BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

I honestly think if Mowbray goes, we will have Damien Johnson in as caretaker.

If you look at venkys history, k**n, black, bowyer, we're all given a chance after their predecessors failed.

I think venkys will look at the good job Johnson did in the under 23s and look to him to develop these players in the first team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanives said:

I honestly think if Mowbray goes, we will have Damien Johnson in as caretaker.

If you look at venkys history, k**n, black, bowyer, we're all given a chance after their predecessors failed.

I think venkys will look at the good job Johnson did in the under 23s and look to him to develop these players in the first team

Yer, it's a reasonable line of thinking tbf. 

Also, if they let Mowbray go but keep Benson and Lowe, possibly Venus too, they save money/hassle on a new (and decent) backroom team. 

It's exactly the lazy, easy, unambitious type of move Venkys would opt for.

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Yer, it's a reasonable line of thinking tbf. 

Also, if they let Mowbray go but keep Benson and Lowe, possibly Venus too, they save money/hassle on a new (and decent) backroom team. 

It's exactly the lazy, easy, unambitious type of move Venkys would opt for.

Yes exactly,

Johnson wouldn't be screaming for X amount of money for a squad revamp. He would already have a certain amount of trust from venkys due to the work he did in the under 23s.

I just can't see them going for any ambitious managers, they'll want to keep the stability that Mowbray has built.

We never know, Johnson might turn out to be a cracker 

Very possible there is still an agency running this gaff for Vs via Waggot and Mowbray with the usual man in the middle.

It would explain quite a few things like the old boys club, Boro connections and the untouchable yet never taking responsibility of a few of them.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If mark Venus name even gets put on the betting odds I think I might throw up

of the not so dynamic duo,i think he could be the one who gets the job is moggadon walks away,it would be venky/swag logic,no searching,no compensation and no hassle for them,i actually do think it was venus who was doing the managing behind the scenes in our good run,think it was danny graham who said in his podcast that mowbray and venus have completely different views on the game,mowbrays likes the possesion game and venus prefers to be more direct,we were certainly more direct before christmas and tony has at times sat on his arris sulking while venus has been doing the directing,it could well be that it`s already arranged for venus to take over,hence the silence on mowbrays contract,i won`t be jumping for joy if it happens but lets give him a chance

If they are just going to pass it to Venus they might as well do it now and see if he can relight the fire in the remaining games.

Mowbray threw the towel in with that first half v Derby !

All he's going to do between now and the end of the season is shrug his shoulders and tell us how great he thinks the players are, after blaming them since Feb for most things.

27 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i won`t be jumping for joy if it happens but lets give him a chance

I think we should take that phrase on board at Rovers these days.

'we'll give anyone a chance'

New club motto maybe? 😉😂

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

of the not so dynamic duo,i think he could be the one who gets the job is moggadon walks away,it would be venky/swag logic,no searching,no compensation and no hassle for them,i actually do think it was venus who was doing the managing behind the scenes in our good run,think it was danny graham who said in his podcast that mowbray and venus have completely different views on the game,mowbrays likes the possesion game and venus prefers to be more direct,we were certainly more direct before christmas and tony has at times sat on his arris sulking while venus has been doing the directing,it could well be that it`s already arranged for venus to take over,hence the silence on mowbrays contract,i won`t be jumping for joy if it happens but lets give him a chance

I just don’t trust him 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This idea that Mowbray's assistant had somehow outranked him and was enforcing a style of play that Mowbray didn't want and led to him sulking is beyond farfetched.

i think in the pre season of this year venus and mowbray argued about the approach to matches,tony said "if you can do better then you do the team shape,i`ll go along with it and do the press work and media" look at our performances before the new year,they were far from the possesion based mowbray ethos,mowbray got envious,took back control and went back to his possesion based beliefs,we started to lose games,just like last season,there was an almighty bust up at half time in the derby game,mowbray was obviously upset by the rebellion and from then onwards he`s acted like a petulant child,especially as we came out blasting and destroyed derby,he was sat on his backside 2nd half in the coventry game,he only got up to remonstrate with the terrible referee,probably only because robins the coventry manager was doing the same

tony is on his way at the end of the season,who manages us next year is a source of mystery but imo it`s going to be venus,he ticks all the venky boxes,they don`t need to do anything as it`s easier for them to appoint within,whether he`s any use is doubtful but this is venkys,they don`t do ambition or enterprise,why they continue to fund us is a mystery akin to the source of the universe

31 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think in the pre season of this year venus and mowbray argued about the approach to matches,tony said "if you can do better then you do the team shape,i`ll go along with it and do the press work and media" look at our performances before the new year,they were far from the possesion based mowbray ethos,mowbray got envious,took back control and went back to his possesion based beliefs,we started to lose games,just like last season,there was an almighty bust up at half time in the derby game,mowbray was obviously upset by the rebellion and from then onwards he`s acted like a petulant child,especially as we came out blasting and destroyed derby,he was sat on his backside 2nd half in the coventry game,he only got up to remonstrate with the terrible referee,probably only because robins the coventry manager was doing the same

tony is on his way at the end of the season,who manages us next year is a source of mystery but imo it`s going to be venus,he ticks all the venky boxes,they don`t need to do anything as it`s easier for them to appoint within,whether he`s any use is doubtful but this is venkys,they don`t do ambition or enterprise,why they continue to fund us is a mystery akin to the source of the universe

Just farfetched nonsense to ensure that Mowbray gets no credit for when things go well but the full blame when things go wrong. For a start, we certainly have not reverted back to playing possession football.

• Like 1

I’d find it highly unlikely and exceptionality unusual to think Tony has not only handed the reigns over to prove a point but then whilst sat in second demanded control back to fuck it all up. Can you imagine how toxic that situation would be. This club is a basket case but even someone as cynical as I struggle with that

What a depressing read.

These owners are not interested in who manages the club as the last 11yrs shows. We need someone who is willing to work with 1 hand tied behind his back, right now I'd take Mowbray over the dross in this thread, he's tried and tested and will tide us over until these reprobates sod off.

The alternative could be Phil Brown, you heard it hear first 😉