BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

How many players are good enough for the premier

I'd go as far as to say that Lenihan, Wharton, Kaminski, Nyambe, Travis, Rothwell, Brereton, possibly Buckley and Dolan are as good as or in some cases better than some players who are contracted to premier league clubs as fringe players or back-ups or who play from the bench. I think that there are several Premier league clubs that would take any of those as squad players.

But, there's a big difference between 'would do a job in a premier league squad' and good enough to be a premier league regular. You could build a squad around that core but every player you brought in would need to be better, ideally quite a bit better, than the players listed for us to have a prayer of survival.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2022 at 07:57, AspRover said:

I'd go as far as to say that Lenihan, Wharton, Kaminski, Nyambe, Travis, Rothwell, Brereton, possibly Buckley and Dolan are as good as or in some cases better than some players who are contracted to premier league clubs as fringe players or back-ups or who play from the bench. I think that there are several Premier league clubs that would take any of those as squad players.

But, there's a big difference between 'would do a job in a premier league squad' and good enough to be a premier league regular. You could build a squad around that core but every player you brought in would need to be better, ideally quite a bit better, than the players listed for us to have a prayer of survival.

With the proper coaching and mentoring they could be good enough but I doubt they'd get that here. 

16 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Van Hecke is a very good player and good enough. He would need to beef up for the Prem.   Looks a little lightweight.

Van Hecke is the first name on that list for me too. I hope that next season, assuming he goes,  we don't see a return to the perennial leaky defence we're used to for many years. I think VH is immense. I think he makes a huge difference to our team and will only get better and better. He makes the odd mistake - young centre backs do - but once he has a few years of experience under his belt I think he will be a superb player.

2 hours ago, RoverInverness said:

Van Hecke is the first name on that list for me too. I hope that next season, assuming he goes,  we don't see a return to the perennial leaky defence we're used to for many years. I think VH is immense. I think he makes a huge difference to our team and will only get better and better. He makes the odd mistake - young centre backs do - but once he has a few years of experience under his belt I think he will be a superb player.

Think him and Wharton are learning and growing together 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Think him and Wharton are learning and growing together 👍

If we were to go up, buying VH would be my number one priority.

Even if we didn’t go up I would be advising Barry Rao to make a personal investment on the player. Short of injury, his stock can only rise.

Combined with Lenihan and Wharton they’re a potential championship winning defence. 

I can only dream.

Suppose this is as good a place as any to put this…

That supposedly terrible goalkeeper who Mowbray was right to sell and Venky’s were astute business people for getting £3 million for has been called up for Spain. One of our youth products who certainly hasn’t struggled with the step up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Suppose this is as good a place as any to put this…

That supposedly terrible goalkeeper who Mowbray was right to sell and Venky’s were astute business people for getting £3 million for has been called up for Spain. One of our youth products who certainly hasn’t struggled with the step up.

What will he be worth now ? On another note I heard Dolan has been called up for the England U-20’s team and Chile have required Brererton to travel to Chile.

• Like 1