BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

“Jurgen and Pep were interviewed, but we felt that Mark (Venus)  and David (Dunn) were the outstanding candidates”.

That would be funny if it wasn’t possible!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't place much store by what Sharpe says but IF (as he is inferring above) any new appointment will be hindered by having to keep on Mowbray's deadbeat coaching staff that will be a massive impediment to bringing in a top class candidate.

Given Venky's financial clout the process SHOULD be so straightforward. Identify the best candidate available, make it happen and let them bring in whoever they want.

• Like 5

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't place much store by what Sharpe says but IF (as he is inferring above) any new appointment will be hindered by having to keep on Mowbray's deadbeat coaching staff that will be a massive impediment to bringing in a top class candidate.

Given Venky's financial clout the process SHOULD be so straightforward. Identify the best candidate available, make it happen and let them bring in whoever they want.

It seems sensible enough to me. Rather than just binning them off, let the new manager consider whether to keep them or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Keep the old coaching team and slot in a 35-1 shot

It's cost cutting again by Waggot and it's coming....

Sadly you're probably very right.

Which is a shame because I'm hanging on by a very thin thread at this point. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Keep the old coaching team and slot in a 35-1 shot

It's cost cutting again by Waggot and it's coming....

Sadly you're probably very right.

Which is a shame because I'm hanging on by a very thin thread at this point. 

well we should all be holding off season ticket renewals until its done

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tricky said:

well we should all be holding off season ticket renewals until its done

Can’t speak for anyone else but as i’ve already stated, my season ticket wont be renewed until appointments are made

• Like 4

Only at a club as comical as Rovers could you narrowly miss the play-offs, change manager, have decent people interested in coming to work here and then squander the opportunity to get one by insisting that the new manager has to work with the likes of Lowe and Benson.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Only at a club as comical as Rovers could you narrowly miss the play-offs, change manager, have decent people interested in coming to work here and then squander the opportunity to get one by insisting that the new manager has to work with the likes of Lowe and Benson.

Because Waggott is a plonker?

Or “I’ve saved you (venkys) X amount of ££’s, can i have a pay rise on top of my £300k a year I blag off you”

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pomster said:

Because Waggott is a plonker?

Or “I’ve saved you (venkys) X amount of ££’s, can i have a pay rise on top of my £300k a year I blag off you”

I fear that will be exactly the input he has into the next appointment.

• Like 1

Any manager worth his salt would tell them where to go and insist on bringing in his own team. Another reason to believe it will be some desperado who will toe the party line and not challenge the owners in any way.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Mercer said:

Agree.

I find some of the responses to speculation on this MB incredulous.

IMO, history under current ownership and their various senior managers tells us that all is far from joined up at Rovers where planning, execution and decision making are concerned - if Carlsberg did indecision and flip-flopping!

Take Coyle's appointment - did Chesterton not go away on holiday thinking Warnock's appointment was in the bag only for all to change whilst he was away???

Take April 2021 when there was speculation Mowbray was about to head for the exit door.  I think his body language at the time suggested he thought he was going and according to at least one poster on here, his staff also thought the same.  Again, it was speculated (including some well known / respected posters on this MB) alternative managers were sounded out .  Who was pulling the Ewood strings then and why an apparent change of mind?  

I think you could ask Rovers Senior Executive Management the same question and I think there's a high probability you would get several different answers!

As for Sharpe, I have little confidence in his understanding of what's going on - I take his scribblings with a pinch of salt.

As for prospective managers not visiting Brockhall - any prospective manager who hadn't seen the facilities down there would, IMO, most certainly want to see what set-up he had to work with.

My personal view is Rovers are further down the line in their search for a new manager than Sharpe and some others on here think.

Rich Sharpe is clearly not the most proactive of journalists but for him to categorically state that there have been no interviews is seemingly more credible than yourself saying that Carvalhal and a mystery second manager have been at Brockhall in cars with black tinted windows, with a series of other posters then copying and saying that they have also heard the same! You did say earlier this season that Mowbray had an over 90% chance of becoming West Brom manager and within hours, Bruce had been officially announced! What sort of mystery source revealed this info?

Can't argue with the notion that not everyone in the club is on the same page, that is evident from history under Venkys and seemingly is not set to improve under such inept owners.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Should but hasn't been across the last 12 years unfortunately. Those "deadbeat coaching staff" can't be in the main pinned on Mowbray either, the likes of Lowe, Benson etc I think all were here prior to Mowbray with only Venus brought in by him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Should but hasn't been across the last 12 years unfortunately. Those "deadbeat coaching staff" can't be in the main pinned on Mowbray either, the likes of Lowe, Benson etc I think all were here prior to Mowbray with only Venus brought in by him.

Exactly that.

but are unlikely to have the same bearing as they did during their last managerial search

Clearly they picked a manager last time that was happy to work with existing coaches. Now it is being suggested a managers willingness to work with existing coaches won't have the same bearing.

Pointless sacking them all and giving them a pay-off and then realising that the new man coming in really rates one of them as a coach. Let him decide who we keep.

Simple fact is that at the time of his appointment at Rovers Mowbray was on the scrapheap and desperate for a job which he took on solely based on the clubs initial offer.

He did not have the balls to demand his own staff so is actually a major reason why Lowe and Benson are still conning a living at Roves.

Maybe Mowbray thinks so highly of them he will take them to his next appointment which he expects to be with a Championship club genuinely chasing promotion .... I do not FTS ....

IMO as always.

• Like 3