BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I really don't want to alarm anyone.

BUT

Gavin Ward is the ref for tomorrow too 😭

Positivity is really starting to slip for me now, and as much as I hate to label a game a must win, this is a must win.  Giving it a good go and being unlucky simply won't cut it.

Bristol City have conceded AT LEAST 1 goal in their last 17 away matches.  In the interest of putting an added positive spin on things -  we've actually only failed to score 4 times in 18, its not THAT bad a ratio.

Hedges deserves a start for me.  Not interested in the Mowbray guff about him needing to learn how we play, give him some game time.  Although he has yet to set the world alight, 10 mins here and there just hampers him further.  Much like when he used to p*ss about putting Brereton in and out of the team.  Give the lad 60-70 mins, if he's shite haul him off for Dack or something.

IF the same team is named tomorrow the fans, and probably even the players will stop believing from 2pm onwards.  Desperately hoping Dack just being on the bench gives the forward players a kick up the backside.

2-0 home win, yes that's 2 goals scored by mis-firing Rovers.

I agree Gallaghers  firing blanks at the moment. Khadra didn't do to much coming on as sub but shows the odd flash of genius playing for 90 minutes. I would play Hedges from the start if he doesn't perform bring on Gallagher.Khadra and Dolan should start with there pace there's chances of goals.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22
7 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

First actual must win game of the season for me. So much so, I shall be there to cheer them on.

Superb stuff Exiled, let’s hope the lads do you proud. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Geoff66 said:

I agree Gallaghers  firing blanks at the moment. Khadra didn't do to much coming on as sub but shows the odd flash of genius playing for 90 minutes. I would play Hedges from the start if he doesn't perform bring on Gallagher.Khadra and Dolan should start with there pace there's chances of goals.

"...at the moment.." lol

Kaminiski

Lenihan - van Hecke - Wharton

JRC - Buckley - Travis - Rothwell - Pickering

Giles - Dolan - Khadra

Gallagher for Khadra if needed, tell him to play an old fashioned forward role. Get in the box, hold the ball up - pass it. Don't run into, and get stuck in, channels by yourself.

Buckley and Rothwell looked lively versus Millwall. Hoping Giles can continue improving as he has something in him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bazza said:

I'm not too happy with Kaminski. He should be able to catch shots like Samba of Nottm Forest. He's not the super keeper I thought he was.

I doubt Khadra will play. Isn't he still injured? Maybe on the bench if fit.

We should win this, though, in spite of Gavin Ward. 1-0

He's a good one the best we've had for a decade but i don't think hes ever fallen into super keeper mode. Nowhere near the amount of clangers in him that Raya had though.

The Fulham goal looking at it from his angle wasn't as easy as it first looked it took a little scuff up just in front of him. Yes he should have done better but keepers in general are taught to parry now. They don't take balls in like they used to probably on account of lighter balls nearly always having spin on them. On another day a defender toes it away but fair play to the Fulham lad, if only we had someone in the box alert enough !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Kaminiski

Lenihan - van Hecke - Wharton

JRC - Buckley - Travis - Rothwell - Pickering

Giles - Dolan - Khadra

Gallagher for Khadra if needed, tell him to play an old fashioned forward role. Get in the box, hold the ball up - pass it. Don't run into, and get stuck in, channels by yourself.

Buckley and Rothwell looked lively versus Millwall. Hoping Giles can continue improving as he has something in him.

Is that not 12 players?

• Like 1

The result from the Hawthorns shows that we probably need to get 5 points from the next 3 games to stay in the top 6, as all our rivals are blunting each others' promotion push.

Of course, we don't want to be clinging onto 6th, as in '92, so 7 or 9 points is preferable. 

If we play like we did in the 1st half on Tuesday, we will win. Khadra for Pickering, round pegs in round holes, and we will be ok. 

I'm looking for us to produce more simple, must-score chances for each other starting tomorrow, and I'm sure Giles will do this if he is played on the left. 

A lovely, warm afternoon and a decent crowd will be a bonus, and will lift the lads, even before the emergence of Dugout Dack.

We are lucky to still have a chance of the play-offs, and 2 wins, although a big if, will make us favourites to stay in the top six.

I was very impressed, and surprised, by the lack of booing, both at half and full time on Tuesday. The crowd is still behind the lads, so they need to repay this support. 

COYB!!!

Read the LT piece where TM say Giles best position is right forward!?!?  Did he watch a different game than me on Tuesday?  Giles looked completely out of sorts in the right. Running around the ball several times to play it with his left instead of his right. He’s a quality player, no doubt, and will produce there, but it was very evident he wasn’t as comfortable there as he would have been on the left. I’m shocked, even though I shouldn’t be.  After all this guy thinks Gallagher is a wide forward and Buckley a false 9…still I’m amazed to read those comments as I assumed there’s some other reason for his selections. 

2 hours ago, yankfan said:

Read the LT piece where TM say Giles best position is right forward!?!?  Did he watch a different game than me on Tuesday?  Giles looked completely out of sorts in the right. Running around the ball several times to play it with his left instead of his right. He’s a quality player, no doubt, and will produce there, but it was very evident he wasn’t as comfortable there as he would have been on the left. I’m shocked, even though I shouldn’t be.  After all this guy thinks Gallagher is a wide forward and Buckley a false 9…still I’m amazed to read those comments as I assumed there’s some other reason for his selections. 

