BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

Critical game on Saturday, one we have to win, which means we have to do something we haven't done 9 times out of the last 12 and score a goal.

Back 5 and keeper picks itself for me, Ayala is still feeling his calf so critical that Lenihan avoids a yellow, is Van Hecke on 9 now too?

Travis and Rothwell again are certainties, and Buckley was good the other night, so he would have to start, leaving 2. 

Giles isn't an attacker, he doesn't suit being so high up. I don't think there is much between the rest of them, I know people might say "x has to play" or "y is shit, he shouldn't be anywhere near" but to be honest between Gallagher, Dolan, Hedges and Khadra, there isn't much, none are a big goal threat. I would personally bring Khadra back in and also give Hedges a start, hasn't really impressed but hasn't been given many minutes. Not much in it though. Would like to see the 2 attackers slightly narrower.

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

Rankin Costello Travis Rothwell Pickering

Buckley

Hedges Khadra

Subs: Pears, Johnson, Dack, Dolan, Gallagher, Giles, Brown

My team for the game

Kaminski

Rankin Costello  Travis  Rothwell  Giles

Buckley

Gallagher  Dolan

Subs:- Pears Pickering Brown Johnson Khadra Hedges Dack

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team for the game

Kaminski

Rankin Costello  Travis  Rothwell  Giles

Buckley

Gallagher  Dolan

Subs:- Pears Pickering Brown Johnson Khadra Hedges Dack

Gallagher?

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. I would play him as Khadra isn't fit and still not 100% so I would not take risk of starting him for the game. 

How do you know Khadra isn't fit. Does that mean you do not trust the judgement of the medical team ? 

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

How do you know Khadra isn't fit. Does that mean you do not trust the judgement of the medical team ? 

Khadra trained today so providing no reaction tomorrow he'll be in the squad. Doesn't mean he will start. Don't want Gallagher anywhere near Ewood personally but who else can start up front. Jack Vale??  

Edited by Cherry Blue

1 minute ago, Cherry Blue said:

Khadra trained today so providing no reaction tomorrow he'll be in the squad. Doesn't mean he will star. Don't want Gallagher anywhere near Ewood personally but who else can start up front. Jack Vale??  

I was commenting  on Chaddys post saying Khadra isn't fit. Not on the merits of who should play.

4 hours ago, rigger said:

Here is Mowbray quote

"Khadra has trained, he was heavily strapped, but fingers crossed he’ll be back out there tomorrow. "

Khadra has been out for few days now. So I would ease him back him. Given that he trained heavily strapped up suggested he isn't 100% so I wouldn't risk him from the start

Edited by chaddyrovers

I feel more hopeful of a win vs BristolC than anybody in our last 10… Millwall excepted, and that was 0-0.

I have no idea; except the defending will have to be good. Hopefully, we can steal a goal, somehow. 

It’s Bristol City; in our history, we are 8-4-4 against them. here’s to 9-4-4🍻

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here is Mowbray quote

"Khadra has trained, he was heavily strapped, but fingers crossed he’ll be back out there tomorrow. "

Khadra has been out for 10 days now. So I would ease him back him. Given that he trained heavily strapped up suggested he isn't 100% so I wouldn't risk him from the start

10 days? He was injured Saturday?

31 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I feel more hopeful of a win vs BristolC than anybody in our last 10… Millwall excepted, and that was 0-0.

I have no idea; except the defending will have to be good. Hopefully, we can steal a goal, somehow. 

It’s Bristol City; in our history, we are 8-4-4 against them. here’s to 9-4-4🍻

I don’t know where you’re getting those numbers but they’re wrong. This will be our 50th meeting. The current record is 15 wins, 13 draws and 19 defeats in the League and a win and a loss in the FA Cup.

• K-Hod pinned this topic
14 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

id`e keep the same team,buckley was good against millwall and rothwell was running the show,give gallagher a half and if he`s **** haul him off

why are ticket £25???not as if bristol city are ripping the league up,another case of swag induced price stupidity

You a Billy No (ST Holder) Mates?

TMs criticism of Giles not being vocal enough, sounds like he wants to continue to play him up front. 

Interesting that he plays a new signing out of position, then criticises him. 

All he needs to do is play him at left wing back, and pit Khadra in, and I genuinely think we'd have a better chance of scoring, without compromising our defensive strength. 

As usual, there's only one person that doesn't see this....

I was just thinking that when reading his latest waffle he really never sees the error of his ways yet from the stands it's loud and clear.

Full on denial mode he's in again now, didn't need strikers, loads of options, swaps around after studying opposition then bizarrely says he just concentrates on what we do......

Too many options again now for his muddled approach but it's entirely predictable. When Dack was in his pomp it was all tailored for him, similar with AA last season now it's been BBD this season. Take them away and hes no idea what to do it's just change the front players around every week hoping to catch the opposition out.

We didn't need any strikers but there aren't really any in the entire club apart from Vale, surely it wouldn't have hurt to get another in.

• Like 5

Jeez, thanks for that @tomphil- I had somehow missed yesterday’s pre-match presser waffle til now. This one sticks out re Hedges:

“He’s generally been playing deeper, wide on the right for Aberdeen, in a different system.”

Two things: for those who claim he is a ‘forward/striker’ which I’ve seen countless times on social media, he is not. Our own manager has admitted it.

Second, why are we signing players for positions that they’ve not played in, at best, for years? ‘Sign players for the system’ I thought, Tony? Lack of recruitment strategy yet again and more BS from our manager.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Critical game on Saturday, one we have to win, which means we have to do something we haven't done 9 times out of the last 12 and score a goal.

Back 5 and keeper picks itself for me, Ayala is still feeling his calf so critical that Lenihan avoids a yellow, is Van Hecke on 9 now too?

Travis and Rothwell again are certainties, and Buckley was good the other night, so he would have to start, leaving 2. 

Giles isn't an attacker, he doesn't suit being so high up. I don't think there is much between the rest of them, I know people might say "x has to play" or "y is shit, he shouldn't be anywhere near" but to be honest between Gallagher, Dolan, Hedges and Khadra, there isn't much, none are a big goal threat. I would personally bring Khadra back in and also give Hedges a start, hasn't really impressed but hasn't been given many minutes. Not much in it though. Would like to see the 2 attackers slightly narrower.

Kaminski

Rankin Costello Travis Rothwell Pickering

Buckley

Hedges Khadra

Subs: Pears, Johnson, Dack, Dolan, Gallagher, Giles, Brown

None are a goal threat, what about Q.P.R khadras free kick. I would definitely play Khadra at some stage. Let's hope it's a happy return for Bradley Dack if he comes off the bench. It would raise the roof at ewood if Dack got on the score sheet. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

None are a goal threat, what about Q.P.R khadras free kick. I would definitely play Khadra at some stage. Let's hope it's a happy return for Bradley Dack if he comes off the bench. It would raise the roof at ewood if Dack got on the score sheet. 

Whilst we can't be relying on him to consistently be the difference this season, something like that would instantly change the mood around the place. 

Surely we are at a point where the law of averages works in our favour ..... and we score a goal in open play.

Surely Buckley and Gallagher, to name just two, cannot always miss clear cut chances.

By the same law we are probably due another goal against.

A 2-1 win to Rovers it is then.

Anyway it's what I came up with after reading Mowbray's drivel justifying playing Giles wide right, and it makes more sense, I think. Or did we sign Mahrez?

Edited by AllRoverAsia