BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If they know who Ainsworth is bud.

My money is they don't 

Haven't they approach Ainsworth before, but they wanted him to resign from Wycombe so they could avoid paying compensation - and obviously he refused to screw over the club like that.

At least that's what I read on here... taken with a pinch of salt, obviously. 

Yep. Good old Nicko has gone with his 5-6 name shortlist which kept people dangling for a couple of weeks. The process is still ongoing so time to 'expand' that which should get another couple of weeks of fans hanging on his every word and buying the Sun to find out who is on the list.

The Sun? Pah! He’s realised there’s are plenty of folk actually willing to pay him directly through Patreon for his ‘insights’, so he’s cut out the middleman!

Cracking grift, but the mind boggles at the mugs signing up for it 🤦‍♂️

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Southside Rover said:

Rooney will be free next week now his other commitments are concluded....

In the same way the likes of greats like Rooney, Keane, and yes Dunn, Tugay and other players from that era can obviously coach, do not want to see them near a coaching or management capacity at Rovers.

Edited by Tricky

'Could have been some...'  😂

Why do people swallow this crap there either is or isn't and if he can only say 'could be' then 99% nailed on he's making it up. He doesn't actually know and he's admitted it right there.

• Moderation Lead

Are people really still giving Nixon the time of day? Fair play if you want to mug yourselves off like that. I’d rather not personally.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Are people really still giving Nixon the time of day? Fair play if you want to mug yourselves off like that. I’d rather not personally.

Being blocked is a blessing.

3 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

Quasimodo had one of those and it didn't do him any good

Does Britt Assombalonga have one of those as well? Maybe that’s why the deal never happened 👀

5 hours ago, alderson777 said:

Good old Alan Nixon. If I throw thus much rubbish. It's got to stick. Right?

Trouble is, it isn't 'rubbish' it's shit. And yes, that is always going to stick, and hang around like a bad smell, and require special tactics to ignore the stink and see what is actually going on at our much abused, highly confused, yet still strangely enthused club.

Nothing to see here. Just a bad smell. Cleaners have been notified. Move on..

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If we credit the owners merely for not incurring 21 point deductions or simply because we remain in business, then our expectations of them must be lower than a snakes belly.

There are plenty of other basket club cases out there. 

I'd also say the sight of Newcastle fans rubbing their hands together at the thought of their club spunking all that Saudi blood money turns my stomach. Fit and proper owners my arse.... now they are lower than a snakes belly.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Taking candidate names out of the equation, a lot is going to come down to the autonomy afforded to the new manager.

If its a manager who has no say in signings and is purely there to coach, then that manager needs to be both comfortable with that arrangement and not just here to collect the pay cheque.

If the manager does get involved in signings and  selects from a list drawn up by the new DOF, Then the DOF is possibly a far more important appointment, because if he is selecting players through agent manipulation we could end up going back to the Danny Murphy days.

If we appoint a manager first, does he get input into who the director of football should be? After all he needs to work with him. If the DOF Comes first does that rule certain managers in and out of the equation?

This link is Steve Kean's contract, if we draw up one like this, they be queuing all the way around the ground to sign it.

When Michael Appleton was appointed for example, Carolyn McAteer just rolled up at Ewood as his representative on a consultancy deal unbeknown to any one at Ewood and whilst Berg was still Manager. Two weeks later Appleton was appointed again with zero input from those at Ewood.

I have not heard anything different over the last 10 days and if I was having a bet I'd probably go with Farke. That being said, he would not be the first to walk away from negotiations over the last 12 years. Whoever the new manager is, at some point will have to sit down with Waggott and Suhail and go through the finer details of the day to day aspects of the job.

If past experiences are anything to go by under the current regime, then lots of interviews have taken place, and lots of managers have chosen to end negotiations, especially during the Shagnew days.

Just another point if my memory is correct? Someone did a prank call to Balaji Rao when TM Was appointed, what I gleamed from that call, is the owners had never spoken to TM During the interview process, did not know his voice meaning they literally must have just signed it off, based on what third parties had said to them.

Steve Kean contract.pdf 361.23 kB · 43 downloads

Matt Maddon made the call to Baiaji. I heard it shortly after he did it. Granted it was funny, but shows that what you are saying is spot on. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, rigger said:

We should be aiming to challange for automatic promotion.

We have some talented youngsters who are beginning to mature for the next manager in line. I was disappointed like the rest of the Blackburn Rovers supporters when we didn,t go up last season. We all started to believe when we went on that fantastic run before Christmas and reached the dizzy heights of 2nd.

58 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We have some talented youngsters who are beginning to mature for the next manager in line. I was disappointed like the rest of the Blackburn Rovers supporters when we didn,t go up last season. We all started to believe when we went on that fantastic run before Christmas and reached the dizzy heights of 2nd.

The ones of us with memories of previous Mowbray death spirals knew what was coming.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The ones of us with memories of previous Mowbray death spirals knew what was coming.

Oh to have decent owners like Bournemouth for example, who saw the opportunity in January, saw the team was struggling and gave the manager funds to make it to the promise land, balls to FFP.

Our owners couldn't careless what league we're in, they simply do not care.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

Oh to have decent owners like Bournemouth for example, who saw the opportunity in January, saw the team was struggling and gave the manager funds to make it to the promise land, balls to FFP.

Our owners couldn't careless what league we're in, they simply do not care.

Forest made the smartest signings for me.

• Like 2