BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

23 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Have to agree Gav, the only place you’ll here specific backroom coaches being dogged is BRFCS. Make of that what you will!

I think the important point is that any half decent Head Coach / Manager will want to bring in his own staff.

If the club blocks that, it'll be another desperate dan getting the job.

Add to that the worry of a poor Director of Football appointment creating the same problem.

Here's hoping they surprise / amaze us.

• Like 1

With a goalkeeper coach, there will be countless people like Benson who can regurgitate what they have learnt on their courses and set up drills and sessions. I think this is fine with young keepers, but a player as established as Kaminski would maybe benefit more from someone who has been there and done it and can act as a mentor.

Over time it seems Benson’s role grew somewhat and during the last few months you’d see him giving instructions to outfield subs and showing players papers during breaks in play.

Anyway, whatever the abilities or otherwise of our current first team coaching set up, I’d prefer a completely clean slate. We are in desperate need of a change and clearing the decks seems wholly sensible. Plus a new manager ought to be bringing in an entire team that share his vision and who they can work with effectively.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yes, but you don't get a cap for being in the squad.

I never mentioned caps, I was referring to him being called up to the full International squad, which he was.

To say he's gone gone backwards under Benson simply isn't true, wouldn't you agree?

On the wider point, a clean slate would be best in my opinion, especially at the top table, but will Venkys pay up the contracts? Always a stumbling block for this lot.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Of course the majority of the staff are staying, they are under contract.

Just like TM was never going anywhere on that horror run last season, when even he sounded like he expected to be sacked - because he was under contract. Indeed he’d still he here now if his deal had been 12 months longer…

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think this is very similar to what Sharpe wrote.

IMO, Bayes and Sharpe two of a kind - little insight and wont rock the boat, gave Mowbray an easy ride.

Bayes expects the majority of backroom staff to stay in place - has the guy got any intelligence?  Who would want to work with, IMO, fifth raters like Lowe and Benson.

on the coaching point, we are already without 2 fitness coaches and head of medical services so they will need replacing. Plus I would expect Venus and Lowe will go with Benson staying. 

It will be interesting who we interview in the next few days but I think Farke and Carvalhal will be interview and I think couple more foreign options. I think the Canada national coach John Herdman might be interview and he seemed to done a good job at national team boss there tho managing Championship level is very different. If we can appoint either Farke or Carvalhal as our next head coach then it should be them. They will have demands over budgets cos they will want promotion push here not just settling for mid table mediocre 

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The expectation is also that the 'majority' of the existing staff will stay on (no surprises there) yet we haven't yet spoken to candidates for sporting director or head coach, neither of whom might want the existing staff.

Depends what you class as majority of the existing staff whether that including recruitment and data analysis staff, we already have 3 vacancies on the first team coaching staff already. I think Venus and Lowe will go. 

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Typically cryptic and non-committal.

But the facts of the matter are, from 2 people close to the club, we've spoken to no mangers thus far, which fits.

The claim on here, of one potential managerial candidate being shown around the training ground was clearly bullshit, as expected. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

thats the new director of football sorted then they'll use venus for that and combine his role with parks

Sounds like we have been talking to different candidates for the job according to the website that Pete O'Rourke and Wayne Veysey work for have posted this today

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Rovers are speaking to several candidates for the director of football role and hope to attract a highly-regarded operator and talent spotter to work alongside a new manager.

Blackburn eye director of football as manager hunt continues - Sources (footballinsider247.com)

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

on the coaching point, we are already without 2 fitness coaches and head of medical services so they will need replacing. Plus I would expect Venus and Lowe will go with Benson staying. 

It will be interesting who we interview in the next few days but I think Farke and Carvalhal will be interview and I think couple more foreign options. I think the Canada national coach John Herdman might be interview and he seemed to done a good job at national team boss there tho managing Championship level is very different. If we can appoint either Farke or Carvalhal as our next head coach then it should be them. They will have demands over budgets cos they will want promotion push here not just settling for mid table mediocre 

Depends what you class as majority of the existing staff whether that including recruitment and data analysis staff, we already have 3 vacancies on the first team coaching staff already. I think Venus and Lowe will go. 

