BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, andyroversmad said:

Venkys won't pay good money or compensation for a decent manager so that limits us to a list of shite names.

Or the people that appoint the new manager are hidden in the shadows and just make it look like a Venky’s appointment.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Sorry for posting the following video, as my intention isn't to bring back bad memories. But I would love to have this video viewed by a body language expert, if that's the right term. A person who can analyse videos to decipher lies. I do not believe a single word that has been said by this guy. Listen to the bullshit he says at 3 mins and watch his reaction at the end of it at 3:32. There are many other examples in the clip.

Somebody rolled him out to do this interview, allegedly, in my opinion, hence the 'we are confused' crap. 10 years on they are still confused.

I’m no body language expert, but think I can smell quite a bit of bullshit in that interview. I suspect, like you that someone rolled him out to try to cover up some hidden agenda. I have always thought that there was someone in the background, pulling strings and this interview tells me, that this was and probably still is the case.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2022 at 11:08, Miller11 said:

Here is the HSH list…

Steve Cooper

Mark Robins

Craig Bellamy

Gary Holt

Sami Hyypia

Gregory Vignal

Tony Pulis

Graham Westley

Micky Mellon

Dave Challinor

Dean Keats

Fabrizio Ravanelli

Paul Jewell

Tony Philiskirk

Rob Edwards

And our previous three managers too, obviously.

• Like 1

Tony Mowbray will be our manager next year, provided he wants to be. Little doubt in my mind on that and I will be surprised if he isn't.

What happens now is that we get through the next 5 games with no news or announcement. A couple of weeks after the season is over and Mowbray has been on holiday we find out when he is going to India with Waggott.

They go, we hear nothing for another week or two, and then at some point in early June they confirm he is staying on, references to the 'young team' and going ever so close this season and building on that. It will all be about how the owners have reaffirmed their commitment and are determined to keep building.

By this point everyone else has another major head start, made worse by the shortened summer break and early start to the next season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Tony Mowbray will be our manager next year, provided he wants to be. Little doubt in my mind on that and I will be surprised if he isn't.

Will I think the complete oppose that I would be surprise if he is here next season. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Will I think the complete oppose that I would be surprise if he is here next season. 

53F2D5A7-1C6B-4C95-9499-66D674B5BA2D.thumb.jpeg.7cc23d24d2e43ca31dd644affb2b136f.jpeg

Chaddy, you seem to have had a big rethink in the last couple of weeks, can I ask what has triggered this? You now seem convinced Mowbray is off when you were previously convinced he would stay.

Obviously you now recognise he is stubborn as you have stated it many times lately, has this tipped it for you or is there something else?

• Like 3

Definitely think Pulis will have an interest if the managers job becomes available.

He was praising our owners for the time they have given Mowbray, and stating how lucky Tony has been that the owners had the patience to let him build.

Really hope he isn't our next manager

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Chaddy, you seem to have had a big rethink in the last couple of weeks, can I ask what has triggered this? You now seem convinced Mowbray is off when you were previously convinced he would stay.

Obviously you now recognise he is stubborn as you have stated it many times lately, has this tipped it for you or is there something else?

Yes I have massive rethink on Mowbray's future here and I do think it need a clean break even if we got promote. Rovers need to move on and appoint a new structure and ideas going forward. 

What triggered this? I have got fed up and annoyed with his team selections, his stubbornness to keep starting 5 at the back when clearly it hasn't worked for games after games. His tactics are getting more and more weird like yesterday with 2 number 10's and 2 wide strikers. WTF was that about? His body language has changed in recent weeks and got back to last season body language. The Club has gone stale and we need a new manager who can get supporters back but the club also need to come up with a proper affordable plan for fans to come back. 

I am grateful for the Job Mowbray did in his first 3 years here but I think if we don't even make the playoffs it feels like a massive opportunity has been missed for promotion. 

Also I don't understand why you bring in Giles and don't use him properly given how he performance at Cardiff. I would have thought it was clear how to play him either as left win back or left winger. not as a right bloody winger. 

We need to move on from Mowbray whether we go for manager or DoF/Head Coach structure we need new fresh approach for next season for sure

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, martonrover said:

My money would be on Pulis. HSH would easily sweet talk Venkys with a historical promotion to the Premier League, (Stoke).

im`e most likely in the minority,pulis for me would be a decent appointment,back to basics football,no strange formations and everyone out of position and certainly no slacking on the pitch,i did hear he was finished with football though

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e most likely in the minority,pulis for me would be a decent appointment,back to basics football,no strange formations and everyone out of position and certainly no slacking on the pitch,i did hear he was finished with football though

I think he recently said on the radio that clubs aren't interested in managers like him anymore. I think he forgot about us!

He's another who's had his day and whose star is clearly falling.

Mid table would be our ceiling with him, ie more of the same.

Would take Mark Robins from that list, although Rooney first choice however unlikely..

I think we need a manager who is on the up.. and something to prove.. not a has been

Mark Robins is punching with a team that is bottom to relegation quality in my view.. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Sorry for posting the following video, as my intention isn't to bring back bad memories. But I would love to have this video viewed by a body language expert, if that's the right term. A person who can analyse videos to decipher lies. I do not believe a single word that has been said by this guy. Listen to the bullshit he says at 3 mins and watch his reaction at the end of it at 3:32. There are many other examples in the clip.

Somebody rolled him out to do this interview, allegedly, in my opinion, hence the 'we are confused' crap. 10 years on they are still confused.

At the time I referred to that as the hostage at gunpoint interview 🙂

An amusing hobby particularly with the Australian PM who can not control his over active blinking at times when he is flustered or lieing is listen to interviews with the sound off and watch for any odd physical and facial movements and note down the times, then replay with sound on and pay attention to what is said at those times.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Would take Mark Robins from that list, although Rooney first choice however unlikely..

I think we need a manager who is on the up.. and something to prove.. not a has been

Mark Robins is punching with a team that is bottom to relegation quality in my view.. 

Why would Robins come here ? Just give me one reason.

18 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Think that one went over your head pal

In that case it went over mine as well. You included a much loved dead ex-Rover in your list. If it was meant to be funny I’m afraid it fell very flat.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Why would Robins come here ? Just give me one reason.

Because the job is still seen as a decent one within the game, whatever we think. Also, he’ll see the time Mowbray has been afforded here and probably think that’s a plus as well.

Our problem isn’t attracting a good manager - it’s having someone with the gumption and authority at Ewood to actually appoint one. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

Definitely think Pulis will have an interest if the managers job becomes available.

He was praising our owners for the time they have given Mowbray, and stating how lucky Tony has been that the owners had the patience to let him build.

Really hope he isn't our next manager

Pulls has retired from football he said so 4-5 weeks ago on radio 5 he is not going to be a consideration for the Rovers job if and when it becomes available 

• Like 1

Have any of the managers we've had under Venkys actually left another club to join us 🤔 

I can only really think of Appleton (who had only been at a struggling blackpool for a few months at the time I think!)

I cant see any manager that's currently 'happy where they are' or 'has other reasonable options' wanting to come here unless they where 💯 gurenteed a decent tranfer kitty and no interface in footbaling matters from above. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo