believe it and accept it. Open your eyes! 

I am not giving him credit for something he hasnt achieved. I actually said I doubt he will. My point is that if you are going to be fair, you should be open minded enough to be willing to praise hin should that happen.

Your stuff about him outstaying his welcome by 4 years was bollocks hence why I brought that up but the main thing I dont get is the lack of flexibility or ability to praise him IF the season ends well.

Off on a tangent with the striker stuff, I said at the time that I wanted a striker who could offer a goal threat who could play in a wider role too. I appreciate that with peanuts to work with, that was difficult though. He tried and that player got injured and Venkys not only wouldnt seemingly allow him more funds but wouldnt even allow him to sell a player 6 months from the end of his contract to raise funds. Arrogance? Behave.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not giving him credit for something he hasnt achieved. I actually said I doubt he will. My point is that if you are going to be fair, you should be open minded enough to be willing to praise hin should that happen.

Your stuff about him outstaying his welcome by 4 years was bollocks hence why I brought that up but the main thing I dont get is the lack of flexibility or ability to praise him IF the season ends well.

Off on a tangent with the striker stuff, I said at the time that I wanted a striker who could offer a goal threat who could play in a wider role too. I appreciate that with peanuts to work with, that was difficult though. He tried and that player got injured and Venkys not only wouldnt seemingly allow him more funds but wouldnt even allow him to sell a player 6 months from the end of his contract to raise funds. Arrogance? Behave.

Do you think Mowbray is a good manager, yes or no.