How do you get to 'already have 3 vacancies'?

Mowbray gone so need a manager/head coach

Sounds like Venus going yet in typical Rovers fashion we don't yet know for sure.

So there's 2.

I'm on about coaching staff so we've still got Lowe, Benson and Johnson in place.

I hope I am wrong and I hope you are right that we are going to be interviewing Farke and Carvalhal. But I suspect once these people realise what clowns we have running this club they will run a mile.

Shame because I think both could be good for this club and both would want the job with the right structure. But being told there's no money and scope only to bring in an assistant whilst keeping the rest of the gang on won't go down well I don't think.

Relatively big hitters like Carvalhal and Farke might as well just wait for a vacancy elsewhere where they will be allowed to bring in their own staff.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

How do you get to 'already have 3 vacancies'?

Mowbray gone so need a manager/head coach

Sounds like Venus going yet in typical Rovers fashion we don't yet know for sure.

So there's 2.

I'm on about coaching staff so we've still got Lowe, Benson and Johnson in place.

I hope I am wrong and I hope you are right that we are going to be interviewing Farke and Carvalhal. But I suspect once these people realise what clowns we have running this club they will run a mile.

Shame because I think both could be good for this club and both would want the job with the right structure. But being told there's no money and scope only to bring in an assistant whilst keeping the rest of the gang on won't go down well I don't think.

Relatively big hitters like Carvalhal and Farke might as well just wait for a vacancy elsewhere where they will be allowed to bring in their own staff.

Like I said in my post we have to 2 fitness coaches to replace cos Liam Mason left for Newcastle and Jack Dowling for Everton in March. Plus our head of medical services Andrew Mitchell left for Red Bull Leipzig now. So there is your 3 vacancies.  

On Carlos Carvalhal, I don't know who he had on his staff at Braga with him or what he want will him here if he took the job. 

Daniel Farke, I would think he want his regular staff with him in number 2 Eddie Riemer, first-team coach Christopher John and Head of Performance Chris Domogalla. So If that what he wants to come here then I would give him what he wants. 

Just for the record I think Mark Venus, David Lowe and Ben Benson should go but I would keep Damien Johnson here for sure. 

8 minutes ago, martonrover said:

That doesn't tie up with Beyes's tweet.

wrong there, he said the majority of staff will stay, but what is he including that statement like scouting, recruitment and data analysis aswell?

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

But the facts of the matter are, from 2 people close to the club, we've spoken to no mangers thus far, which fits.

The claim on here, of one potential managerial candidate being shown around the training ground was clearly bullshit, as expected. 

You really think Sharpe and Bayes are close to the club and know what's going on?!  

If you think potential managerial candidates being shown around the STC and Academy is clearly bullsh1t then it is your prerogative.  I have good reason to think otherwise.

IMO, the recruitment of a new manager/head coach is further down the line than many think and I think this will soon become evident. 

Let's not have an argument over it but simply wait and see.  If I'm wrong I will hold my hand up.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont see how anyone can say that specific coachs should stay yet others should go. What I do know is the new manager should be able to have the option to choose who to keep and who to get rid of.

It's a fair point as someone coming might say have a regular number 2 but no bibs and cones man or he might have those 2 types coming with him but no keeper coach.

The worry though is they are looking for just a guy to slot in with the regular staff, like Berg say.  That really isn't shaking things up enough and would point to a young cheap puppet type again.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

What's with the leaving the coaching staff in place all about? So weird. Why can't they just do things the normal way?

Instant red flags appearing now, it won't be a decent appointment.

I don't understand why it's weird. It's one of the most normal/sensible things this club has done in a while.

Might as well save paying them off by leaving them in place until a new manager decides whether he wants them or not.

• Like 5