BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (h) - 9/4/22

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't see why Brereton won't start with a week in between games.

Rich Sharpe tweeted the other day that Dack said at the weekend that he could only do 45 minutes, so unfortunately I can see him only being a sub,

Short of complications in training, Brereton and Dack should both absolutely be starting this time. Anything else and I'm gonna want to hear a good explanation.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Short of complications in training, Brereton and Dack should both absolutely be starting this time. Anything else and I'm gonna want to hear a good explanation.

Anything else (for reasons other than injury), and I would assume Mowbray isn’t interested in winning. I really haven’t given the guy a bad time, but it’s getting very hard to defend anything he does anymore. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

Flying over for this one. Decided to bring some luck of the Irish to this horrendous run. Last two games I've been to ended 2-2. This is a must win, looking forward to the game and hopefully a bit if a run to scrap the playoffs which was unthinkable in January. Madness.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I think we'll comfortably beat the Tangerines. Last night was their cup final and will have taken a lot out of them. With Dack and Diaz available, even off the bench, we've got the firepower to see Blackpool off.

2-0 Rovers.

i don`t think we`ll have a problem either,of course the biggest hurdle we`ll face is our managers loony tendancy to start everyone out of position

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

A must win if there ever was one. I think realistically it'll be dead and buried if we can't get the three points here. Have we got the cojones for a tense afternoon? I have my doubts.

Absolutely. We’ve slipped to 8th; three pts could get us back in playoff places, pending other results. However, I’m afraid our flirtation with promotion has left us for good. Other suitors have left us in the dust, and kicked sand in our face.

Edited by WacoRover

Looking at Mowbray's pre match comments today that Lenihan, Nyambe and Khadra are likely to not be fit for this game. So my team would be this

Kaminski

Brown  Van Hecke  Wharton  Pickering

Travis  Rothwell

Dolan            Buckley           Brereton

Gallagher

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looking at Mowbray's pre match comments today that Lenihan, Nyambe and Khadra are likely to not be fit for this game. So my team would be this

Kaminski

Travis  Rothwell

Gallagher

That would be a worrying team, a right back playing his first game of professional football and that clown up front.

I didn't take from Mowbray's press conference that those 3 are likely to be out, especially Lenihan. This would be my team assuming both Lenihan and Nyambe are fit:

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

Nyambe Travis Rothwell Pickering

Dolan Dack Brereton

If either Nyambe or Lenihan don't make it, go to a back 4 and stick Buckley in a 4-3-3.

I certainly wouldn't start Gallagher no matter what, if Dack doesn't start, have Brereton up top.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Travis  Rothwell

Gallagher

Brown versus Bowler ? That should be interesting. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Travis  Rothwell

Gallagher

After the last game I'd pick Giles over Pickering and Dack for Gallagher. 4-3-3.

Not sure what we do about that full back position. Brown and Dolan on the right fills me with dread. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts someone completely out of position to fill that vacancy.

Accepting that Dack doesn’t think he’s got 90 minutes in him yet, I would go:

Kaminski 

Nyambe JVH Wharton Pickering

Buckley Travis Rothwell 

Giles Gallagher Brereton. 

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Accepting that Dack doesn’t think he’s got 90 minutes in him yet, I would go:

Kaminski 

Nyambe JVH Wharton Pickering

Buckley Travis Rothwell 

Giles Gallagher Brereton. 

Giles on the right wing, even considering how ill suited he is to being on that side?