BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Exactly that.

but are unlikely to have the same bearing as they did during their last managerial search

Clearly they picked a manager last time that was happy to work with existing coaches. Now it is being suggested a managers willingness to work with existing coaches won't have the same bearing.

Pointless sacking them all and giving them a pay-off and then realising that the new man coming in really rates one of them as a coach. Let him decide who we keep.

I would be wary of any incoming manager that rates any of our present coaching staff. We can't even take throw-ins.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Simple fact is that at the time of his appointment at Rovers Mowbray was on the scrapheap and desperate for a job which he took on solely based on the clubs initial offer.

He did not have the balls to demand his own staff so is actually a major reason why Lowe and Benson are still conning a living at Roves.

Maybe Mowbray thinks so highly of them he will take them to his next appointment which he expects to be with a Championship club genuinely chasing promotion .... I do not FTS ....

IMO as always.

Exactly. There is no way an ambitious Championship club will appoint Mowbray. He might be in with a sniff at Brum if they pot Bowyer. That type of club is his ceiling. 

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

My personal view is Rovers are further down the line in their search for a new manager than Sharpe and some others on here think.

You’ve just done a full post on how slow and incoherent Venkys Rovers have been in their searches for previous managers. So based on your post, why would anyone believe this. 

Waggot is still going through CV’s.

Suhail is onto his agent buddies to see who they recommend.

Balaji is wondering why Maradona isn’t picking up his phone to talk about the job.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He did not have the balls to demand his own staff so is actually a major reason why Lowe and Benson are still conning a living at Roves.

Benson was actually promoted by Mowbary from the academy ...

43 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Simple fact is that at the time of his appointment at Rovers Mowbray was on the scrapheap and desperate for a job which he took on solely based on the clubs initial offer.

He brought Venus in as his number 2.

I don't understand the hatred on here for Rovers backroom team, Benson has worked with Raya and Kaminski, 2 keepers that are going from strength to strength, whats not to like about that?

Look at the lads coming from the academy into the first team? It all adds up to having a decent backroom team and not what 1 poster on here wants you to think.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would be wary of any incoming manager that rates any of our present coaching staff. We can't even take throw-ins.

It infuriates me watching other teams at Ewood having the freedom of the pitch to take their throw-ins, meanwhile every single one of our players is tightly marked when we're throwing the ball in.

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don't understand the hatred on here for Rovers backroom team, Benson has worked with Raya and Kaminski, 2 keepers that are going from strength to strength, whats not to like about that?

Do you not think Raya going from strength to strength may have something to do with the Brentford coaches ? Kaminskis, basic keeper skills have always been there, but his distribution has dropped off since being at the Rovers. If you think Bensons product as a keeper coach is good, you are entitled to that opinion. 

PS. I don't think it is hatred of the coaching staff, more just being underwhelmed by them. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Venus has been his BB for years and is, allegedly, the financial wiz with a liking for houses.

Benson: A cheap make do accepted by Mowbray. How is he giving instructions in play to outfield players. Unless he has qualifications I can't find anywhere.

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Do you not think Raya going from strength to strength may have something to do with the Brentford coaches ? 

Would you like to ignore everything that happened between 2012-2019 to suit that argument? 

Edited by Gav

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Venus has been his BB for years and is, allegedly, the financial wiz with a liking for houses.

Benson: A cheap make do accepted by Mowbray. How is he giving instructions in play to outfield players. Unless he has qualifications I can't find anywhere.

BB?

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Would you like to ignore everything that happened between 2012-2019 to suit that argument? 

I would certainly like to forget everything that happened between 2012-2019, but that won't happen.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would certainly like to forget everything that happened between 2012-2019, but that won't happen.

You and me both rigger, you and me both...

Any decent sought after manager will demand or expect to bring with him trusted staff. Be that Mourinho, Carvalhal, Lambert, Hughes take your pick - all of them will at the very least bring a trusted sidekick and most will want to assemble their own teams who they know, trust and who are up to their way of thinking/working.

It is clear that things have gone stale here over the last couple of years under Mowbray. Part of that will be down to the coaching staff. So I can only imagine how underwhelming it will be to the players to be turning up at pre-season only to see the same faces on the training ground repeating the same routine as years past.

This isn't hatred or personal dislike of these individuals. Just an acceptance that there are cycles in football that come and go and at times change is needed. Fergie recognised this which is why he worked his way through all sorts of assistants and coaches to keep things fresh and up to date.

If you are going to recruit on the basis you are determined to keep the existing staff in jobs then your managerial search is going to fail.

No decent manager will have staff imposed on him

No ambitious club would baulk at making changes to the coaching staff

No serious club would keep staff in place because they are nice people or work hard.

If a manager comes along who is a strong option and then he of his own accord prefers to keep one or more of the staff then that's fine - his decision and he will be judged on his results.

I remember when Paul Lambert left and we had the shambolic recruitment process of 2016. It was mentioned numerous times that the club was looking for a manager to work with Irvine, Kelly and the other bloke whose name i forget. We had Warnock lined up who was set to bring in Jepson and Blackwell. Then Coyle sneaked in and got the job and initially they claimed he was working with Irvine.

Then over the course of the summer Irvine and Kelly left to go elsewhere conveniently creating spaces for Coyle to bring in Stewart and the other two mates, so in the end he got what he wanted only on a gradual process.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

You have to remember what we are dealing with here.

Rovers offered Philip Moulton (Steve Keans bodyguard) a youth team coaching job, when no more bodyguarding was needed...... enough said

Jesus wept….

19 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Rovers offered Philip Moulton (Steve Keans bodyguard) a youth team coaching job, when no more bodyguarding was needed...... enough said

Fit and proper indeed....

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Look at the lads coming from the academy into the first team? It all adds up to having a decent backroom team and not what 1 poster on here wants you to think.

Both keepers went backwards under Benson.

Kaminski's distribution now is significantly worse than when he arrived.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Wasn’t Steve Keans bodyguard Paul Fleck?

19 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Brentford don't seem to think Raya went backwards, hence forking out £3m, I agree with them.

Kaminski has earned a full international call up since he arrived, Belgium too don't think he's gone backwards.

I'll defer to them.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Just now, Gav said:

Brentford don't seem to think Raya went backwards, I agree with them.

Kaminski has earned a full international call up since he arrived, Belgium too don't think he's gone backwards.

I'll defer to them.

Have to agree Gav, the only place you’ll here specific backroom coaches being dogged is BRFCS. Make of that what you will!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I can’t remember you waxing lyrical about Kamiski’s distribution at Copenhagen? 

Whilst you’re welcome to this view, to me it simply sounds like an opinion created to enforce another. 

The caveat of Raya getting worse is utterly laughable since he’s essentially now an established premier league player with an international cap.

• Like 2