BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

4 hours ago, USABlue said:

Does not even come close to how I feel.

Said this before, we won't turn our form around until we are almost out of playoff reach.  Then we will see a late surge to narrowly miss out on 6th.  Let's see how that pans out.

What's really annoying is it should be quite easy to limp into playoffs. Goodness we are still in them despite a dearth of goals. Sure teams have games in hand and I expect us to drop out sooner or later but given how poor we have been it's been remarkable we are still in them. Just winning one more game in the latest horror run would have made a huge difference. We could have afforded pretty mediocre form to still make it and yet we are making heavy weather of it all. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

What's really annoying is it should be quite easy to limp into playoffs. Goodness we are still in them despite a dearth of goals. Sure teams have games in hand and I expect us to drop out sooner or later but given how poor we have been it's been remarkable we are still in them. Just winning one more game in the latest horror run would have made a huge difference. We could have afforded pretty mediocre form to still make it and yet we are making heavy weather of it all. 

Ye I remember looking at the table about 3 weeks ago and thinking, we may miss out on automatic but we will deffo get play offs....

Summerfest man doing a jig at the moment....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm totally gutted about today's result. Did more than enough to win the game and we should have won the game. We have Lenihan, JRC and Khadra chances first half, then Khadra effort hitting the bar, Dack's penalty and Dack other effort. Then they smash and grab the win.  Still can't believe we didn't win the game today after the chances we had. Pleased when Mowbray went for formation change to 4-2-3-1 formation with Dolan and Khadra wide and Gallagher as the central striker with Buckley as number 10. Its was positive change by Mowbray which was  needed in we was going to get the 3 points. Then Dack came on sooner than I thought he would. The entire Rovers fans faithful applauding and cheering him like I haven't seen that reaction ever to a player coming on. It was a lift the fans need. Dack wanted to take the penalty and Lenihan gave him the ball but its was so gutted his penalty was saved but not the best penalty. It felt like another one of those days we wasn't going to score again. But Dack had another chance but went wide. I think fully fit Dack scores that one. But then came their injury time winner which left fans very downbeat and gutted. 

Now on to the worst referee I've ever seen in my time watching Rovers, he was utter and totally clueless. No idea on decisions, booked Khadra when he was foul clearly. Then I was in disbelief when he awarded us a penalty. I was in shocked.

So Derby up next and its a must win. We are STILL in 4th currently but we got to start winning games now. We need Diaz back after the international break to help secure the playoff place we deserved in my opinion. We got to keep believing in this playing squad in each and every game we got until the end of the season. 

I am abit downbeat myself tonight after today's lost after thinking we would never lose today. But I will always keep believing in my club and will be there on Tuesday night supporting the players and the club I support all  my life. Rovers till I die! Come On You Blues 🔵

I don’t think you’re old enough to understand “it’s the hope that kills you” often mentioned around here. Believe it or not; I used to be very positive! Even when we were in rubber dinghy’s with Brian Kidd, playing against Man Yoo, needing a win to stay up, I still believed. I admire your positivity Chaddy, I wish I wasn’t such a moody bastard most weekends because of Rovers. 

One day you’ll be a miserable sod, like most of our older members ☺️

Edited by Dan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I admire your positivity Chaddy, I wish I wasn’t such a moody bastard most weekends because of Rovers. 

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I deffo wouldn't count on that Dan

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don’t think you’re old enough to understand “it’s the hope that kills you” often mentioned around here. Believe it or not; I used to be very positive! Even when we were in rubber dinghy’s with Brian Kidd, playing against Man Yoo, needing a win to stay up, I still believed. I admire your positivity Chaddy, I wish I wasn’t such a moody bastard most weekends because of Rovers. 

That was an awful time. 

Still infinitely better than the last eleven years. 

42 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Team makes you sick as a dog to support , it really does. Since venkys it’s been one step forward two steps back , just wish they would appoint a competent manager that we haven’t had since their reign started

Have we ever paid compensation to another team for a decent manger since venkys have arrived. When Mowbray eventually leaves it will just be another poor appointment of someone who's out of work already (Mowbray, Coyle, Lambert... etc).

