BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

11 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Just listening to Carvalhal playing tiddlywinks is so much more enthusing than listening to one of Mogga's "passionate about football" interviews.

What do you mean??? 

‘*sighhhhh* I think so, look this is a group of very young footballers’ is going on our club crest!

• Moderation Lead

I’ve absolutely no idea why rumours trigger people so much.

They’re just that, rumours. They may be true, they may not. You don’t have to believe them. It’s only pixels on a screen.

• Like 7

Same guy who told be about Zeefuik being at the Avenue said there had been rumours buzzing around today that managers were being interviewed today too. Didn’t think it very newsworthy as he’s a United fan and has absolutely no idea about any kind of football outside the top division so wasn’t much help 🤣 be interested to know the two. Carvalhal could well be one, but the other? Wouldn’t think ainsworth with a game to prepare for on Saturday, so surely someone out of work?

I remember when either Kidd or Souness left that Dick Advocat was once nailed on at one point. He had been interviewed. He was the unanimous choice of the board. He was spotted at Ewood. He was having breakfast at the Dunkenhalgh. He'd been looking at houses. "It's big Dick" became a common catchphrase on places like here and RoversMad. Nothing materialised.

I also remember Graeme Souness when he was here going silly odds-on from nowhere for the Tottenham job. Rovers were playing that day and Radio Lancs interviewed him before the game and he basically laughed and said he'd heard nothing and had no interest in leaving Rovers at this point. He was so matter-of-fact about it, he would have looked a right idiot if he'd then left. He remained favourite for a few days (as liabilities would have been quite big on him compared to everyone else) and then as more rumours circled he just drifted out to bigger odds. Very similar to Farke here.

Edited by Hasta

Yeah, someone tag me when Unleaded posts otherwise I’m inclined to think the unnamed cars pulling up at Brockhall are because Waggott is opening a car valet for a few extra quid. 

• Like 5

At least it gives us something to talk/speculate about as opposed to constant pages of players we won't sign like we normally have close season.....

It's literally just people taking a punt on tit bits of information etc though. If Carvahal came it wouldn't be a mercerman exclusive that's for certain, broken clock right twice a day kinda scenario.....

• Like 1

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Winds me up people think Southgate is a good manager - absolutely tinpot.

Much much worse than Mowbray.

I think he’d be an improvement. The England players respect him and give 100% for him.  In the Euro final he was shown to be a bit lacking tactically and wasn’t the man to finish the job, but he brought back a lot of pride and excitement. Some managers suit international football more than club football. It’s a very different job, probably easier in some ways, but harder in others. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

With one of the best teams in the world.

Absolutely woeful at club level.

Not necessarily convinced that he can win a tournament or that he is an elite manager, but to get to a semi final and final even with a good crop of players especially considering our tournament history is an achievement and suggests that your criticism is hyperbolic, similar to when you rated Mowbray's tenure here as "1/10."

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

His record isnt too shabby for England, a semi final and a final is probably not "tinpot."

Awful manager, gets lucky with every draw and still wins nothing because he's too defensive.

• Like 6

Just now, 1874 said:

Awful manager, gets lucky with every draw and still wins nothing because he's too defensive.

Take the point about draws, teams like Ukraine, Colombia, Sweden and Denmark arent the very best but they are all still very respectable teams with good players that even as the favourite, a manager deserves credit for beating all 4, and Germany are of a similar standard and we beat them too.

Hence why "awful" is well over the top.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Winds me up people think Southgate is a good manager - absolutely tinpot.

Much much worse than Mowbray.

Give over Mowbs clearly tried to model himself on Gareth 🤣

Needless messing with the team, odd subs and shitting it every time it got interesting instead of putting his foot on the gas.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Take the point about draws, teams like Ukraine, Colombia, Sweden and Denmark arent the very best but they are all still very respectable teams with good players that even as the favourite, a manager deserves credit for beating all 4, and Germany are of a similar standard and we beat them too.

Hence why "awful" is well over the top.

I think under 30% win rate at club level is awful.

6 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Yeah been fortunate to get easy teams like Germany in the knockouts. Gareth was lucky he didn't get drawn against the absolute titans of Iceland like Roy did 

The worst German team in living memory and Scotland

• Like 1