BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Waggot is a cost cutter and a down grader that's why he is here and he has publically stated in business interviews he isn't a speculate to accumulate guy. He's more of a squeeze what you have guy.

Look at his previous clubs and why he was there at those times i don't think he has the first clue or ambition to grow a club. Everything he has done here is designed to just tread water and keep himself in wages. 

I doubt for 1 min if it was up to him there'd have been any 7 or 5 million quid transfers. There'd have been more Raya type sales though and just look how he's allowed the contracts of some of our good players to end up.

Look what he wanted to do with the STC and academy also, i think he needs to stay away from advising on the new manager.  He's bound to be pushing the cheapest new set up possible.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Waggot is a cost cutter and a down grader that's why he is here and he has publically stated in business interviews he isn't a speculate to accumulate guy. He's more of a squeeze what you have guy.

Look at his previous clubs and why he was there at those times i don't think he has the first clue or ambition to grow a club. Everything he has done here is designed to just tread water and keep himself in wages. 

I doubt for 1 min if it was up to him there'd have been any 7 or 5 million quid transfers. There'd have been more Raya type sales though and just look how he's allowed the contracts of some of our good players to end up.

Look what he wanted to do with the STC and academy also, i think he needs to stay away from advising on the new manager.  He's bound to be pushing the cheapest new set up possible.

I thought he was retiring?

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I thought he was retiring?

He's been retiring for about 2 years now just like TM was leaving last summer or being sacked the one before.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The idea that Venkys never refuse to sign a cheque is blatantly untrue.

erm.. who uses cheques any more? The Queen, possibly.

Anyway, any sightings of royalty down Brockhall way over the weekend?

Im actuality happy Mowbray has gone. Missing the playoffs this year was criminal. He ran out of ideas and the shape of the team wasn’t good. My choices of managers. Would take Curbishley or Chris Houghton. They play decent football and have very good track records in the Championship 

• Like 1

The notion that the Rao's never refuse to sign things off sounds a little fanciful to me. Why would anyone, including Waggott, not ask for more money if they're ever so happy to do sign cheques? Surely that would mean that there would be no problem in asking?

There are HUGE issues at the ground that need addressing and wouldn't fall under FFP. Waggott et al. will be aware of all of these issues and I would assume that the Rao's man on the ground Suhail will be too. You'd have to literally be blind to not see them.

I don't doubt at all what you think you know @glen9mullan and I know you aren't one to pass on information or rumours without it coming from a credible source, but it makes zero sense.

11 minutes ago, Rovers150 said:

Im actuality happy Mowbray has gone. Missing the playoffs this year was criminal. He ran out of ideas and the shape of the team wasn’t good. My choices of managers. Would take Curbishley or Chris Houghton. They play decent football and have very good track records in the Championship 

When did Curbishley last manage a team? No thank you. 

Hughton... not for me. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Rovers150 said:

Alan Curbishley who last held a managerial position in 2008 and hasn't been in charge in this division for 22 years?

I have serious doubts you can translate that track record to the modern day. The level of physical fitness and conditioning required in the professional game now is vastly different to what it was then.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

QPR to talk to Ainsworth this week.

That's him off the list then.

He’s the favourite for that job. Mr Nixon reckons he’s also on our shortlist.

Maybe QPR have always had him as their top target and were just waiting for the League One Play Offs to conclude.

I reckon that’s where he will end up.

They're welcome to him, not somebody who interests me to be honest, though i must admit i know little about him. I get the impression he’s more of a hoof ball type like Sam was? Yeah, i do get its horses for courses 

31 minutes ago, martonrover said:

He’s the favourite for that job. Mr Nixon reckons he’s also on our shortlist.

Maybe QPR have always had him as their top target and were just waiting for the League One Play Offs to conclude.

I reckon that’s where he will end up.

QPR is his dream job.

Personally think he's a fantastic manager and would love him here regardless of the Rovers link.

• Like 3