16 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I can’t remember being so goal shy, (in my time since the early 90’s, so I’ve had it pretty good compared to many fans). Even in bad times I remember us scoring goals, even with the wrong Baggio up front! 

It’s so depressing at how good our defence and keeper are that we can’t just nick a goal from a corner in matches. It’s like we are old school Arsenal, but with no Ian Wright. 

Hughes or Souness would have signed a few veterans for peanuts that would have known how to do their job. Players that were winners. 

Remember when Souey locked our players in the dressing room to listen to Charlton(?) and Citeh after they won promotion after playing us? 

Souness: That’s what I want us to be doing next season! Show me your medals!!

Mowbray: Ah well lads, you can’t win them all. Don’t worry Sam, you’re the best left winger since Ryan Giggs. Who wants some lemon drizzle? 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks. 

I deffo wouldn't count on that Dan

Well then I admire you even more! It’s not a good place to be! I was in the bad books in my house after the Sheffield United game for throwing a tantrum(it’s only a game she thinks..🙄) and I really wish supporting Rovers wouldn’t feeling like I’m getting kicked I the balls 1 or 2 times a week. Speaking of which I might just run a cheese grater slowly on my ball sack instead of watching the next match. Can’t be any worse. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Back to the penalty: actually half their team were encroaching, but the ref was clearly unsighted…

C145D51E-F0F6-4308-957E-52B971939B32.jpeg

Keeper off his line too! I’ve stopped being pissed off so much about the refs now, it’s just expected. Wonder if we’d have done any better this season with VAR? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Back to the penalty: actually half their team were encroaching, but the ref was clearly unsighted…

Plus keeper off his line, but both those things happen virtually every penalty.

7 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

This kind of thing should lead to ref’s being calling into their managers office Monday morning. I know it’s been discussed about closed shop etc, but there’s so much money and livelihoods involved(knock on affects from relegation or non promotion) in our league.  

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

I’m not one that buys into the Tony Mowbray doesn’t want promotion theory, I think it’s a childish and ridiculous POV. 

The 3-5-2 has been well and truly found out. Neither of the wingbacks ventured too far forward in the first half, and this means we just faff about with ball retention, creating very little. Pickering in particular was disgraceful, there is no other manager out there that would prefer him to Giles as a LWB. He is a much better left back than LWB. 

Mowbray did the right thing changing to the 4-2-3-1, yes we gave up some of the ball and got caught a few times but we looked a threat at the other end, finally. As frustrating as Khadra is at times, I liked getting the ball out wide left to him. Dack should have scored the chance, it was a cracking ball in. 
I am absolutely devastated to be honest. That was a tough tough watch. A golden opportunity amongst a host of golden opportunities. 
He isn’t gonna get sacked, let’s hope he makes some changes to the side for the last few games.

I fear the season was lost during Dacks stutter step.

As they say, it's a game of opinions.

The switch to 4 at the back allowed Bristol City to get a foot in the game. They hadn't had a sniff before that. We were creating chances with the 3-4-3, as we have all season. One of which was JRC being put clean through, but I digress...

He remains a bad manager and he needs to leave. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Dack should never IMHO taken the penalty. My granddaughter would have saved it. Should have been Gallagher or Rothwell.. 

Agree I had serious concerns about it and said out loud he was going to miss. I posted about it earlier too. But like I said then, the problem is who else could be trusted? Gallagher has the composure of jelly, and Rothwell doesn't do the simple things well, at times hitting the ball like a right pansy.

If either of them had taken it and missed, everyone pretty much to a man would have been outraged Dack wasn't given it.

24 minutes ago, andyroversmad said:

Have we ever paid compensation to another team for a decent manger since venkys have arrived. When Mowbray eventually leaves it will just be another poor appointment of someone who's out of work already (Mowbray, Coyle, Lambert... etc).

Could appoint from within?