This is another of Mowbrays weaknesses. He tries something, it doesn't work, he persists with it often to the detriment of the team. But most annoying is how he tries to justify it in the media.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

He's a good one the best we've had for a decade but i don't think hes ever fallen into super keeper mode. Nowhere near the amount of clangers in him that Raya had though.

The Fulham goal looking at it from his angle wasn't as easy as it first looked it took a little scuff up just in front of him. Yes he should have done better but keepers in general are taught to parry now. They don't take balls in like they used to probably on account of lighter balls nearly always having spin on them. On another day a defender toes it away but fair play to the Fulham lad, if only we had someone in the box alert enough !

Utter rubbish, Kaminski has saved us from defeat on numerous occasions. Were have all the clean sheets come from did Kaminski not play a part.

7 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Match Review time:

David Lowe finally chokes on his pre-match whistle.

Tannoy guy SHOUTS at least 3 Rovers players names incorrectly.

All applaud support for Ukraine, pockets of crowd boo support of black people!!!! 🤷‍♂️

Bristol City park their bus exactly where Millwall left theirs.

False 9 - False hope.

Left footed left winger on the right wing.

Short corners when attacking, 11 men back when defending.

Buckley misses a sitter.

Gavin (a)Ward(s) us fuck all. Books all 3 players who get 2 games bans.

Watering of the pitch at HT - during rain.

Bristol City players run around 3 cones on way back out after HT.

BBE thows flare for first shot on target.

Crowd trouble in the BBE.

Kaminski kicks worse than Raya. Apologises.

Back 3 Solid. Untouchable - even when chasing a goal vs a back 11.

Dack gets 15 minutes. Does nothing. People say he's past it.

Ball Boys steal a living.

Gallagher subbed off for final 10 minutes to accommodate Mowbray plan B of long ball to Dolan.

New score board shows the score/play clock for 11 minutes, with 79 minutes advertising.

0-0

10th game in 2022 without Rovers scoring a goal.

Chavvy child runs on pitch for free Jersey.

Bristol City fans celebrate promotion.

Police do one, leaving traffic in chaos.

Mowbray blames draw on not having Ryan Nyambe fit (😵💫)

BBC Radio Lancs talk 98% about PNE, 1% with Scouse managers, and 1% about asking you to send in fan tweets that they never actually ever read out.

We all come on here to moan, Mowbray Out.

The end.

We could do without doom and gloom predictors my prediction 5-0 Rovers Dack off the mark and Blackburn Rovers back on course.

50 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This is another of Mowbrays weaknesses. He tries something, it doesn't work, he persists with it often to the detriment of the team. But most annoying is how he tries to justify it in the media.

Exactly. It’s so very very annoying. How many years has he persisted with SG on the wing? It’s never worked. He talks about SG in interviews as if he’s a world class player(when he’s probably struggle in league one). I just don’t know if he’s a bit special or just taking the piss out of us. 

‘ The officials have agreed there will be 4 minutes of added time’.

Agreed with who? Mowbray? Balaji Rao? Fans near the dugout?

Announcing (instead of just putting it on the scoreboard) not exactly bumper crowds to tee up away fans and ‘your support is f*cking shit!’.

He somehow managed to speak throughout the minutes applause for Ukraine and Gordon Lee on Tuesday!

Any ITK-ers give an insight into where this (obviously non local) fella has come from and what happened to the other bloke who’d been doing it for years until Christmas?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Match Review time:

David Lowe finally chokes on his pre-match whistle.

Tannoy guy SHOUTS at least 3 Rovers players names incorrectly.

All applaud support for Ukraine, pockets of crowd boo support of black people!!!! 🤷‍♂️

Bristol City park their bus exactly where Millwall left theirs.

False 9 - False hope.

Left footed left winger on the right wing.

Short corners when attacking, 11 men back when defending.

Buckley misses a sitter.

Gavin (a)Ward(s) us fuck all. Books all 3 players who get 2 games bans.

Watering of the pitch at HT - during rain.

Bristol City players run around 3 cones on way back out after HT.

BBE thows flare for first shot on target.

Crowd trouble in the BBE.

Kaminski kicks worse than Raya. Apologises.

Back 3 Solid. Untouchable - even when chasing a goal vs a back 11.

Dack gets 15 minutes. Does nothing. People say he's past it.

Ball Boys steal a living.

Gallagher subbed off for final 10 minutes to accommodate Mowbray plan B of long ball to Dolan.

New score board shows the score/play clock for 11 minutes, with 79 minutes advertising.

0-0

10th game in 2022 without Rovers scoring a goal.

Chavvy child runs on pitch for free Jersey.

Bristol City fans celebrate promotion.

Police do one, leaving traffic in chaos.

Mowbray blames draw on not having Ryan Nyambe fit (😵💫)

BBC Radio Lancs talk 98% about PNE, 1% with Scouse managers, and 1% about asking you to send in fan tweets that they never actually ever read out.

We all come on here to moan, Mowbray Out.

The end.

Excellent post pirate 🤣

I would of added the three front men to score every shot with pin point precision in the warm up to finish he game with no shots on target . I shall get my big red pen and mark these tonight. I should imagine you get most right 😂

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Gav said:

Rovers 2 Bristol City 0

The end of season points run starts here. 

I'm going for 3-0 Rovers, changed my mind, the fans that go through the gates deserve a win, the matchday support has been superb.

I want the lads to get back on track and give Exiled something to take back to Canada.

Come on Rovers.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1