BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

3 hours ago, garnersfags said:

If that is the case, you are more interested in the players than the results, so you are probably the only happy one on here. 

Load of tripe is that comment

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think that anyone suggested that he would come back and be at full fitness, that has nothing to do with those games.

He wouldn't have been at full throttle playing against kids and would have been using it purely as a fitness gaining exercise, nothing more.

If anything, the fact that he has played a fair few games now with and against kids and is still so rusty when it comes to the speed of an actual senior match proves that playing those kids games has a limited worth.

Dack was nervous yesterday and wouldn't over commit to much. But its his first step on the way back to match fitness. He will take time to get there but hopefully by next season we have Fully Fit Dack. 

3 hours ago, garnersfags said:

After the disappointment of yesterday, I want to only deal in facts, but one of the many things that have been gnawing away at me is the decision to remove Giles from the eleven. Although he struggled to create much on the right, he was pivotal in the way we controlled the Millwall game, linking really well with Rothwell, Buckley, and, dare I say it, Gally (when he wasn't trapping if further than I can kick it...). 

No-one else seemed to notice this, especially TM, as I thought he would replace Pickering at wing-back yesterday, as Pickering, since his return, is no goal threat at all.

I think Giles would have overlapped Khadra well, and put in more intelligent, pin-point crosses and passes. 

TM is determined to stubbornly stick to his totally unsuccessful principles, which are not based on his experience of how his players perform in Championship games. 

Pickering and Gally are among the 1st names on the sheet, and scoring is only an objective or priority from the 60 minute mark. Sounds familiar, doesn't it.

I'm so disappointed that we dropped a level from Tuesday, and worried that players are starting to show signs of mental fatigue. 

Tuesday in a vital game for both teams, which will lead to fireworks on the touchline, but probably stalemate on the pitch.....

I agree with your Giles comment. I said he would have started with him before the game in the team I posted as Bristol City would be defensive. 

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Bristol City playing Andreas Weimann at wing back?

The clubs leading scorer I think? Playing in defence, imagine playing Diaz at fullback.

He scored, but still, can you imagine....

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Ward had an OK game, indeed by Ward standards a good game.

We got a fortunate break in the pen award, it was the sort that Ward would usually ignore.

I'd agree. As far as I could see we had three penalty shouts. The one that was given, looked straightforward when I saw it in real time wasn't one looking back at the replays. Khadra's was never a penalty and rightly not given. There was one other off the ball incident that i missed as I was watching the ball - on seeing it on the TV it was a penalty. But in Ward's defence he, like me, was watching the ball. 

So the one we got we shouldn't have but we should have had a different one. And with such a poor shot we didn't deserve to score it anyway.

The one thing Ward missed was the two handed shove right on the touchline and yards from the technical area.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Gav said:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Bristol City playing Andreas Weimann at wing back?

The clubs leading scorer I think? Playing in defence, imagine playing Diaz at fullback.

He’s already tried that with Gallagher, don’t give him any ideas….

• Like 1

Well them playing that guy at right back or wing back or whatever he was actually worked.

Point us to when its worked here ?  Maybe he's just a good player who knows what hes doing, that helps.  Our bloody wing backs can't even play wing back half the time.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

I'd agree. As far as I could see we had three penalty shouts. The one that was given, looked straightforward when I saw it in real time wasn't one looking back at the replays. Khadra's was never a penalty and rightly not given. There was one other off the ball incident that i missed as I was watching the ball - on seeing it on the TV it was a penalty. But in Ward's defence he, like me, was watching the ball. 

So the one we got we shouldn't have but we should have had a different one. And with such a poor shot we didn't deserve to score it anyway.

The one thing Ward missed was the two handed shove right on the touchline and yards from the technical area.

Khadra could have easily been booked again for that desperate dive. Seldom if ever would a ref book a player twice for diving though. I agree on the actual penalty, shouldnt have been given and the most likely was the Gallagher one.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

We played Gallagher at fullback. I didn’t need to imagine it.

7 hours ago, Iceman said:

Go over on twitter, and read the drivel. Go onto Facebook, and it's worse. I can guarantee one thing, if we get a few good results in the 3 or 4 games, it's Mowbray back in again. The man has run his time here as manager, and this team next season, whatever is left of it, needs a reset and refresh. 

Something that I noticed when looking around twitter last night is that the same arguments that were being had years ago are still being had today. That in itself should say enough is enough and we need a reset.

There are tweets from 2018/19 consisting of naive drivel like "if you want Mowbray out you ain't a proper fan", "what do you expect". Then there are other posts complaining about Mowbray playing players out of position, concern over a lack of wins and posts arguing why Mowbray should go.

The very same things are still being said today, so what exactly has changed three or four years on from the above?

Two years ago we went to Wigan on the back of a decent win against Bristol City. Mowbray inexplicably decided to play Holtby as a false nine and Gallagher on the right. We were bullied out of the game, got beat in a soft manner and subsequently went on a four game losing streak. Again, what's changed?

It's 2022 and all of these things are still happening. We might not be going on losing runs, but the manager's stubborn refusal to learn from past mistakes is costing us crucial points in the race for promotion (for us fans, it is, anyway). His time here has shown us, that even though we may go on a little run here and there, it always reverts back to a spiral where we end up slipping down the table. Why would that change if he was to get a new contract? It won't. Action is needed now to save our season. That won't be happening though, but come the summer he has to go.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 7

• Backroom

Ward was nowhere near as bad as the cries of desperation would suggest. He let a lot go but felt mainly in our favour overall.

One thing that really annoyed me was him ignoring Weimann booting the ball away, then eventually booking him when he did it again in an identical manner, should have booked him the first time.