BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

30 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Surely we are at a point where the law of averages works in our favour ..... and we score a goal in open play.

Surely Buckley and Gallagher, to name just two, cannot always miss clear cut chances.

By the same law we are probably due another goal against.

A 2-1 win to Rovers it is then.

Anyway it's what I came up with after reading Mowbray's drivel justifying playing Giles wide right, and it makes more sense, I think. Or did we sign Mahrez?

Regression to the mean. We will probably carry on being more wasteful than we will be comfortable with, but a repeat of the chances we created against (for instance) QPR and we should score, even with our misfiring attackers. 

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I’d start Dack tomorrow. Sub him off at half time if needs be, but if we don’t score first we won’t win. And if we don’t score relatively early we won’t score at all.

Spot on. Dack Khadra Dolan front 3 tomorrow please Tony.

56 minutes ago, rigger said:

Like a fool I got my ticket before the deal was announced.

Nothing stopping you returning it, and then getting one off a mate with a ST at the cheaper rate.

Anyway, as for the game, after what ive seen over the last 6 weeks there's not a chance we'll win this.

This run will carry on until the international break at least.

33 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Nothing stopping you returning it, and then getting one off a mate with a ST at the cheaper rate.

Anyway, as for the game, after what ive seen over the last 6 weeks there's not a chance we'll win this.

This run will carry on until the international break at least.

True, but it would have been so much easier had the deal been announced when the tickets first went on sale.

I really don't want to alarm anyone.

BUT

Gavin Ward is the ref for tomorrow too 😭

Positivity is really starting to slip for me now, and as much as I hate to label a game a must win, this is a must win.  Giving it a good go and being unlucky simply won't cut it.

Bristol City have conceded AT LEAST 1 goal in their last 17 away matches.  In the interest of putting an added positive spin on things -  we've actually only failed to score 4 times in 18, its not THAT bad a ratio.

Hedges deserves a start for me.  Not interested in the Mowbray guff about him needing to learn how we play, give him some game time.  Although he has yet to set the world alight, 10 mins here and there just hampers him further.  Much like when he used to p*ss about putting Brereton in and out of the team.  Give the lad 60-70 mins, if he's shite haul him off for Dack or something.

IF the same team is named tomorrow the fans, and probably even the players will stop believing from 2pm onwards.  Desperately hoping Dack just being on the bench gives the forward players a kick up the backside.

2-0 home win, yes that's 2 goals scored by mis-firing Rovers.

• Like 1

Anybody who has had the misery to see Ward in action will know that his random decision making, inability to read the game and general inconsistency mean that anything could happen tomorrow. Hopefully Mowbray has briefed the players about who the referee is and to try and keep dissent to a minimum.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, only2garners said:

I don’t know where you’re getting those numbers but they’re wrong. This will be our 50th meeting. The current record is 15 wins, 13 draws and 19 defeats in the League and a win and a loss in the FA Cup.

You are right; it was an outdated site. I shouldn’t have clicked on the first one I saw, usually 11x11 is a decent source. 

21 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

id`e keep the same team,buckley was good against millwall and rothwell was running the show,give gallagher a half and if he`s **** haul him off

why are ticket £25???not as if bristol city are ripping the league up,another case of swag induced price stupidity

Rovers have scored 3/13 games, bristol city are in the lower half of the table well worth the extra fiver.No need to worry about losing players in the summer if this rate continues.

From TMs comments Dack will be on the bench and available for 20 min max. So I assume we start:

Kamenski 

Lenihan   Van Heck   Warton

JRC               Travis                  Pickering

Rothwell

Dolan                                        Khadra     
                      Buckley 

subs to be Giles for Pickering, Gallagher for Dolan and Dack for Buckley.  All to come on around 70 min (TM doesn’t make tactical changes before then) to try and rescue the match and get us a goal.  Final 1-1.

I fear, though Dolan will be left out so Gallagher can waste opportunities, give away possession and display complete incompetence.  In which case I suspect we lose 0-1

On 10/03/2022 at 14:26, roversfan99 said:

Critical game on Saturday, one we have to win, which means we have to do something we haven't done 9 times out of the last 12 and score a goal.

Back 5 and keeper picks itself for me, Ayala is still feeling his calf so critical that Lenihan avoids a yellow, is Van Hecke on 9 now too?

Travis and Rothwell again are certainties, and Buckley was good the other night, so he would have to start, leaving 2. 

Giles isn't an attacker, he doesn't suit being so high up. I don't think there is much between the rest of them, I know people might say "x has to play" or "y is shit, he shouldn't be anywhere near" but to be honest between Gallagher, Dolan, Hedges and Khadra, there isn't much, none are a big goal threat. I would personally bring Khadra back in and also give Hedges a start, hasn't really impressed but hasn't been given many minutes. Not much in it though. Would like to see the 2 attackers slightly narrower.

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

Rankin Costello Travis Rothwell Pickering

Buckley

Hedges Khadra

Subs: Pears, Johnson, Dack, Dolan, Gallagher, Giles, Brown

We have been saying the same thing since 2022 came around, we need to win this one. The team are cosistent 0-0 or defeat. What's the use of putting a decent team together if they haven't learned how to score. I bet Bristol city can't wait for the game to start. Playing a team that have forgot how to score goals.

From what Mowbray has said today, it sounds like Giles is going to continue playing on the right of the attack. I would like to see Dolan and Khadra start as their pace can trouble Bristol City's big lads at the back. I suspect Khadra will be on the bench though with him being strapped up in training yesterday.

I'm hopeful of a comfortable win tomorrow against a side who are struggling. We were dominant the other night and were only let down by poor finishing. Sooner or later these chances are going to go in, surely? 2-0 Rovers win.

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Gotcha. Surprised it’s not much worse than that!

Sorry yes I meant home games. When the chips are down its easy to forget we have the 3rd best home record in the league. Boro have 1 more point and Fulham 3, albeit after playing a game more, so we could in theory have joint best record with a win tomorrow.

• Like 2

I'm not too happy with Kaminski. He should be able to catch shots like Samba of Nottm Forest. He's not the super keeper I thought he was.

I doubt Khadra will play. Isn't he still injured? Maybe on the bench if fit.

We should win this, though, in spite of Gavin Ward. 1-0