BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 12/3/22

46 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It’s not just me then 🤣

😂😂definitely not just you as I was laughing reading the post to my season ticket holder daughter and she was agreeing to everything especially the one about the board 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
52 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

We could do without doom and gloom predictors my prediction 5-0 Rovers Dack off the mark and Blackburn Rovers back on course.

It’s only a bit of humour, don’t take it so hard.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

This is another of Mowbrays weaknesses. He tries something, it doesn't work, he persists with it often to the detriment of the team. But most annoying is how he tries to justify it in the media.

That is him all over and he's happy if it works once just so he can justify it.

We've all been pleasantly surprised this season, shocked in fact with his sticking to the same team and system where possible. Holding off the rotation and keeping more square pegs in square holes its played a massive part in getting us where we were.

Slowly though and predictably standard Tombola Tony has crept back in.

The only thing keeping it together is the 3 center backs staying fit and the lack of options to rotate them.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

Just a thought maybe other teams have sussed are formation out in the 2nd half of the season. 3 goals in 13 matches.

Or maybe it could be that our leading goal scorer has been injured or flying off around the world to play international football. We should have other players stepping up and on occasions they have, but lets not underestimate the impact of losing BB has had on the goals for column. 

Just a thought.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, garnersfags said:

The result from the Hawthorns shows that we probably need to get 5 points from the next 3 games to stay in the top 6, as all our rivals are blunting each others' promotion push.

Of course, we don't want to be clinging onto 6th, as in '92, so 7 or 9 points is preferable. 

If we play like we did in the 1st half on Tuesday, we will win. Khadra for Pickering, round pegs in round holes, and we will be ok. 

I'm looking for us to produce more simple, must-score chances for each other starting tomorrow, and I'm sure Giles will do this if he is played on the left. 

A lovely, warm afternoon and a decent crowd will be a bonus, and will lift the lads, even before the emergence of Dugout Dack.

We are lucky to still have a chance of the play-offs, and 2 wins, although a big if, will make us favourites to stay in the top six.

I was very impressed, and surprised, by the lack of booing, both at half and full time on Tuesday. The crowd is still behind the lads, so they need to repay this support. 

COYB!!!

I thought we played quite well against Millwall, why would the crowd boo. It may have been a disappointing result, but it was not a performace deserving booing.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Slowly though and predictably standard Tombola Tony has crept back in.

His hand has been forced mostly by injury tomphil, surely you see that?

Before Christmas we had a settled side winning football matches, if we'd have kept that side fit and unchanged we'd have be on course for automatic promotion, but injuries and BB international call up has killed us, we all saw it coming, you can only get so far with a threadbare squad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Before Christmas we had a settled side winning football matches, if we'd have kept that side fit and unchanged we'd have be on course for automatic promotion, but injuries and BB international call up has killed us, we all saw it coming, you can only get so far with a threadbare squad. 

Fair enough Mowbray has had to deal with injuries etc. But my problem is when he has more than one player out of positon, but if they were switched they would be in their preferred positions. IE Giles wide right, Buckley central forward, Gally wide left. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

His hand hasn't been forced with Giles or swapping around Dolan, Buckley, Khadra, Gallagher on the front line. Nor has it been forced to not use Hedges.

I wish people would actually read posts as i did include the line 'where possible' in regards to unchanged.

Surely even you can see that since there was a few forced changes we have crept back into last season territory of mumbo jumbo on the pitch. There is no balance nor fluidity in attack they are all playing like individuals again.

I agree we all saw it coming, as we usually do but pity the manager is always ignorant to certain things. You can get further when the owners give you rare opportunity in a Jan window. It's how you chose to use it that is the key.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

Perspective needed.

We are 4th in the league aiming for promotion and we are playing a cr@p team sitting 19th in the league having lost their last 3 games and managed by a manager now past his sell by date.

If there ever was a home banker this is it particularly with Dack on the bench which will give a huge lift to both players and fans.

Lumped on Rovers at 4/5 and stuck at tenner on Dack to score anytime at 3/1.  Be brave, bold and fill yer boots.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rigger said:

Fair enough Mowbray has had to deal with injuries etc. But my problem is when he has more than one player out of positon, but if they were switched they would be in their preferred positions. IE Giles wide right, Buckley central forward, Gally wide left. 

Its the modern way rigger, all manager do it, we've seen it many times here over the years with our wingers.

35 minutes ago, rigger said:

I thought we played quite well against Millwall, why would the crowd boo. It may have been a disappointing result, but it was not a performace deserving booing.

At the risk of stating the obvious perhaps they were booing because we cannot score goals and they can see the playoffs slipping away? I go to watch Rovers win not a nice performance or be “entertained”

Just now, jim mk2 said:

At the risk of stating the obvious perhaps they were booing because we cannot score goals and they can see the playoffs slipping away? I go to watch Rovers win not a nice performance or be “entertained”

Entertainment is good, but you can't beat a win, scrappy or undeserved----doesn't matter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Perspective needed.

We are 4th in the league aiming for promotion and we are playing a cr@p team sitting 19th in the league having lost their last 3 games and managed by a manager now past his sell by date.

If there ever was a home banker this is it particularly with Dack on the bench which will give a huge lift to both players and fans.

Lumped on Rovers at 4/5 and stuck at tenner on Dack to score anytime at 3/1.  Be brave, bold and fill yer boots.

With all due respect in our current form and fans desperately worried the last thing we need is another wind up post like this 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rigger said:

The goal drought probably caused the booing, You can play like Brazil every week, but if you don't score goals your going nowhere.  

19 minutes ago, rigger said:

The only really forced one apart from BBD missing is at right back.

The attacking players have mostly all been available odd games aside but in standard fashion they are just being rotated around now. He even tells people in the press that he's doing it according to opposition yet it gets ignored by some, that approach is a hark back to previous seasons.

This is Mowbrays plan B although it used to be plan A.

Brereton Diaz missing has massively hampered us as it was always obvious it would but right behind that is the sheer lack of striking options in the entire club.   Only one person is responsible for that.

We still ended up recently with a midfielder at right wing back (forced) , a midfielder playing false 9/forward (unforced), a 6'4" forward playing wide left, sometimes right. And of course a left wing back playing right wing and the left or right footed wide forward or whatever he is sat on the bench. The one they've chased ages and made such a fuss of signing and made sure they ended paying a fee for him.

Non of this is stick beating it is all fact, then people wonder why we aren't scoring.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

At the risk of stating the obvious. If you follow the posts, you will see that there was no booing.  My reply was to Garners, stating he was surprised that there was, no booing at half/full time. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

At the risk of stating the obvious. If you follow the posts, you will see that there was no booing.  My reply was to Gav stating he was surprised that there was, no booing at half/full time. 

😀

It wasn't a reply to me, its was a reply to garnersfags, but your point still stands, there was no booing, the fans at games this season have been tremendous.

Edited by Gav

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

At the risk of stating the obvious. If you follow the posts, you will see that there was no booing.  My reply was to Gav stating he was surprised that there was, no booing at half/full time. 

At the risk of stating the obvious there was booing. Not most fans but there was a lot of unhappy people at the final whistle 

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Please for the love of God stop saying crap like this every week. You’re far too smart to know that there is no ‘filling boots’ to be had on a Rovers win at the moment, yet you’re still supposedly doing it every match.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

He says he goes to games to.........😀

It wasn't a reply to me, its was a reply to garnersfags, but your point still stands, there was no booing, the fans at games this season have been tremendous. 

Sorry Gav, I am all a fluster. Anyway time to set off for Ewood, the journey will calm me down.

• Like 1